More Bus Moves

sw4400

7 hours ago, cta5658 said:

#1561 (77th Bus) is on the #34 (103rd route) but that could be a fill-in run

Thank you for that cause I thought my eyes were messing With me when I saw that bus a few days ago. But yea it's probably just a loaner cause103rd had 1106 which is also from 77th not too long ago.

On February 8, 2016 at 10:13 PM, Busjack said:

Toyota Prius Super Bowl commercial appeared to be a take off of The Blues Brothers,  except that at :31, the buses had "Newclarke Transit," and something over a CTA target logo.

I got a good look at the replaced dot logo. It's a dark blue or black dot with NT on it, and it doesn't have the red ring around it like the CTA logo.

Of course Newclarke sounds generic, but it would be interesting if it had some significance in the Prius program.

13 hours ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Of course Newclarke sounds generic, but it would be interesting if it had some significance in the Prius program.

More interesting is how much Toyota paid CTA.

Regarding Newclarke, Google doesn't recognize it, which probably answers your question.

Here's one for you.  Last Sunday I was riding the 79th street bus WB.  We enter into the Western bus terminal with Mr. CTA announcing " 79th and Western bus terminal."  After loading, the bus is supposed to loop east into the terminal, proceed south on Claremont and continue west on 79th with the next bus stop at Western.  Instead this operator turned left onto western and west on 79th, bypassing the Western stop.  That threw off the announcements for each stop by one or two stops.  That was until we got to Columbus when the system rectified itself and was back on course.

5 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

That threw off the announcements for each stop by one or two stops.  That was until we got to Columbus when the system rectified itself and was back on course.

System must have been on dead reckoning (i.e. using distance) until it reconnected with the satellite.

1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Unless you saw those buses with your own eyes I would say that bus tracker is messing up cause it said 1726 was a 106 but it was actually 1009 and 6691 is on the 103, and get This bus tracker says 4113 is on the 115 ??

Yeah on my wild goose chase today I discovered #4388 on the #74 was #2028. Damn and I was all psyched to ride an artic on the #74. What a disappointment.

In other news after I saw #8180 on the #57 on bustracker, the whole #57 and #73 went blank with no buses. I visually checked the #73 but no dice. I hope now I wasn't deceived by Bustracker when I saw #8180. Wouldn't that be a $hit!!

• Upvote 2

I was lmao today when I saw #6455 on the #78. Not only does it have a paper sign on the destination, it has a paper sign on the run box and even a paper sign on the back window for the rear destination. Although the rear said it was an #80, which would be confusing at the HIP where I saw it. I should have took some pictures.

On 2/18/2016 at 0:52 PM, BusHunter said:

I was lmao today when I saw #6455 on the #78. Not only does it have a paper sign on the destination, it has a paper sign on the run box and even a paper sign on the back window for the rear destination. Although the rear said it was an #80, which would be confusing at the HIP where I saw it. I should have took some pictures.

I guess #6455's sign is dead permanently. It was on the #77 again with all paper signs. They took off the #80 one on the rear though. They should probably just retire it. 

I was thinking you know how #6449 has a shield, I wonder if the final #6400 buses that go into 2020 will have shields? Might as well protect the operators.

On February 2, 2016 at 6:49 PM, jajuan said:

It was a Chicago Garage AM rush trip. Bus had a C sticker and Chicago garage code at the beginning of its run number. Chicago has sent 40 foot standards out on the 12 along with artics for months now at least. You just happened to witness a rare occasion where the 40 was a NF standard and not a Chicago assigned Nova Smart Bus. 

Oddly enough looks like a loaner to 103rd for some reason.

1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

7994 is currently at 103rd. I asked a mechanic were we getting the new novas and he said he don't know. Smh I'm not going to jump to conclusions or anything but if we ideed do get them im going to be pissed!!! Lol

I'd wait it out for a week or two because 103rd almost always does a lot of borrowing from 77th around this time of year. Just my experience though