More Bus Moves

sw4400

On January 10, 2016 at 1:03 AM, BusHunter said:

...That's got me thinking, I wonder if there is a cat ad that says check your ***** for a women. Technically that's not a dirty word if used in the context of a cat. In fact many europeans call a cat one of these.

I'll omit the word as you can imagine what it is and keep this a family program. Somehow I don't see a cat ad being approved though, but this was approved so you never know!! o.O9_9:P

Personally I prefer calling cats "Nyans".

I believe Rockstar had a fit and sued when the CTA removed bus and shelter ads for a Grand Theft Auto game. That may be why the ad rules are relaxed and this ad got approved.

11 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Mills Lane, the referee of the Tyson/Holyfield fight where his ear was bitten. He was a judge on TV for awhile(I don't think he still is now, though). That was his little say at the start of some cases.

Forgot about him.

It seems a little quiet on here, so while buzzing around YouTube, I found this EAS Video someone created about an attack on the Blue Line. I don't think it was meant to be on this line, as they mention the situation occurring between Adams and Madison(I don't know if the Dearborn Subway runs between these streets, maybe the creator meant to use one of the Loop Elevated Lines for this or thought the Blue Line was ran on the Loop Elevated Line). I'll leave it up to you on the forum....

8 hours ago, sw4400 said:

It seems a little quiet on here, so while buzzing around YouTube, I found this EAS Video someone created about an attack on the Blue Line.

The only thing this proves that if someone thinks this kind of simulation is funny, at least be accurate.

However,given the comments on the YouTube page, this is a Hoax.

10 hours ago, sw4400 said:

It seems a little quiet on here, so while buzzing around YouTube, I found this EAS Video someone created about an attack on the Blue Line. I don't think it was meant to be on this line, as they mention the situation occurring between Adams and Madison(I don't know if the Dearborn Subway runs between these streets, maybe the creator meant to use one of the Loop Elevated Lines for this or thought the Blue Line was ran on the Loop Elevated Line). I'll leave it up to you on the forum....

They also say it 's on the west side of Chicago, but then describe it as being east of I-94. I'd say they meant the the loop L, or perhaps the inaccuracy is intentional in case somebody wants to take this too seriously.

8 hours ago, Busjack said:

The only thing this proves that if someone thinks this kind of simulation is funny, at least be accurate.

However,given the comments on the YouTube page, this is a Hoax.

That's all it is... a customized video of an EAS Bulletin(there's tons of them up ranging from mock Weather Warnings all the way to Zombie Attacks, even one made after War Of The Worlds... if I can find the right place to link it to, maybe I'll post it for you to view).

7 hours ago, Pace831 said:

They also say it 's on the west side of Chicago, but then describe it as being east of I-94. I'd say they meant the the loop L, or perhaps the inaccuracy is intentional in case somebody wants to take this too seriously.

That's what I was thinking too. But one has to wonder if a Sulfuric Acid attack would prompt such a warning. I've never in my life ever seen an EAS Shelter-In-Place Alert or anything EAS-related outside of Tornado Warnings.

On 1/18/2016 at 11:52 PM, sw4400 said:

Dearborn Street intersects Adams and Madison, so it would be perfectly acceptable to describe the Blue Line as being "between Adams and Madison." Not necessarily those stops (they don't exist on the blue line) but definitely the streets above the subway.

8 hours ago, briman94 said:

Dearborn Street intersects Adams and Madison, so it would be perfectly acceptable to describe the Blue Line as being "between Adams and Madison." Not necessarily those stops (they don't exist on the blue line) but definitely the streets above the subway.

That and also some of the actual exits on the Blue Line for the "infinite platform" stations are on different streets. An example would be when the CTA closed the Randolph/Washington exit and instructed passengers to use the Madison/Washington exit because the former flooded.

So I'm looking at my blue line train today from Addison/blue (which they have now marked up in orange construction paint on the platform) and I see my train is coming sb, cause I see the headlights, so I head downstairs to discover what happened to the train, it disappeared. Then I look again, the reverse lights turned on on the train at Irving Pk and I'm like wth??? It's going back to O'Hare???, so after a few minutes it came south, but had a few trains behind it. They didn't send it express at Logan, so i got off and took the follower.

Then they got this huge construction crane on California/Milwaukee like you would see downtown. This crane is like 7 or 8 stories tall. I'm like what does the guy do when he has to go to the bathroom?? So curious to see why we have a huge crane over here I discover they want to build a 7 story apartment building over here. Actually Milwaukee has several new projects on the horizon.

http://chicago.curbed.com/archives/2014/10/28/mapping-milwaukee-avenues-development-boom.php

Damn if this keeps up they may have to put artics on Milwaukee!!

