More Bus Moves

sw4400

16 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Also with the other garages, they started by giving them low NF buses like 74th did that and they eventually got the higher ones. Whose to say Fg won't get 30-50 low NF's, 30-50 mid's, 30-50 upper. Although the thinking might be to give them the older buses because they are getting the newest #8200's.

I figure that unless C needs 350 buses (and it doesn't), they are going to start moving out of there soon.

Here's another rumor for you guys That I heard just today lol but I heard 74th might be all new novas, meaning they're suppose to be getting the last 125 and kicking their flyers out the door. But hey who knows right? All I know is this current bus moves that's going on right now has me at the edge of my seat cause now I'm really curious as to where the new novas will land, the flyers FG got, as well as 103rd getting more 1100's lol. 

That explains my seeing 1014 on #92 a few minutes ago. And don't count them out for newer Novas yet. There are still about 260 6400s to be replaced and 8200-8324 only account for 125. So New Flyers were going to be part of the mix in some form anyway most likely. 

11 minutes ago, Dawnlight said:

I'm just glad the Novapocalypse is finally over at Forest Glen. 2 years of only having old buses was such an embarrassment to the NW side of Chicago. 

Well it's not really over yet as FG still has the oldest buses. After the 260 #6400's #1000 is the next oldest bus. It's just the changing of an era. The #1000's they received are over 10 years old themselves, but it just shows how depressed the NW side was being happy about 10 year old buses. Hopefully the #8200's can shatter that record to pieces!! :) That will be the real shocker!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BusHunter said:

Well it's not really over yet as FG still has the oldest buses. After the 260 #6400's #1000 is the next oldest bus. It's just the changing of an era. The #1000's they received are over 10 years old themselves, but it just shows how depressed the NW side was being happy about 10 year old buses. Hopefully the #8200's can shatter that record to pieces!! :) That will be the real shocker!!

The oldest and the newest buses! How ironic! :P

1 minute ago, Dawnlight said:

Is there really any reason to justify NP, Kedzie, or 103rd to get the 125 buses more than FG?

No, and history on this board is that the last thing one should believe is "garage rumors."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dawnlight said:

I'm just glad the Novapocalypse is finally over at Forest Glen. 2 years of only having old buses was such an embarrassment to the NW side of Chicago. 

I just said that same thing on the 6400s thread.xD

55 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

But don't forget, 10 year old buses that CTA just recently got done spending several hundred million dollars to rebuild. Let's not make it sound like those millions went for nothing.9_9

• Upvote 3

On 7/19/2015 at 8:50 AM, Busjack said:
5 hours ago, jajuan said:

I just said that same thing on the 6400s thread.xD

But don't forget, 10 year old buses that CTA just recently got done spending several hundred million dollars to rebuild. Let's not make it sound like those millions went for nothing.9_9

If you slap makeup and a wig, with a tummy tuck and put it on a grandma,  she is still a grandma. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Lake Cook Road, also Willow Road looked like that for a long time. I suppose that the concrete is eventually pulverized and reused.

Now they need 1,000 dump trucks to show up. Now i know why these projects cost millions and millions!! :P I wonder can they make money on the rock, once pulverized? That may be the dump company's perk though.

1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Today I saw 1194, 1195, snd 1231 all on 103rd routes.

Looks like you guys got all of Chicago's #1100's. This morning on math22's tracker reveals. #1121 on 30, #1162 on #34, #1199 on #172, #1215 on #29 and the rest of the #1100's at Chicago were not in service.

This afternoon #1198 was on the #30.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Here's what's left of Belmont Western bridge....

56de631eaace9_westernrockquarrysouth3-7-

56de632278846_westernrockquarry3-7-16.th

56de63274e1f3_westernrockquarrynorth3-7-

Looks like a rock quarry. Kind of reminds me what 911 looked like, but on a much smaller scale.

Bridge went boom-boom! Now they just move all that rubble and then start construction on the street along Western.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Looks like you guys got all of Chicago's #1100's. This morning on math22's tracker reveals. #1121 on 30, #1162 on #34, #1199 on #172, #1215 on #29 and the rest of the #1100's at Chicago were not in service.

This afternoon #1198 was on the #30.

Ummm what about #1237 #1245 and #1249????

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, artthouwill said:

If you slap makeup and a wig, with a tummy tuck and put it on a grandma,  she is still a grandma. 

Bad analogy sir. Huge difference between completely rebuilding clogged vehicle engines and other internal changes and cosmetic surgery on a human being. The local media may not always be at its best, but I think they would raking CTA over the coals if that roughly half billion dollars plus spent rebuilding the 1000s went to only making outer cosmetic changes. Let's start getting some perspective here. Folks have been crying that for two years all FG had to work with were the oldest series in the fleet and that they should at least have some NFs too until we find out if 8200 and up will go there. Now that CTA finally makes a small step in that direction, now folks want to cry the buses are ten years old. Well what the blazes? The focus should be why isn't this a larger step in the direction that folks have been crying wasn't being taken for two years especially when C  looks to be getting a full 100 Smart buses when they only had about 45 6400s to replace and those 45 were all replaced a couple months ago. Instead we're playing the never satisfied game when it should be asked how is it C only had 15 NF buses to spare when even after sending 10 to 15 to 74th (other garages sent some buses to 74th for winter pick also) C still should have had more than just 15 to spare for FG. 

• Upvote 2