7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

Nice shots....... except for the last one with #8082. A little blurry that one is..... not a BusHunter quality photo.... tsk tsk.... Well, I'm not going to bring in Vinnie Mac for this one, but I found something to signify the disappointment. You still are on the job.... for now... ;):P:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUSHiijQXJY

Jeez!! Already!!! One thing Ill say about new buses in general. Its not long after once theyre delivered, you see one wrecked!

Now how the heck did you find all that out about 7960? :lol: On CTA5750's point about how quickly new buses get into some kind of accident, if other drivers didn't act like the buses aren't even on the road or can stop as fast as a car we wouldn't have that issue. And before anyone attacks me, that statement takes into account accidents where the bus operator might have been at fault.

Maybe he was eavesdropping on south shop??

It was a cardboard sign indicated it in the windshield. I had to look through the windshield to realize that the left window of the back door was shattered. The panel that cover the headlights in the front give me the clue that the right light was faulty. Otherwise, why would they remove the panel? Sorry for taking quite a while to respond back. I've been working over 80 hours combined last week at both of my jobs.

Funny that 8xxxs are at 74th. Weren't those horrible Flxble propanes in the 8xxx range when the garage was at 69th?

No. At least the old looks were in the 5500s range. There were some 8800 New Looks, but those were pretty nice buses, and obviously the Nova group is not going to reach 8800 in anywhere near the conceivable future.

8000-8149 Flx new NP, by mid-60's many to FG and K, back to NP to die by 1974

8200-8349 Flx new 77th, almost immediately most to A, then some to N, towards end some to F and K, rest back to 7

8400-8498 Flx new P, 7, K, after a few years disappeared from P and 7 to F and K, near end some back to P (including Evanston service) and in last days about a dozen to 69th

Here are some shots of the newer #8000's at 74th.

#8090: post-304-0-73277900-1427256959_thumb.png post-304-0-92031000-1427256987_thumb.png post-304-0-79386300-1427256994_thumb.png

#8080: post-304-0-75839000-1427256979_thumb.png

#8079: post-304-0-17701300-1427256968_thumb.png

You might wonder why #8080 has no destination number sign in the rear. Tonight that bus was displaying "Go Cubs" on it's destination. I guess they don't have a rear destination sign for that program.

• Upvote 4

An aside....since the 8000s are coming in pretty quickly. either the whole order will be done earlier than the projected Spring 2016, or there is going to be a big gap before 8100.

On the "no back reading," obviously it wouldn't be a number, and the only question is whether there is a Go Cubs reading comparable to the tiny garage readings that started to appear with the amber signs. Besides, the front should be "Go Bulls." B)

#8017's back on the #44 and it's clever device seems to be working. Some other buses that were ghosting like #8005 seem to working too. #8041 is still sporadic but it has also been working the last two days.

I guess I was wrong about #8017's Clever Device, it's still ghosting more than it's appearing. I only saw it the whole afternoon twice once earlier and it did appear for a few seconds around 31st/Wallace, but it's practically a ghost bus 95 percent of the time. Here a shot of it.

#8017: post-304-0-68729000-1427340778_thumb.png

Maybe he was eavesdropping on south shop??

Ok Sir, since we are getting formal, :P I was talking generally and not just FG and none of those areas have had a hint of a new nova except #7900. They also still have over 200 buses to rehab on the north side too, most of those haven't even been mechanically rehabbed yet. :huh::P The south side has had the first 200 novas, and all new rehabbed buses. I think between the 3 south side garages they only have about 10 non mechanical rehab buses left. :D Oh and they also have all touch screen device buses except for those 10 buses. Even the #6800's and all other 74th #6400's have them, even buses like #6479. (scratching my head) :huh: So I think my statement stands up to ridicule. :D :D :P

But it can be argued that garages with no 6400s need no brand new Smart buses regardless of if a good number of the 1000s still haven't had rehab work done yet.

It was a cardboard sign indicated it in the windshield. I had to look through the windshield to realize that the left window of the back door was shattered. The panel that cover the headlights in the front give me the clue that the right light was faulty. Otherwise, why would they remove the panel? Sorry for taking quite a while to respond back. I've been working over 80 hours combined last week at both of my jobs.

Oh okay. Thought maybe you cracked out some spy gear you didn't tell us about. :lol:

Don't let them fool you, they'll be at FG tomorrow! :D:P

FG can't even get NFs again for the time being so they sure aren't getting 7900s already delivered and being used by 74th. :lol: