More Bus Moves

sw4400

7 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

This is a trip from Evanston Twp HS. Comes south to Foster then goes east to LSD and goes downtown to 136 or 135.

7 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Thanks! I figured that I was a school trip but majority of California Ave is one lane both ways.

I've also seen #93 school trippers for Mather High School use artics a few times.

4 hours ago, garmon757 said:

#1423 and #1795 are on #62, #1469 is on #75, #1470 is on #55, #1471 is on #94, and #1828 is on #9. 

Does this point to 74th doing the whole #X49 and #X9? All these extra buses either points to this or they just need the extra buses for the street in general. I guess 73 buses is not enough for those two routes.

53 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Does this point to 74th doing the whole #X49 and #X9? All these extra buses either points to this or they just need the extra buses for the street in general. I guess 73 buses is not enough for those two routes.

We should be wondering what the hell is Chicago doing.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Well we already pretty much knew 74th would be covering all of X9 from the way the new schedule is covered and from the fact it did so when X9 existed the first time around. The question that's still unanswered until tomorrow is will it cover X49 alone or share it with NP as it has the local 49 since the time of the 2010 cuts that took away X9 and X49. And the question of X49 is still unanswered by virtue of 74th only seen to have 10 confirmed gains so far. Granted weekend service can mask how many buses have changed homes, 74th though still has a large enough number of buses on the road during weekends to easily a large change in its assigned buses.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Well we already pretty much knew 74th would be covering all of X9 from the way the new schedule is covered and from the fact it did so when X9 existed the first time around. The question that's still unanswered until tomorrow is will it cover X49 alone or share it with NP as it has the local 49 since the time of the 2010 cuts that took away X9 and X49. And the question of X49 is still unanswered by virtue of 74th only seen to have 10 confirmed gains so far. Granted weekend service can mask how many buses have changed homes, 74th though still has a large enough number of buses on the road during weekends to easily a large change in its assigned buses.

Yeah but using that train of thought would suggest that NP would need spares too if it were going to cover #X49/#49 and it is losing buses so where does that put them?

3 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah but using that train of thought would suggest that NP would need spares too if it were going to cover #X49/#49 and it is losing buses so where does that put them?

NP only lost 2 or 3 buses, so that loss shouldn't effect their share of coverage along Western. As a matter of fact, the fact the schedule for X49 not showing garage pullins and pullouts not only could suggest a sharing of it between 74th and NP. That fact tied in with the north and south terminals being exactly the same as the local could suggest an interline between the local and express in the form of some of the express buses becoming locals in midday and when PM rush comes back around some locals becoming express again. And with the main CTA Western Avenue corridor shared between 74th and NP, NP could easily have shed off those 2 or three buses and still be able to share both X49 and the local 49 with 74th. Don't forget local headways on both Western and Ashland are reduced against earlier picks during rush periods when the express routes are running on top of the locals now running every two standard city blocks instead of the prior every single standard block, meaning fewer total buses needed. So that further leaves some wiggle room. Plus 74th does a bit more of the coverage along Western than the NP share. 

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

The question that's still unanswered until tomorrow is will it cover X49 alone or share it with NP

I think you had the answer when you told sw that there weren't any deadead runs on the X49 schedule.

I was going to post more, comparing the X49 with no garage trips with X9 with plenty of them, but see you covered that in your immediately prior post.

36 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I think you had the answer when you told sw that there weren't any deadead runs on the X49 schedule.

I was going to post more, comparing the X49 with no garage trips with X9 with plenty of them, but see you covered that in your immediately prior post.

Yeah, the conditions of X49 showing no garage trips, X49 having the same terminals as the local route now that the Plaza is gone and being rebuilt into something else that may not welcome buses on property, the sharing of the local route and the other discussed conditions made me realize that they may have more with the placement of buses among the garages than thought.

22 minutes ago, jajuan said:

the other discussed conditions made me realize that they may have more with the placement of buses among the garages than thought.

Other than the garage, there is no point to X9 running from Irving Park to 74th after 7 p.m.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Other than the garage, there is no point to X9 running from Irving Park to 74th after 7 p.m.

That's not quite what I was speaking of there. I was only speaking of how to divide buses up at the garages at that point. I intended to say I had some realization that they may be picturing they had more wiggle room in that regard than suspected initially.xD

#1036 formerly from 103rd is on the #9. #1864 and #1425 are on the #67, #1785's on the #63; #1037's on the #55; #1297's on the #62

BTW, I updated the roster with what we know so far.

So far 15 more buses for 74th, 1 from kedzie, 2 from 103rd, about 5 from np and 7 from Chicago and we're not done yet. Interesting the few NP buses that seem to be on the #49 at 10:30 could have been 74th buses, I only counted 4 or 5 possible NP buses. The only way to know if 74th is doing the whole #49 is to see if there were any np buses physically on the route via run box.

Damn on bustracker if you scroll down the bus number list there's a 992 bus route (it says road call) and they show the 992's. There's two buses at NP (#1770 and #4389 right now)

For those unfamiliar a 992 is a mechanic who has been dispatched to either bring out a new bus to a stranded operator on a dead one or bring in a dead one to the garage.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BusHunter said:

#1036 formerly from 103rd is on the #9. #1864 and #1425 are on the #67, #1785's on the #63; #1037's on the #55; #1297's on the #62

So far 15 more buses for 74th, 1 from kedzie, 2 from 103rd, about 5 from np and 7 from Chicago and we're not done yet. Interesting the few NP buses that seem to be on the #49 at 10:30 could have been 74th buses, I only counted 4 or 5 possible NP buses. The only way to know if 74th is doing the whole #49 is to see if there were any np buses physically on the route via run box.

Damn on bustracker if you scroll down the bus number list there's a 992 bus route (it says road call) and they show the 992's. There's two buses at NP (#1770 and #4389 right now)

For those unfamiliar a 992 is a mechanic who has been dispatched to either bring out a new bus to a stranded operator on a dead one or bring in a dead one to the garage.

#1036 and #1037 have been at 74th since the Fall pick. #1297 and #1864 have also been at 74th since January of this year. I figure that #1785 was going to fill the gap but why not have #1761-83 and #1797-99 in exchange for either some 1300s and those 1400s that just came in or a mix of 1500s and 1800s???

Do anybody remember spotting an 800 hybrid on #151 because #808 is on that route right now. I haven't seen that happening in a long time. 

1 hour ago, garmon757 said:

#1036 and #1037 have been at 74th since the Fall pick. #1297 and #1864 have also been at 74th since January of this year. I figure that #1785 was going to fill the gap but why not have #1761-83 and #1797-99 in exchange for either some 1300s and those 1400s that just came in or a mix of 1500s and 1800s???

Do anybody remember spotting an 800 hybrid on #151 because #808 is on that route right now. I haven't seen that happening in a long time. 

808 must be doing a Kedzie short run on 151 in that case.

8 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I counted about three NP buses on X49 and about on 49 local so far in in a quick glance on BusTracker arrivals at different stops on Western So no 74th isn't doing 49 or X49 alone. NP buses being on 49 yesterday pretty much showed that.

3 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Your positive they are np buses. If their 1700's and 1800's, they could be 74th. Now if a #1300 ran on #49, i'd say that it's np. Well anyway I'll be out there for the evening rush and i'll see what happening.

Yes they were NP. I doubt 1319 for example was from 74th. Or 1859 and 1863. They were out there on X49 and I'm pretty sure they are still NP because they and some others out there were out as late as yesterday on NP routes.

10 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

So has the ratio of 74th buses gone up on #x49/#49? BTW, #X9 has a bunch of buses pulling in from Irving destination 74th, so there are pullin buses from the far end. Strange though the #X49 has only like 2 buses where #X9 has 10-12 at 10:30 AM. Traffic issues???

Nope. No traffic issues. Those buses still out on X9 are scheduled buses. The last bus of the morning according to the schedule is supposed to reach 74th and Ashland at 11:53. The only snag I observed on X9 was 1154 breaking NB at Roosevelt at about 8:00 this morning.