More Bus Moves

sw4400

3 hours ago, garmon757 said:

#6695 was spotted while operating #2 or #6 (blank destination sign). What the hell was that about???

It's called return to 2001 day!! :P (or the revenge of FG) Actually it was probably at South Shops getting fixed and got pushed into service at 77th cause it's there and they must have been short. Maybe someone likes to take out the old equipment for a spin out south and they were obliged. I did see #6633 one day at Roosevelt and State back towards the tail end of the rehabs. I remember wondering why it was there.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

It's called return to 2001 day!! :P (or the revenge of FG) Actually it was probably at South Shops getting fixed and got pushed into service at 77th cause it's there and they must have been short. Maybe someone likes to take out the old equipment for a spin out south and they were obliged. I did see #6633 one day at Roosevelt and State back towards the tail end of the rehabs. I remember wondering why it was there.

Ha! 2001 Day! Better start rehabbing then! :P xD

Can somebody tell me why did I see 6695 yesterday going southbound on 47th and lake park?? I was workin the 28 at the time so of course I did a double take lol. Im assuming it was a 2 even though it was a 7900 right in front of 6695 which was also a 2. If 6695 was a 6 or 28 that would be a sight to see. The winter pick is upon us so that's probably a hint of some bus swaps guys lol.

30 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Can somebody tell me why did I see 6695 yesterday going southbound on 47th and lake park??

See above. Since you work out of 103, at least you confirmed (by implication) it was on 2, and thus probably out of South Shops.

Anyone take a ride on #1046 recently? It's got a very odd bench seat in the front near the right wheelwell(about the distance away from the wheelwell as #1930-2029 are). It a darker tint of blue with a small blue armrest closest to the wheelwell. Thoughts???

• Prototype bench seating
  • Some spare bench CTA happened to have laying around that they used(though it's brand spanking new and I've never seen it on CTA buses before)

Sorry I couldn't get any picture, but there was a passenger near enough, I was too alarmed he'd start yelling to the driver I'm taking a photo in his bus.

On 12/11/2015 at 6:29 PM, sw4400 said:

Anyone take a ride on #1046 recently? It's got a very odd bench seat in the front near the right wheelwell(about the distance away from the wheelwell as #1930-2029 are). It a darker tint of blue with a small blue armrest closest to the wheelwell. Thoughts???

• Prototype bench seating
  • Some spare bench CTA happened to have laying around that they used(though it's brand spanking new and I've never seen it on CTA buses before)

Sorry I couldn't get any picture, but there was a passenger near enough, I was too alarmed he'd start yelling to the driver I'm taking a photo in his bus.

I noticed that when the bus was at 74th and I rode it on the #9. I don't remember the reasons behind that arrangement though. I think someone said experimental arrangement kind of like the arrangement inside 6618 was an experiment for the 6400s when CTA first got those.

2 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Well guys the winter pick start this Sunday on the 20th and so far I haven't seen any signs of Bus swaps, have anybody seen any unusual Bus sightings?? lol

We might have to wait until Friday or Saturday to see what changes if anything. That has tended to be when we see buses get reassigned at pick changes.

11 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Yea That would be cool lol, But I personally think there won't be any swaps cause we would've seen some by now. But hey it could still happen.

Do any drivers get called in for overtime to drive a bus the length of the city for a swap? Would they have by now?

Well CTA85 is looking for evidence of swaps too early. When there have been swaps for pick changes, they've mostly been done that immediate Friday and Saturday before the pick went into effect. So as sw and I both mentioned, we should see what swaps will happen if any are to happen

1 hour ago, Dawnlight said:

How long did it take for the swap of FG's NFs in exchange for 77th's old 6400's back in 2014?

A couple weeks. I remember back when they did the #6000 swap for #5300's, they did the whole swap over the weekend. That was around 100 buses. I don't expect FG to get too much if anything. Most of the changes will be with 74th. They might get a few more buses, maybe 10-20, probably from 77th as they have extra #1000's.

BTW, I checked when exactly FG lost the #1000's to 77th, it was for spring pick in 2014. Seems like it has been longer than that.

3 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I remember back when they did the #6000 swap for #5300's, they did the whole swap over the weekend.

That was in connection with closing of Archer and the forced retirement of the buses, but I don't see that impetus this weekend. However, that is essentially why I asked Mr.cta85 if anyone was offered overtime.

14 minutes ago, Busjack said:

That was in connection with closing of Archer and the forced retirement of the buses, but I don't see that impetus this weekend. However, that is essentially why I asked Mr.cta85 if anyone was offered overtime.

Nope, Archer was closed 2/7/10 and FG already had the #6000's. You are right that was the retirement day for the #6000's. The actual #5300's for #6000's occurred because of the preheaters that the residents were complaining about and was during the #4400 rehab, Maybe i can look up the date.

Alright I looked it up, the #6000's for #5300's swap was for the winter pick in 2001.

38 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Alright I looked it up, the #6000's for #5300's swap was for the winter pick in 2001.

Somehow I missed "5300s."

But again you indicated an impetus that doesn't seem to be present today. My understanding was that to placate the neighbors, CTA had to get the buses out of there by a certain date, and did.

2 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Somehow I missed "5300s."

But again you indicated an impetus that doesn't seem to be present today. My understanding was that to placate the neighbors, CTA had to get the buses out of there by a certain date, and did.

Yeah, they even took all the rehab #4400's they could get and sent them to NP and FG and places like 74th got the unrehabbed ones. 

18 hours ago, garmon757 said:

I don't recall anybody mentioning an artic on #93 but hell, #4165 is operating that route. #4204 is on #35 (is it really that necessary for a school trip???).

This is a trip from Evanston Twp HS. Comes south to Foster then goes east to LSD and goes downtown to 136 or 135.

• Upvote 2