More Bus Moves

sw4400

1 hour ago, Shannon CVPI said:

I thinking they looking at buses from all garages & seeing which one they wanna take from during the pick  & I got a pic of 8260 I believe on the 126 weeks ago  I think K gone get them some novas this time around I'm not too sure but I think & since I'm going that way to hustle I'm gone try to get a pic

all of FG’s novas have been returned i don’t think K will use FG’s maybe they will once the pick rolls in i think starting today?

9 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Bro what be the point of these bus swaps just to get the same models that they already have or had 

i think the point was 1379 and 1380 came back to FG and then NP needed them to fill in couple runs just like 1381-1383 are also doing NP runs but they all should be back to FG during evening rush

for 1565-1568 idk they might go back to K

10 hours ago, sht6131 said:

Do not understand the purpose of 1564-1568: K:>77th and 7903-7907: 77th>K. Unless this is a start  of a permanent swap of Flyers and Novas.

The only logical explanation to me is to use them on night owl N60 .  Pretty much the same deal as 103rd having them for N5 and N34.  I believe N60 is K's only owl route. 

44 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

The only logical explanation to me is to use them on night owl N60 .  Pretty much the same deal as 103rd having them for N5 and N34.  I believe B60 is K's only owl route. 

103rd only has novas because of the shield  due to earlier in the year overnight incidents and yea N60 is the only K overnight route 

7 hours ago, artthouwill said:

The only logical explanation to me is to use them on night owl N60 .  Pretty much the same deal as 103rd having them for N5 and N34.  I believe B60 is K's only owl route. 

Makes sense they're getting so few so far. And there aren't that many buses needed to do owl service. 

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

If the N20, N53 and N66 are run out of Chicago, would it not make more sense to run N60 out of Chicago as well (or 74th), so that the garage isn't open for one route?

Given that owl runs tend to start at times outside of the midnight to 4 AM threshold that CTA considers owl service times, I think CTA feels it's not worth the complication of having day and evening route out of K but the owl service part of the route coming out of C. It's basically similar to keeping the N5 based out of 103rd instead of operating out of 77th to get Novas on the route because of the N5 being interlined with the present day 95. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

If the N20, N53 and N66 are run out of Chicago, would it not make more sense to run N60 out of Chicago as well (or 74th), so that the garage isn't open for one route?

i mean 60 does run out of K so why not just continue to run N60 out of K but it would be good to see N60 out of C and 60 out of K during the day