New Eldorados?

artthouwill

Close. I had just gotten off at old willow. On another note I'm really glad to see NW getting them and I seem to have really good luck on catching them. In recent weeks I've been getting more 63-6400's than Orion VI's. I ride the 208 & 250 the most, of the pace routes I do ride, and it works out well for me. I honestly get off of Orion's with headaches some of their suspensions are so bad. I normally am nostalgic with transit vehicles. I like when I catch rides on older equipment because I never know how many more chances I'll get. But that is not the case here. Keep those 6400's coming.

• Upvote 1

.... I honestly get off of Orion's with headaches some of their suspensions are so bad. ....

Apparently always the case, as I was riding one with someone complaining about it about 11-12 years ago.

As Pace pointed out then, they were $10,000/bus cheaper than the 1999 NABIs, which isn't a hell of an endorsement.

Apparently always the case, as I was riding one with someone complaining about it about 11-12 years ago.

As Pace pointed out then, they were $10,000/bus cheaper than the 1999 NABIs, which isn't a hell of an endorsement.

Perhaps the answer is obvious (thinking too much into it), but they should've went with the Orion V had we'd known the VI would've been this problematic.

Perhaps the answer is obvious (thinking too much into it), but they should've went with the Orion V had we'd known the VI would've been this problematic.

By that time, pretty much every TA (except NJ) had given up on high floor buses, and the spec was undoubtedly for low floor ones.

The Orion VII was developed basically because Toronto determined that the VI was not suitable for their use.

If one wants to speculate about anything, it is why Pace stayed with Orion Is when Vs were available in the early 90s.

As I indicated, $10,000 off for a bus that did last at least 12 years probably was a good deal as far as Pace was concerned.

• 3 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity, how does PACE identify other runs? And are the 6-run/7-run numbers across all garages?

trainman went through that before. Garages are not identified. IIRC, weekday ones are 1 morning, 2 afternoon, 3 split, 4 morning part time, 5 afternoon part time.

The more recent mysterious thing is that some run boxes show stuff like 307A.

How about this:

I checked iPhoto [in my mac] and noted that the date of the photo was 11/27/2014.

Does Pace use the "7" code on holidays? 112714 was Thanksgiving Day this year.

That'll do it. According to the schedule, it is the rare north suburban route running on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

trainman went through that before. Garages are not identified. IIRC, weekday ones are 1 morning, 2 afternoon, 3 split, 4 morning part time, 5 afternoon part time.

The more recent mysterious thing is that some run boxes show stuff like 307A.

This appears to designate first or second half of a swing. For instance, there is a "316B" every PM rush on 215.

I'll check the books but 215/290 usually interline on Sundays. I don't know if that's the case nowadays...

To follow up: the Saturday evening 215 NW run is from the 208; and Sundays are isolated (a couple of runs are deadheads to the 270). I don't know where I thought of a NW interlink like this existed.