More Bus Moves

sw4400

44 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Im hopping this isnt that the Novas are going somewhere instead of Fg eith Fg just getting flyers

Aside from it not quite being time for the Either Bunny, I'm still standing on my prediction of 125 NFs and 125 Novas. But the logjam seems broken.

1 hour ago, patman119 said:

1002 on 56, 1003 on 80, 1009 on 92, and 1011 on 77. This could be temporary, but FG does deserve to have New Flyers or new Novas at their garage.

About time FG get to work with some equipment that's at least 5 years newer than the 6400 Series Novas.

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

Aside from it not quite being time for the Either Bunny, I'm still standing on my prediction of 125 NFs and 125 Novas. But the logjam seems broken.

Here's hoping, but this does merit the possibility that 8200-8324 may be going elsewhere..... so to FG, CTA may be saying this.....

Soup Nazi Meme 1.png

3 hours ago, patman119 said:

1002 on 56, 1003 on 80, 1009 on 92, and 1011 on 77. This could be temporary, but FG does deserve to have New Flyers or new Novas at their garage.

And surprise, surprise..... they give FG the oldest New Flyers!!! Why not get back the 1100's and 1200's, or maybe a few numbers higher in the blocks? I know they're rehabbed, but still... it's like they're saying "We're going to give you new buses, but just barely newer than what you have.... the oldest of the new that we have in our stock.

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

Damn I can't believe it, I'm going to have to actually take down my signature!! xD But like someone else says, that might be bad news on the #8200 front. Plus too look where they are coming from, 103rd. I don't know, maybe #7994 wasn't a fluke and 103rd is still getting #8200's. But that really sucks for FG, again they have the oldest buses, as in the oldest #1000's. (Damn I think I just thought up a new signature) So this really throws out all the valid scenarios.

Scenarios as being, if FG is retaining #6800's, why would they get #1000's? It's almost like that is all they'll receive, cause this doesn't jive with one fleet maker per garage. Still it makes no sense unless 103rd gets the #6800's. If Fg still gets the #8200's, then they'll have 3 different models.

Now all I can assume is that these #6400's are really swirling down the toilet and they need a rapid response. #6550 the other day had transmission problems and all destinations were not working. The destinations not working are the real issue to me though. Like half the buses at FG have no destination!! That really sucks when you look at everywhere else that doesn't seem to have any issues with any buses.

Hopefully operators will have some patience with the riders, because up to now they haven't seen LED interior lights, working destinations and all the other perks of later 2000's technology. Hopefully they won't drive off on us, when we are standing at the corner with our jaws wide open!! xD

14 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Im hopping this isnt that the Novas are going somewhere instead of Fg eith Fg just getting flyers

Screenshot_2016-03-05-08-45-04.png

#1005 was also working the Blue line shuttle.

56dbbcf13c1a1_bluelineshuttle3-5-16.thum

#1816 was working the shuttle too, but before everyone gets excited, I checked, it was running out of Np. :(

14 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Western Belmont bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down.

And the first time I went to Riverview, I thought it was so neat that I imagined building one over my front sidewalk. No Riverview now, either.

Blue Line shuttle runs have been split between NP and FG in the past,  haven't they?   I'd assume that 1005 is assigned to The Glen,  just like the other 1000s  & a few 1010s.  Incidentally,   I noticed that 1012 & 1014 are among them;  they came from Chicago Ave.

As of 8:20AM this morning, 1000, 1003, and 1010 on the 80. 1001 on the 90 and 1009 on the 85.

So far, we've seen 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1005, 1009, 1010, 1012, and 1014 sent to FG.

This is like a slap on the face for this garage. BusHunter, your signature is hilarious! But unfortunately, very true.

5 minutes ago, patman119 said:

As of 8:20AM this morning, 1000, 1003, and 1010 on the 80. 1001 on the 90 and 1009 on the 85.

So far, we've seen 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1005, 1009, 1010, 1012, and 1014 sent to FG.

This is like a slap on the face for this garage. BusHunter, your signature is hilarious! But unfortunately, very true.

