More Bus Moves

sw4400

It would be about time that C sent those buses back because it was not fair that C was hoarding the old equipment instead of sending it where it is needed.  If C wants to hoard the 6400's so badly, then they should have kept the flip dot ones.  Anything less borders on discrimination (let's get the new buses but also let's keep the best of the older ones and stick the really old ones to FG).  :x

They weren't going to use them anyway, they had 295 buses and that's way too much, I think before they cut them down to 265-268. Yeah it's frustrating to see everyone else with new or rebuilt buses and Fg is not only running the oldest fleet but about half the oldest half of that fleet. Let's get rid of some flip dots ones CTA, it's way beyond time. i don't understand why they would can newer buses and keep the older ones running, especially the 77th ones which were ran hard. I'd be bending over backwards to try and fix those newer buses, some of those were lifetime fg, so you know the miles were low on some of them.

I was noticing a few days ago not only does #6438 not have an updated clever device, the seats are worn out still. Fg hasn't repaired them and that's unusual, plus that bus seems to have a heating issue now, people were complaining of the heat on it last week especially in the rear and they had drove a screw through the windows so anyone that rides it is basically screwed. So maybe they might be looking to can it. I was on another one, i forget the number but they had removed the hydraulic lift devices on some of the hopper windows and they were flopped open wider than normal. They need to fix that or can that bus, they got some real junk riding around. 

On today's installment of "Masterpiece CTA Theater", we see a moronic passenger either lacking marbles, drunk, high or maybe a little of each going off on Bus Driver and Passenger.

If I were driving that bus, I would have pulled over and called the police when he made the threat at 5 min 45 sec. Not because of the threat itself, but to resolve the debate over who gets off first.

That aside, it looks like what happened was the guy didn't have enough money but someone paid the remainder of the fare. Then the other guy decided to pick a fight with him. Too bad we don't see the whole story, because something smells...

At least one of the final seven old Novas at C appeared on Maths22's tracker Saturday morning  --- 6821 on Belmont.

For the moment,  I don't know about the other six.

Yup sounds like they got the rest of them #6868 is on the #76 right now. Fg has quite a few buses without updated clever devices, I spotted #6515, #6535, #6536 and i think #6537 just this week, they could probably retire a few of them, but they have too many to retire from the former Chicago #6400's that just came over. They could probably just retire some without a replacement, no way do they need 271 buses. Maybe they will retire 7 more buses now at least because they now have the new 7 from Chicago.

Edited by BusHunter

This opens up a new assumption about the #7900's at chicago. If they now longer have buses to replace, why would any more #7900's go there? Now if they did do 150 #7900's at fg that would take them really close to all new novas, with maybe 30-40 old buses left. Maybe they could survive without #1000's. One bus route transfer away like the #76 to Chicago and exclusively all new novas could be possible at fg.

Edited by BusHunter

This opens up a new assumption about the #7900's at chicago. If they now longer have buses to replace, why would any more #7900's go there? Now if they did do 150 #7900's at fg that would take them really close to all new novas, with maybe 30-40 old buses left. Maybe they could survive without #1000's. One bus route transfer away like the #76 to Chicago and exclusively all new novas could be possible at fg.

Still can't believe that until it happens.... in the meantime, here's a little pic that's been passed around the internet to make memes.... fits right here for now... nothing against your post BusHunter, but Forest Glen has been shafted as of late(everyone says this garage is the CTA's Step-Child, so to speak, and gets treated as such)

Goodfellas Laughing 7900-Series Novas.jpg

• Upvote 1

Still can't believe that until it happens.... in the meantime, here's a little pic that's been passed around the internet to make memes.... fits right here for now... nothing against your post BusHunter, but Forest Glen has been shafted as of late(everyone says this garage is the CTA's Step-Child, so to speak, and gets treated as such)

Goodfellas Laughing 7900-Series Novas.jpg

Yea I'd be laughing too if FG became All 7900 Series.

Yea I'd be laughing too if FG became All 7900 Series.

More than likely, some 1000s go from C to F. I don't recall any CTA situation of worst to first. I also don't recall any situation where a delivery block was broken into less than 110 or 100. This could be a first (like the Bears beating an NFC team), but I'm not putting my money on it.

As soon as all the 6400's leave Chicago, FG can finally stop being a toilet for 77th, 74th, and Chicago. Because that's how I look at FG now. CTA thought it was a great idea to make FG a 6400 garbage disposal so they can flush them away only for them to get even more 6400s. Things are gonna be interesting once FG is the only garage to have 6400's.

No cause he knows like the rest of us, there are no more #6400's to send them. The question is what do you send them now?

There is precedent for renting retired Pace buses, but then it was because the Green Line was down, or that 171 had to be made accessible. Not sure what the excuse is this time9_9B|.

Otherwise, I'm going by that 150 NFs at 7 garages is 1050 buses, and while probably a few less at C and NP is close enough for horseshoes.

So everyday I ride the Red Line at the same time and every day. It is the  same driver everyday but most times its a different run number. How is that possible? Yesterday was X16 but today it was X12. Same orginiating number (Howard/95th run). Does that operator get off at the same time even though they have a different number?

Also saw 4 train car of 5000 series on Orange Line Training in the Loop this morning. 

• Upvote 3

So everyday I ride the Red Line at the same time and every day. It is the  same driver everyday but most times its a different run number. How is that possible? Yesterday was X16 but today it was X12. Same orginiating number (Howard/95th run). Does that operator get off at the same time even though they have a different number?

Also saw 4 train car of 5000 series on Orange Line Training in the Loop this morning. 

Probably depends on how the pick is structured. The number would be the same if the one operator is on a block run, but the operator might not be.

I ride the #146 a lot when the when the Bears player  announced  the people to ride the CTA to Soldier Field to see the Bears game the clever devicei instead of "GO BEARS" it  read "GO BEARS PINK ORG BRW" yesterday and it one time it read :"GO BEARS EXP TO DELAWARE ".and I thought I was see the thing .

2 hours ago, ArcherRider said:

I ride the #146 a lot when the when the Bears player  announced  the people to ride the CTA to Soldier Field to see the Bears game the clever devicei instead of "GO BEARS" it  read "GO BEARS PINK ORG BRW" yesterday and it one time it read :"GO BEARS EXP TO DELAWARE ".and I thought I was see the thing .

The gps must have sent the command for the next sign while still screwing with the GO BEARS message. But were you near where the second message should have displayed?

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

The gps must have sent the command for the next sign while still screwing with the GO BEARS message. But were you near where the second message should have displayed?

I saw the same thing by 79th and dorchester. At Cornell the 79 announces "Exit here for Stony Island" on the clever device. 2 stops later the go bears annoucement displayed "go bears-stony island.int". 

5 hours ago, ArcherRider said:

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

There's two audios: One with Martellus Bennett and Kyle Long and the second one with Jay Cutler. "The CTA is the great way to see the Chicago Bears play at Soldier Field." It'll be interesting if that ever happened on the train but I rather hear the  Blackhawks say the CTA is the great way to watch them win the cup! Any reason why there's not a damn wrap of the champions???? xD

1 hour ago, garmon757 said:

There's two audios: One with Martellus Bennett and Kyle Long and the second one with Jay Cutler. "The CTA is the great way to see the Chicago Bears play at Soldier Field." It'll be interesting if that ever happened on the train but I rather hear the  Blackhawks say the CTA is the great way to watch them win the cup! Any reason why there's not a damn wrap of the champions???? xD

Hawks don't have to play for the publicity.

• Upvote 2