I just got on the blue line at Rosemont. The O'Hare-bound train that arrived while I was waiting stopped and stood at the station until after my FP-bound train left. Neither of the trains had brake lights (yellow ones by the doors) but they had HVAC so they obviously had third rail power. Why would both trains have no brake lights? Just a coincidental electrical problem or some other reason?

13 hours ago, BusHunter said:

So I'm looking at my blue line train today from Addison/blue (which they have now marked up in orange construction paint on the platform) and I see my train is coming sb, cause I see the headlights, so I head downstairs to discover what happened to the train, it disappeared. Then I look again, the reverse lights turned on on the train at Irving Pk and I'm like wth??? It's going back to O'Hare???, so after a few minutes it came south, but had a few trains behind it. They didn't send it express at Logan, so i got off and took the follower.

Then they got this huge construction crane on California/Milwaukee like you would see downtown. This crane is like 7 or 8 stories tall. I'm like what does the guy do when he has to go to the bathroom?? So curious to see why we have a huge crane over here I discover they want to build a 7 story apartment building over here. Actually Milwaukee has several new projects on the horizon.

http://chicago.curbed.com/archives/2014/10/28/mapping-milwaukee-avenues-development-boom.php

Damn if this keeps up they may have to put artics on Milwaukee!!

That's assuming a significant number of potential residents from those completed apartment buildings choose to ride the #56 over the Blue Line, it a significant number even ride public transit at all. We do live in a city after all where some take on elitist attitudes about having a car over riding the bus or train. And if they do use transit, they still wouldn't be bound to either the #56 or Blue Line as a first choice. They could just as easily hop on one of the multitude of bus routes that criss-cross Milwaukee. xD:P

18 minutes ago, jajuan said:

That's assuming a significant number of potential residents from those completed apartment buildings choose to ride the #56 over the Blue Line, it a significant number even ride public transit at all. We do live in a city after all where some take on elitist attitudes about having a car over riding the bus or train. And if they do use transit, they still wouldn't be bound to either the #56 or Blue Line as a first choice. They could just as easily hop on one of the multitude of bus routes that criss-cross Milwaukee. xD:P

A lot of this has to do with whether it is zoned as transit oriented development, in which case thee developer is not required to provide sufficient parking. But if it is a TOD near a train station, there isn't going to be an articulated bus, either.

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

The Logan to Grand crowd rides the train more frequently than the outlying commuter, so I'd say they would be game to ride the "L", but some buildings are going to be in between stops, so that means they might ride Milwaukee. These are transit oriented projects, but I wonder if that may be too fancy for the hipsters over there. These seem geared towards a white collar Lincoin Pk type crowd unless the plan is to expand the Lincoln Pk crowd more west and move the hipsters more west. Then too lots of hipsters ride bikes, so they have that to compete with. But I think we may have a nightmare in the making on the traffic front. Gas prices keep falling, it's 1.79 by me. 1.30-1.40 I think around O'Hare - Dupage County, so we may have lots of traffic to contend with this summer. They claim the auto industry is having record sales. Maybe they can finally move those gas guzzling beasts off the lots. I haven't seen the really big SUVs/trucks lately, but there coming back. Iraq signed an embargo with the US, so gas prices are going to fall more. We may actually see 99 cents. I haven't seen that since Clinton was in office.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

The Logan to Grand crowd rides the train more frequently than the outlying commuter, so I'd say they would be game to ride the "L", but some buildings are going to be in between stops, so that means they might ride Milwaukee. These are transit oriented projects, but I wonder if that may be too fancy for the hipsters over there. These seem geared towards a white collar Lincoin Pk type crowd unless the plan is to expand the Lincoln Pk crowd more west and move the hipsters more west. Then too lots of hipsters ride bikes, so they have that to compete with. But I think we may have a nightmare in the making on the traffic front. Gas prices keep falling, it's 1.79 by me. 1.30-1.40 I think around O'Hare - Dupage County, so we may have lots of traffic to contend with this summer. They claim the auto industry is having record sales. Maybe they can finally move those gas guzzling beasts off the lots. I haven't seen the really big SUVs/trucks lately, but there coming back. Iraq signed an embargo with the US, so gas prices are going to fall more. We may actually see 99 cents. I haven't seen that since Clinton was in office.

If we see 99 cents again, that's going to spook the economic talking heads into more fearful talks that we're going into another recession. Wall Street has already been jittery about that. They already saying back when gas prices were still $3 plus a gallon that cracking $2 was recession territory. Though now they're trying to keep folks calm, especially those with 401k's, by saying we're in a correction phase.

I guess the fears stem from concerns of how hard a hit the oil-based energy companies take a hit from these lowered prices, though it is definitely true the current prices are good for consumers and the TAs that use diesel buses in their fleets like CTA and Pace.