Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

If I'm not mistaken,  6714 originally debuted at C.

I'm sorry it was #6814 and this was in 2014. I looked it up on my facebook. The miles were 483k. I took a picture of it on my facebook. It's on this site too. You can find it with some creative surfing. 

Screenshot_20200826-112101_Samsung Internet.jpg

5 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I'm sorry it was #6814 and this was in 2014. I looked it up on my facebook. The miles were 483k. I took a picture of it on my facebook. It's on this site too. You can find it with some creative surfing. 

Screenshot_20200826-112101_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nice I wanna see what the miles on it like now 6 years later

With the fall pick beginning on the 6th of September I'm really interested to see how things will be fleet wise because the part timers got hosed with this upcoming pick due to school runs being thrown out the window. It's about to be tripper city for most of us I would think after what I saw today. I was fortunate enough to pick something I wanted because there was virtually 17 slots left for my group of 20 out of 88 in total and the last 12-15 after my group would get placed on the extra board which sucks for them because everyone is trying there best to avoid 79th at all costs. It's sad that its come to this point.

14 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

With the fall pick beginning on the 6th of September I'm really interested to see how things will be fleet wise because the part timers got hosed with this upcoming pick due to school runs being thrown out the window. It's about to be tripper city for most of us I would think after what I saw today. I was fortunate enough to pick something I wanted because there was virtually 17 slots left for my group of 20 out of 88 in total and the last 12-15 after my group would get placed on the extra board which sucks for them because everyone is trying there best to avoid 79th at all costs. It's sad that its come to this point.

What are the good runs out of 77th? Stuff like the 31, 43 & 51? And I'm guessing 3, 4, 8 & 79 are some of the less desirable ones?

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

What are the good runs out of 77th? Stuff like the 31, 43 & 51? And I'm guessing 3, 4, 8 & 79 are some of the less desirable ones?

1,2,3,8,31,43,51,52A,53A and 87. Halsted is sweet no matter what time of day it is along with king drive. 79th and Cottage grove are really the main two routes that have the most problems. 

17 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

1,2,3,8,31,43,51,52A,53A and 87. Halsted is sweet no matter what time of day it is along with king drive. 79th and Cottage grove are really the main two routes that have the most problems. 

Would’ve thought king drive would be as bad as garbage grove ?

45 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Would’ve thought king drive would be as bad as garbage grove ?

King drive was simple for me during this summer pick especially during rush hour, I would get a few bad apples every other week but it wasn't to bad. Getting out of the NW terminal is my only issue because everyone doesn't want to respect operators coming out of there trying to head back south. I've had numerous close calls with drivers speeding up to avoid waiting on me to make my turn out of there. 

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

King drive was simple for me during this summer pick especially during rush hour, I would get a few bad apples every other week but it wasn't to bad. Getting out of the NW terminal is my only issue because everyone doesn't want to respect operators coming out of there trying to head back south. I've had numerous close calls with drivers speeding up to avoid waiting on me to make my turn out of there. 

I ride the 4 from 58th to the Loop a few time a year.   Every single ride, there is always someone that boards with an expired Ventra card & argues like crazy that it's good. 

But the 151 between the Sheridan L Station & Foster, is also truly weird.  Many of the people that get on, have no idea of how to ride a bus & can't figure out using the card reader & even how to sit down.  

But the best thing I ever saw was about 25 years ago, on a TMC bus, in that area.  The driver stopped for a man, lowered the stairlift & the man pushed a stolen Jewel shopping cart on, the driver raised the lift & he rode about a mile & got off, in the reverse manner. 

I called up the CTA to complain & the woman who answered was flabbergasted at that happening!

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, strictures said:

I ride the 4 from 58th to the Loop a few time a year.   Every single ride, there is always someone that boards with an expired Ventra card & argues like crazy that it's good. 

But the 151 between the Sheridan L Station & Foster, is also truly weird.  Many of the people that get on, have no idea of how to ride a bus & can't figure out using the card reader & even how to sit down.  

But the best thing I ever saw was about 25 years ago, on a TMC bus, in that area.  The driver stopped for a man, lowered the stairlift & the man pushed a stolen Jewel shopping cart on, the driver raised the lift & he rode about a mile & got off, in the reverse manner. 

I called up the CTA to complain & the woman who answered was flabbergasted at that happening!

That is pretty wild, Sadly I had to do the same thing a few months back right before the riots started when a man brought a stolen Laundromat cart on the bus during my overnight shift on 79th, He didn't want to get caught in the rain so we went back and fourth for a few minutes until I let him ride, I was frustrated and shocked that he would go out of his way to do that but what was even worse is he tried selling whatever goods he had in the cart to customers. He got off at ashland and still got caught in the rain but was happy to have that cart with him, just happy as a clam I tell ya.I haven't had an experience like that ever while operating up to that point other than when i've rode as a passenger during my high school days.Riding down Ashland and mostly 55th I saw some odd things happen.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Man bro honestly I just be bullying my way into traffic like I'm a big bus you gone think twice about hitting me 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

