More Bus Moves

sw4400

12 hours ago, Dawnlight said:

Has anyone got any pics of 1000-1014 with a lovely "F" sticker on the front window? :P

They only just got reassigned a few days ago. It's doubtful anyone would see any of them with the "C" stickers changed to "F" ones yet.

Looking at the rosters, I hate to say this but 15 buses at 74th could very well be the #1000's they have and Chicago still has #1000's too and alot of the other garages have some here and there. It might be FG will have the #1000's and 103rd the #1100's and some of the #1200's.

As far as complaining, the #6400's are going bye bye, so CTA has to send FG something, but still it sends them the oldest buses. It will be a real shocker if they get something new, because all they've had for 2 1/2 years were something old.

They still had SB #49 and #X49 buses detoured an extra day up until early this morning because of the project. That detour was Roscoe, Damen and Diversey back to Western. One other bridge that needs some serious attention is the crappy bridge just south of there that carries Western over the North Branch of the Chicago River. It has so many craters and potholes in the street asphalt that I often wonder what's keeping that bridge standing and from falling into the river whenever I ride in a car or bus over that bridge. I can honestly say that's one bridge that makes me nervous especially with the high volume of truck traffic that Western has even compared to Ashland. 

On 3/7/2016 at 11:04 AM, Dawnlight said:

The oldest and the newest buses! How ironic! :P

23 hours ago, Dawnlight said:

Has anyone got any pics of 1000-1014 with a lovely "F" sticker on the front window? :P

Well, if you look at Chicago garage's assignments, it had a bunch of low-numbered New Flyer buses and the 8100s, so it certainly had both the old and the newest vehicles. I am surprised that the Authority did not merely send Forest Glen the low-numbered New Flyers from Chicago, rather than those had had been sent down to 103rd St months earlier. The buses from the other garage still have that garage's sticker in the front window. (I have a photo in which you can see the interior impression of an "03" bus' sticker in the front windshield.) At the very least, FG should have got 1088-1090. ;S

12 hours ago, jajuan said:

They still had SB #49 and #X49 buses detoured an extra day up until early this morning because of the project. That detour was Roscoe, Damen and Diversey back to Western. One other bridge that needs some serious attention is the crappy bridge just south of there that carries Western over the North Branch of the Chicago River. It has so many craters and potholes in the street asphalt that I often wonder what's keeping that bridge standing and from falling into the river whenever I ride in a car or bus over that bridge. I can honestly say that's one bridge that makes me nervous especially with the high volume of truck traffic that Western has even compared to Ashland. 

It's getting replaced too as part of the project. I saw #49's going down Addison and the Lane kids were waiting on the corner. i was wondering what happened to the stop closure signs.

On 3/8/2016 at 0:51 AM, BusHunter said:

Looks like you guys got all of Chicago's #1100's. This morning on math22's tracker reveals. #1121 on 30, #1162 on #34, #1199 on #172, #1215 on #29 and the rest of the #1100's at Chicago were not in service.

This afternoon #1198 was on the #30.

Wasn't 1162 a 74th bus? 

On 3/8/2016 at 10:22 AM, BusHunter said:

Looking at the rosters, I hate to say this but 15 buses at 74th could very well be the #1000's they have and Chicago still has #1000's too and alot of the other garages have some here and there. It might be FG will have the #1000's and 103rd the #1100's and some of the #1200's.

As far as complaining, the #6400's are going bye bye, so CTA has to send FG something, but still it sends them the oldest buses. It will be a real shocker if they get something new, because all they've had for 2 1/2 years were something old.

But it's still something. And it's not like those buses git sent to FG unrehabbed. FG could still be sitting with 100% 6400s on its roster.

15 hours ago, pudgym29 said:

Well, if you look at Chicago garage's assignments, it had a bunch of low-numbered New Flyer buses and the 8100s, so it certainly had both the old and the newest vehicles. I am surprised that the Authority did not merely send Forest Glen the low-numbered New Flyers from Chicago, rather than those had had been sent down to 103rd St months earlier. The buses from the other garage still have that garage's sticker in the front window. (I have a photo in which you can see the interior impression of an "03" bus' sticker in the front windshield.) At the very least, FG should have got 1088-1090. ;S

I think 1088-90 are at Kedzie if I'm not mistaken. I remember Kedzie ended up with some upper 10xx buses after the big NF swapocalypse.

12 hours ago, BusHunter said:

It's getting replaced too as part of the project. I saw #49's going down Addison and the Lane kids were waiting on the corner. i was wondering what happened to the stop closure signs.

OK. I could have sworn I saw that one mentioned in the DNAinfo article. I thought I might have remembered wrong after hearing of the express bridge over Belmont getting demolished this past weekend.

I wonder if another swaps coming this weekend? #8187- #8195's getting ripe down there at south shops!!

These swaps could have something to do with the cubs opening day too, that's like a month off. A few weeks of swaps and FG could have reasonably 50-60 #1000's.

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I wonder if another swaps coming this weekend? #8187- #8195's getting ripe down there at south shops!!

These swaps could have something to do with the cubs opening day too, that's like a month off. A few weeks of swaps and FG could have reasonably 50-60 #1000's.

Make it at least 125.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

RedEye has the answer, which is yes. Also, the cops knew for whom they were looking.

This guy wasn't too bright, he carries an illegal device on a train and uses it in the open? If he was smart it would be in a bag concealed. It would have still worked. No one would know who is jamming. I'm surprised with his background he's not in a car. It would have been funny to see all these riders with wth looks on their faces, everyone is really dependant on cell phones. I sometimes observe people on their cell phones, one day I counted 30 people at the same time on a cell phone in the same rail car. I think if something happened that required their immediate attention they would still be on the phone. It really is an epidemic.

• Upvote 1