Is his signature only viewable on PC cause I've been trying to see what it says since it's been mentioned yesterday but don't see anything under his posts

3 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Is his signature only viewable on PC cause I've been trying to see what it says since it's been mentioned yesterday but don't see anything under his posts

You might have signatures turned off. You can turn off signatures in the settings if you don't want to see it. Anyway my signature says

"The time honored tradition lives on!! FG has the oldest buses 2 1/2 years running, unofficially the CTA museum!!"

19 minutes ago, Dawnlight said:

So beginning in May, FG "May" end up having the oldest of the 1000s and the newest of the 7900's.

My hope is not as strong as it once was for 8200-8324 coming to FG..... less than 50% likelihood. With all the oldest New Flyers suddenly popping up at FG, this is probably a sign of what's to come.

Now personally, there's nothing wrong with the New Flyers..... they're good buses.... my point to take away from this is that FG has the oldest buses in the fleet currently(2000-2002 Nova LFS) and looks to replace that with the oldest in the fleet elsewhere(2006 New Flyer D40LF).

1 minute ago, sw4400 said:

My hope is not as strong as it once was for 8200-8324 coming to FG..... less than 50% likelihood.

I haven't touched anything regarding signatures, and don't see the one you made for your posts..... a glitch in chitransit.org system, perhaps?

They will still probably get them. Like Busjack says, the logjam is breaking, there is only so much bloat you can have before you have to purge.

What makes one scratch there head is that they said 102 #6800's would stick around for 2019, as crazy as that sounds. Maybe someone finally discovered, "hey look at all this bloat", and discovered they don't have to do that. It would be nice to get rid of all the #6400's and if they purchased #8325 - #8349 that should be possible.

Just now, BusHunter said:

They will still probably get them. Like Busjack says, the logjam is breaking, there is only so much bloat you can have before you have to purge.

What makes one scratch there head is that they said 102 #6800's would stick around for 2019, as crazy as that sounds. Maybe someone finally discovered, "hey look at all this bloat", and discovered they don't have to do that. It would be nice to get rid of all the #6400's and if they purchased #8325 - #8349 that should be possible.

I think the ship has sailed for 8325-8349. They should've picked up the option for those 25 buses when they picked up the option for 8200-8324. CTA must've decided that 425 Novas is enough, as opposed to 450.

4 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

I think the ship has sailed for 8325-8349. They should've picked up the option for those 25 buses when they picked up the option for 8200-8324. CTA must've decided that 425 Novas is enough, as opposed to 450.

They are just probably borrowing from that fund to pay for the dream buses, the electrics. It doesn't mean that money won't be available next year or later this year.

BTW, I adjusted the rosters, I noticed that #1007, #1012-14 was at Chicago and yesterday #1007 was at 103rd. They must have sent it south to send it north cause it's on the #152 now. So does that say that #1017 will soon be on the way? So far Chicago has purged 6 buses and it has received 7 #8100's. So it sounds like maybe the #1000 - #1030 block might be headed for FG at least in the beginning trades for #8178 - #8199. 

40 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

They are just probably borrowing from that fund to pay for the dream buses, the electrics. It doesn't mean that money won't be available next year or later this year.

BTW, I adjusted the rosters, I noticed that #1007, #1012-14 was at Chicago and yesterday #1007 was at 103rd. They must have sent it south to send it north cause it's on the #152 now. So does that say that #1017 will soon be on the way? So far Chicago has purged 6 buses and it has received 7 #8100's. So it sounds like maybe the #1000 - #1030 block might be headed for FG at least in the beginning trades for #8178 - #8199. 

I wonder if these are temporary buses while some emergency patchwork on some failing Novas that can still be saved(so-to-speak) are being done. We need our roving chitransit reporter, garmon, to investigate South Shops and see what he finds. Watch out for Blofeld while you're down there!!! :P:D 

Also with the other garages, they started by giving them low NF buses like 74th did that and they eventually got the higher ones. Whose to say Fg won't get 30-50 low NF's, 30-50 mid's, 30-50 upper. Although the thinking might be to give them the older buses because they are getting the newest #8200's.