A passenger filed a conplaint on me last night while I was doing the 52 cuz I had let a guy get on the bus with a target shopping cart I had let down the ramp & every thing I had seen him pulling up & was like whatever floats your boat he had gor on at kedzie & Harrison & road to the end of the line which is Chicago & kedize now

11 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

A passenger filed a conplaint on me last night while I was doing the 52 cuz I had let a guy get on the bus with a target shopping cart I had let down the ramp & every thing I had seen him pulling up & was like whatever floats your boat he had gor on at kedzie & Harrison & road to the end of the line which is Chicago & kedize now

Now see that's a little bit extreme, I don't even see how that he could even fit that onboard without creating a hazard for customers.In my case the cart was fairly small but sill noticeable but I only had three customers on board after he got on and they were all on my side about not letting him on because they even knew it what he was requesting was complete ludicrous. If it was a target shopping cart i'm not even going to entertain that customer attempting to bring it on and just tell them that it poses a safety risk and he can only board without it, if he refuses i'm pulling off after I send control a message about a customer disturbance because in my defense if they were to call in on me i'd have all the evidence in the world ready to have that charge immediately dropped.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Now see that's a little bit extreme, I don't even see how that he could even fit that onboard without creating a hazard for customers.In my case the cart was fairly small but sill noticeable but I only had three customers on board after he got on and they were all on my side about not letting him on because they even knew it what he was requesting was complete ludicrous. If it was a target shopping cart i'm not even going to entertain that customer attempting to bring it on and just tell them that it poses a safety risk and he can only board without it, if he refuses i'm pulling off after I send control a message about a customer disturbance because in my defense if they were to call in on me i'd have all the evidence in the world ready to have that charge immediately dropped.

He let up the handicap seat so he was out of the way of other passengers I picked up & I'm on my way back to work now I got the 12 like I had this morning lets see what kind of funny things happens today 

Interesting things happened on my bus today while I was working the 12 I was at homan & Roosevelt a couple get on they was arguing & in like bruh anyways the guy kept calling the lady out of her name when somebody granny said young man stop degrading her he told her shut up bitch & said that this is my bitch & slapped her boy it then was on she slapped him back & the other passengers on the bus males & females jumped up out of their seats & beat the brakes of the young fool jumpout boyz seen wws was going on as they pulled aside my bus & I yelled for the passengers that beat the guy to gone get off the bus & run for it 12 was coming but he was all bloody & head looked like a pumpkin then it all was said & done 

That must have been an interesting ride. Sometimes I do charters where you pick people up at the bar. College kids and weddings and special events. They are allowed to drink on the bus which shocks me. Cause I think you can get pulled over if you do that in a car. Had a group one day hooting and hollering yelling at people outside the bus. Yelling at me to run people over cause they cut me off. I just joke back with them that if I did that there would be no me behind the wheel of this bus. You have to just tune them out and look at it for what it is a bunch of celebratory guys and gals who may have just celebrated too much. Better that they thought to use me as the designated driver than hit the roads themself. The bad side can be a heavy littering of the bus. There have been college parties that you would swear they thought they were still in the bar. Makes for interesting stories though. 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

That must have been an interesting ride. Sometimes I do charters where you pick people up at the bar. College kids and weddings and special events. They are allowed to drink on the bus which shocks me. Cause I think you can get pulled over if you do that in a car. Had a group one day hooting and hollering yelling at people outside the bus. Yelling at me to run people over cause they cut me off. I just joke back with them that if I did that there would be no me behind the wheel of this bus. You have to just tune them out and look at it for what it is a bunch of celebratory guys and gals who may have just celebrated too much. Better that they thought to use me as the designated driver than hit the roads themself. The bad side can be a heavy littering of the bus. There have been college parties that you would swear they thought they were still in the bar. Makes for interesting stories though. 

I have done my share of pub crawls. They are usually good tippers.  I laid down the laws at the beginning of the charter.

1.  No opening of windows or roof hatches.

3.  Do not sit drinks on the seats.

3. Use the trash bags provided throughout the coach.

4.  If anyone THINKS OR FEELS like vomiting,  DO NOT HESITATE and use the lavatory.   This charter will end if anyone vomits anywhere in the coach other than the lavatory.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I have done my share of pub crawls. They are usually good tippers.  I laid down the laws at the beginning of the charter.

1.  No opening of windows or roof hatches.

3.  Do not sit drinks on the seats.

3. Use the trash bags provided throughout the coach.

4.  If anyone THINKS OR FEELS like vomiting,  DO NOT HESITATE and use the lavatory.   This charter will end if anyone vomits anywhere in the coach other than the lavatory.

And definitely no urinating on the bus!! Our customers sign contracts that if there are bodily fluids on the bus, they charge them 500 bucks or the cleaning fee at a shop. Whichever is greater. Seems to work. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2020 at 5:42 PM, Shannoncvpi said:

Caught 6163 on the streets a few mins ago & u turned parked & got pics & video of her she still runs beautiful got 500k miles dam alot of new flyers got more then that but she was assinged to FG her entire life even went aboard to get video after asking the driver could I come on 

Excellent video!!! Glad you go to see her!  :)