7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

They had one out last week pretty late on the #47. I think it was the day I filmed #8037. But we still have yet to see one on sunday.

But the 47 is one of the 4 AM-12:30 AM (or 1 AM) services. I'm not talking about one of the late night services, I mean owl service under the traditional definition, i.e. one of the 24 hour bus services: #9, #49, #55, #62 or #63. :lol:

How unlucky can you get???

I was getting lunch today and decided to see how long the Ashland bus was from the stop I was at. The time on the shelter display said 11 minutes. I decided to walk rather then wait for two reasons.... 1) I wasn't that far from home 2) Some guy in the shelter who was just in the restaurant I was at was asking for some of my food. I start walking away and hear the sound of Nova air brakes releasing.... I turn around to expect a 1st Gen Nova.... what do I see at the stop I left pulling away??? #8016(obviously a ghost bus as it came about 2 minutes later)!!! Take it away Agent Maxwell Smart....

http://youtu.be/sBlhrTpi69E

My wait still continues..... :mellow:

• Upvote 3

How unlucky can you get???

I was getting lunch today and decided to see how long the Ashland bus was from the stop I was at. The time on the shelter display said 11 minutes. I decided to walk rather then wait for two reasons.... 1) I wasn't that far from home 2) Some guy in the shelter who was just in the restaurant I was at was asking for some of my food. I start walking away and hear the sound of Nova air brakes releasing.... I turn around to expect a 1st Gen Nova.... what do I see at the stop I left pulling away??? #8016(obviously a ghost bus as it came about 2 minutes later)!!! Take it away Agent Maxwell Smart....

http://youtu.be/sBlhrTpi69E

My wait still continues..... :mellow:

Wow my friend. Missed it by that much indeed. You were sooooooo close that time.

I just missed #8040 on #67 and #8047 on #62. Yup reminds me of the you missed it by that much video! :lol:

sw's post reminded that when I was younger, I would have run it down, at least to the next stop. Probably not today, but you have a bike.

• Upvote 1

Only you! :P

We got lucky on #8046. The tracker said that the bus turned around at 33rd and was headed back south. I was like wtf? Along with about a whole busful of riders. I was about to bale on it, when I saw it approaching the orange line, so I went back downstairs. I don't know what happened with #8041, it never left Clark/Belle Plaine and the tracker finally dropped it after about a half hour. Must be that bad Sw4400 karma!! I also had #8030 drive off on me on Ashland this week, so that's two spoofs in a row on that street.

We got lucky on #8046. The tracker said that the bus turned around at 33rd and was headed back south. I was like wtf? Along with about a whole busful of riders. I was about to bale on it, when I saw it approaching the orange line, so I went back downstairs. I don't know what happened with #8041, it never left Clark/Belle Plaine and the tracker finally dropped it after about a half hour. Must be that bad Sw4400 karma!! I also had #8030 drive off on me on Ashland this week, so that's two spoofs in a row on that street.

Is that so??? That's really odd but sw's karma definitely put the icing on the cake (sorry buddy)! :lol:

I did managed to spot #8042 on #59 via bus finder.

Well, after Saturday I won't be riding the #9 to work as I'm getting sent to another store. So if I don't get a #8000 between now and then, it'll be awhile before I get to ride one of these buses for sure.

Don't feel bad! I ride the #88 Higgins bus on occasion to Jeff Pk. We never see or ride one up this way!!! :)

#8050 #8051 #8073 #8074 #8075 #8078 #8081 and #8090 have arrived. #7994 and #8017 are OOS.

What!? These are new freakin' buses, what possible reason could they have outside of an accident (which would've been on the news 9 times out of 10) for them being OOS. That's 3 novas, and then 2-4 more who we're still in the dark about their particular situation. Next thing you know, 77th and 74th are going to start getting a batch of fresh 6400s that actually might work better then their replacements. :blink::angry:

#8037 on 62

#8040 on 62

#8042 on 55N

#8046 on 49

What!? These are new freakin' buses, what possible reason could they have outside of an accident (which would've been on the news 9 times out of 10) for them being OOS. That's 3 novas, and then 2-4 more who we're still in the dark about their particular situation. Next thing you know, 77th and 74th are going to start getting a batch of fresh 6400s that actually might work better then their replacements. :blink::angry:

#8037 on 62

#8040 on 62

#8042 on 55N

#8046 on 49

Calm down man. Buses, even new ones, do go OOS on occasion for heavier maintenance not typically done at its home garage or for some other reason not necessarily to do with any accident. And given that 8017 is indeed new, it could be they simply found a bug that needed to be worked out. The 7900 series is barely a year old as a series, and as such this period of those buses' service life can still be looked upon as the teething stage.

• Upvote 1

Calm down man. Buses, even new ones, do go OOS on occasion for heavier maintenance not typically done at its home garage or for some other reason not necessarily to do with any accident. And given that 8017 is indeed new, it could be they simply found a bug that needed to be worked out. The 7900 series is barely a year old as a series, and as such this period of those buses' service life can still be looked upon as the teething stage.

Hopefully they'll work on #8017's clever device cause it doesn't work 95 percent of the time. Then we have #8013, which we can ask where is it?

Hopefully they'll work on #8017's clever device cause it doesn't work 95 percent of the time. Then we have #8013, which we can ask where is it?

As one would point out, that's solely and internal issue (either CTA or if Clever Devices has staff at South Shops) and can't be pinned on Novabus.

I'm somewhat surprised that nobody is reporting inoperable Ventra readers.

I just missed 8001 going ST on Ashland at Madison. Now I'm on 6861. This is the second time I missed 8001 today. I missed it around 10:15 this morning NBA Ashland at 35th

Actually the first new Nova I missed wasn't 8001. It was 8031. I took pictures of 8001 at the Orange Line. I was on a NBA bus and 8001 was heading SB around 10:30

The air on 6861 would be great if the bus was empty. However it's packed so it's a little warm though I can feel the air blowing. It is a little cool.