7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

The seats always felt as if they were on a incline and I could fall at any moment, especially the ones across from the rear door.

Hmmm I've never really felt an incline from any of the seats in the several times I've gotten to ride these buses. Besides each person's perception and experience is going to be different. What you experience isn't going to be mine necessarily, but that doesn't mean either of us is right or wrong. It's just our individual experience. :)

Got a quick 90-second ride on #8046 this afternoon and asked the Bus Operator if she likes the new buses. Her response.... "No. I don't like them."

The next logical question would've been why? Maybe she doesn't like Novas, or maybe she prefers the older Novas.

I remember several Pace West operators not being fond of the Axxess buses. Sometimes it takes drivers awhile to get accustomed to new equipment. Old equipment at least is familiar.

Early in my driving years I was accustomed to driving MCI coaches and Eagle coaches. The first time I drove a Prevost H Series it was uncomfortable to say the least. But once I got familiar with it, I really didn't want to drive the MCIs anymore. I never liked the Dina coaches and I never really cared for VanHool coaches. If I had to drive an MCI coach, I actually preferred the older models to the newer ones because I was familiar with everything having driven them for so long.

Different buses handle differently. MCI coaches tend to lean when turning. If I were to turn right, the bus would lean left. Other coach models do not do that. Eagle buses tended to grip the road very well and had a very good tight turning radius which was way better than MCIs. The tag axle on Eagles was in front of the drive axle at the rear of the bus. Prevost also had a better turning radius, but in order to get Eagle like turns you had to lift the tag axle to accomplish that. The taller coaches were adventures on windy days.

Although drivers have their individual preferences, there are some things that will make a difference to all drivers. I know drivers will hate any bus with bad suspension. I tended not to like buses with slow accelaration, and because I was trained on buses with no power steering, I preferred buses where I could get a feel for the road, especially in the winter.

Without knowing the driver in question, I would surmise that she either preferred the old Novas or she wasn't a fan of the ride or feel of the new ones

• Upvote 1

Why is it unbelievalbe? Because it is a new bus? Things happen, people get mad, circumstances don't care what bus it is.

If I'm not mistaking, CTA accidents are at its high for the last couple of years and for #8028 to be in a complete mess (just like #7960) and it only been in service for almost 2 months is alarming. I don't know what's the deal with #8027 still OOS though.

Got a quick 90-second ride on #8046 this afternoon and asked the Bus Operator if she likes the new buses. Her response.... "No. I don't like them."

"She dosent like the new buses"???? Is she kidding??? She should just be glad she has a "f....n job" !!! Sorry for the rant everyone! But I cant believe Im reading this!!!

"She dosent like the new buses"???? Is she kidding??? She should just be glad she has a "f....n job" !!! Sorry for the rant everyone! But I cant believe Im reading this!!!

Wasnt there a certain someone who preferred and old Flxible to a new New Flyer a few years back? This comment is made in good spirit, not to be disrespectful.

• Upvote 1

Maybe she would like to work at FG. They don't look like they'll have anything new for a while. :P (at least 6 months)

I know operators that hate those shields that have to be closed now to move the bus. Every bus has some drawbacks.

Wasnt there a certain someone who preferred and old Flxible to a new New Flyer a few years back? This comment is made in good spirit, not to be disrespectful.

I have seen the error of my ways!!! LOL!! :) Seriously, Id never I hated a certain bus. I would have my preferred though. Believe me, I was happy to have the job at the time. Getting to drive the buses I grew up watching as a kid. Just missing the last GMC 5307s, driving the MAN Americanasartics, Flyers. I was like a kid in a candy store!!! LOL! :)

I have seen the error of my ways!!! LOL!! :) Seriously, Id never I hated a certain bus. I would have my preferred though. Believe me, I was happy to have the job at the time. Getting to drive the buses I grew up watching as a kid. MANs, Flyers, I was like a kid in a candy store!!! LOL! :)

Well everyone deserves that opportunity to rethink an opinion. I was listening to an operator on the #9 tell another rider he wasn't too fond of how the lighting in the rear comes together with the updated seating arrangement because it's darker and those seats being so close together makes it harder to see if anybody sitting in those last seats is up to know good. (Yeah my rides on 74th's allotment of 7900s has gotten pretty regular on the #9 in the AM rush :lol: ).

She never said she didn't like her job, she just don't like the new bus that's all. I love my career as a bus operator but I hated those darn optimas. You don't have to like all buses in order to like her job lol.