CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

On CTA website, alerts are posted about Boarding Change for Blue Line Service Between Cicero and Central Park, but there is no Central Park station on Blue. Looks like the alert is about Pink Line because when you click on the alert, you can see Pink Line under Why is Service Being Changed. They made a mistake which is confusing people.

2 hours ago, Marcin said:

On CTA website, alerts are posted about Boarding Change for Blue Line Service Between Cicero and Central Park, but there is no Central Park station on Blue. Looks like the alert is about Pink Line because when you click on the alert, you can see Pink Line under Why is Service Being Changed. They made a mistake which is confusing people.

CTA corrected the update. But, Blue is still mentioned in description.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place, but I was looking at the rail schedules, which were quietly updated on May 24th. The Brown Line timetable shows the late night shuttle trains between Belmont and Kimball have been extended to the Loop. The Brown Line now has the last train circling the Loop, from approximately 2:00 AM to 2:10 AM. 

https://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/6/rail-tt_brown.pdf

4 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

Not sure if this is the right place, but I was looking at the rail schedules, which were quietly updated on May 24th. The Brown Line timetable shows the late night shuttle trains between Belmont and Kimball have been extended to the Loop. The Brown Line now has the last train circling the Loop, from approximately 2:00 AM to 2:10 AM. 

https://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/6/rail-tt_brown.pdf

I wonder if it’s to keep people off the red line to promote social distancing or if it’s something else. Knowing CTA, imma lean towards something else.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ArcherRider said:

I do not this right place effective August 1 2020 to TBD between midnight and 4am  Blue Line trains will not run between O'Hare and Rosemont to do extra cleaning of trains. according CTA L alert.

Will this aka reduce homeless people from the Blue Line and the airport,?,

1 hour ago, Tcmetro said:

This is happening with the CTA change to the Blue Line at O'Hare. Basically a roundabout way of saying the homeless are no longer welcome at the airport. 

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/7/31/21349321/ohare-midway-chicago-airports-restrict-terminal-access-ticketed-passengers-employees

This is a catch 22.  Is CTA planning to run bus service between O'Hareand Rosemont?  If not, how do workers get to and from the airport?

Trains go to O'Hare and drop off, then run empty to Rosemont. Departures take a shuttle bus to Rosemont. 

Workers with airport ID will be able to get in through the check point. 

No clue what happens to the homeless, I'd imagine the airport will just put them on the bus back to Rosemont. 

I have ridden the Blue Line to O'Hare from time to time overnight because the car rentals there are open 24 hours.  Will they still let you go upstairs and out to a car rental shuttle?

And I haven't brought any kind of ticket to the airport since the advent of e-ticketing.  Am I now going to have to print out some kind of paper receipt to show the cops to  get into the airport?

Likely falls under "business to be at the airport" which sounds like it would be enforced at the discretion of the officer.

Seems like a strong-handed move to address the homeless situation, which of course would be better spent helping people or fixing causes rather than telling people to go sleep somewhere else.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Smolensk said:

I have ridden the Blue Line to O'Hare from time to time overnight because the car rentals there are open 24 hours.  Will they still let you go upstairs and out to a car rental shuttle?

And I haven't brought any kind of ticket to the airport since the advent of e-ticketing.  Am I now going to have to print out some kind of paper receipt to show the cops to  get into the airport?

All you probably have to do is show your reservations or boarding pass on your phone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Something is always going on st Roosevelt.   Around 1730 police blocked WWB Roosevelt at Michigan Ave and at Wabash.  There was a track fire at the Red Line Roosevelt station. Red Line trains were rerouted to the Loop elevated.

Channel 2 showed a stalled train near the Cermak station & said the passengers had to walk back to the station because the power was cut.

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Something is always going on st Roosevelt.   Around 1730 police blocked WWB Roosevelt at Michigan Ave and at Wabash.  There was a track fire at the Red Line Roosevelt station. Red Line trains were rerouted to the Loop elevated.

defective trolley on cars 5501-5502 and 5375-76 knocked the 3rd rail down over a mile of it is knocked down 

18 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Ouch how. This is the second time the 3rd rails got knocked over since the rebuild

If you mean the Dan Ryan rebuild,  that doesn't seem to make sense.  I don't remember a 3rd rail rebuild project in the State St or Red Line subway.

When I was at Roosevelt,  they made everyone go up to the elevated platform.  The CFD was at the station.  I could smell the smoke from the elevated platform.  What I don't know was which direction that Red Line train was headed.  History would have me to believe it was a NB train, but it very well could have been a  SB train.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

If you mean the Dan Ryan rebuild,  that doesn't seem to make sense.  I don't remember a 3rd rail rebuild project in the State St or Red Line subway.

When I was at Roosevelt,  they made everyone go up to the elevated platform.  The CFD was at the station.  I could smell the smoke from the elevated platform.  What I don't know was which direction that Red Line train was headed.  History would have me to believe it was a NB train, but it very well could have been a  SB train.

it was a SB train 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

49 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

incident happened at 15th and clark so it is definitely not apart of the rebuild 

Oh. Well I know there wasn’t a 3rd rail rebuild but remember 2nd night after reopening something struck the 3rd rail? I was thinking maybe it wasn’t seated back in right but it’s in the subway so it’s moot lol 

14 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

incident happened at 15th and clark so it is definitely not apart of the rebuild 

This makes some sense.  When SB trains leave Roosevelt,  they always crawl until they pass the 13th St portal.  I always wonder the reason for this and chalked it up to the rough crossing there.  Is it possible the Trolley trucks got damaged crossing that interlocking causing the damage to the third rail from that point southward?

• 2 months later...