Spring 2014 System Pick Changes

cta_44499_FG

Looks like I was correct on the timing of notices and the start of the pick. At any rate, this is the appropriate space for what I noticed for the 76 which is not only is it getting a new schedule with the change of garages,

It looks like there's going to be a significant change to its service hours since it had an asterisk next to it indicating such.

Rush Hour short trips (Logan to the Lakefront) is one of the changes. It actually appears as if they are pull-outs from FG. As well as full service through Harlem at night.

Same could be said with the 77 going all the way to Cumberland (late night service), which was already discussed.

Rush Hour short trips (Logan to the Lakefront) is one of the changes. It actually appears as if they are pull-outs from FG. As well as full service through Harlem at night.

Same could be said with the 77 going all the way to Cumberland (late night service), which was already discussed.

So are you saying there will be earlier EB trips to the lakefront due to the FG pullouts?

So are you saying there will be earlier EB trips to the lakefront due to the FG pullouts?

Depends on what you define as "earlier." The pullins/outs (outside of the first few runs at 0430-0545) will begin and end at Logan Square; as those 'short-turn' runs will be in the middle of the rush periods (instead of 15 minute headways, they become 7-8 east of the Blue Line)

Another thing I caught on the books: 20 minute headways after 1900 weekdays.

Depends on what you define as "earlier." The pullins/outs (outside of the first few runs at 0430-0545) will begin and end at Logan Square; as those 'short-turn' runs will be in the middle of the rush periods (instead of 15 minute headways, they become 7-8 east of the Blue Line)

Another thing I caught on the books: 20 minute headways after 1900 weekdays.

OK. So there are significant changes in headways depending on time of day.

Yeah, that makes alot of sense, I should have thought of that. I think the final two buses pull in at Pulaski WB now they can't do that with a new schedule and that's going to clash with the current schedule. Like I was saying CTA is doing more WB pullins than they used to. So they don't think that Logan Square to too east to do a pull out going east? I guess they don't want to pay the extra money to go to Central. So I wonder if EB pullouts will be from Logan? From what your saying all pull ins are from Harlem.

• 2 weeks later...

During morning rush hour Saw the 37 bus after switching garage with a run number 5372,then later during evening rush saw the same run on the 121.Just guessing but maybe the 121 and 120 interline with the 37 during rush hour????

All it means is there's a driver's run that does a 37 in the morning and 121 in the afternoon.

Run numbers, in and of themselves, don't really say much of anything about what interlines with what.

• 4 weeks later...

I Think what would be Interesting: #20 by Kedzie with Chicago, #80 by North Park, #126 by Chicago with Kedzie, and #35 by 77th with Kedzie

So, except for a matching C/K one, which garages need to have their fleets reduced?

At least none of them aggravate the deadhead problem. Maybe NP should help out on 87. :rolleyes: