More Bus Moves

sw4400

On 12/27/2019 at 11:10 AM, Shannon CVPI said:

How about if you don't like the pic keep scrolling somebody here likes it so how about you put yourself in a garbage can now back to buses 

woah respect the rules here 

(Disruptive behavior can include any activity which negatively impacts the community. Examples can include off-topic or irrelevant posts) 

17 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

woah respect the rules here 

(Disruptive behavior can include any activity which negatively impacts the community. Examples can include off-topic or irrelevant posts) 

I was being respectful I wasn't trying to disrupt anything mybad I thought since it was bout buses it belong here since it was buses in the pic 

Edited by Shannon CVPI
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

1562 has been at 74th for a while now.

Ok bet but was the main reason for bus swaps won't all garages just keep the buses the get from when coming into service until retirement like how Chicago did with the 20' they got them & then swapped all the other buses they got but those 

4 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Ok bet but was the main reason for bus swaps won't all garages just keep the buses the get from when coming into service until retirement like how Chicago did with the 20' they got them & then swapped all the other buses they got but those 

Sometimes bus swaps are done to even out mileage.   Other swaps are based on fluctuations in service demand.  Some garages need more buses during the school year while other garages require more buses for summer demand.  

For the most part, most of the New Flyers seem to have spent a great portion of their lives at one garage.   I believe Archer was the first recipient of the 1000 series New Flyers ( which seems to have been split between 193rd and F).  K was the next recipient  followed by 7.   Then 103rd and P split the next set with 193rd getting odd numbered buses and P getting even numbered buses.   A then lost all of their New Flyers, becoming an all Nova garage.  Also, 74th became all 6000 series Flxbles, as 74th, A, and F weren't supposed to get New Flyers.   However,  74th would get them due to the high breakdown rate of the 6000s.  When A closed,  its Novas went to 74th, C, F, and a handful went to P (that was shortlived).  

When the last options were exercised. K got the first batch, followed by 6, then another 193rd/P split.   Then 1929 through 1978 was a 7/P split with 7 getting odds and P getting evens.  Eventually CTA started streamlining the assignments with the oldest at 103rd and moving northward with C getting the last batch of buses.  Initially F was still out of the mix for New Flyers, but eventually got some because the Novas were starting to break down. 

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Sometimes bus swaps are done to even out mileage.   Other swaps are based on fluctuations in service demand.  Some garages need more buses during the school year while other garages require more buses for summer demand.  

For the most part, most of the New Flyers seem to have spent a great portion of their lives at one garage.   I believe Archer was the first recipient of the 1000 series New Flyers ( which seems to have been split between 193rd and F).  K was the next recipient  followed by 7.   Then 103rd and P split the next set with 193rd getting odd numbered buses and P getting even numbered buses.   A then lost all of their New Flyers, becoming an all Nova garage.  Also, 74th became all 6000 series Flxbles, as 74th, A, and F weren't supposed to get New Flyers.   However,  74th would get them due to the high breakdown rate of the 6000s.  When A closed,  its Novas went to 74th, C, F, and a handful went to P (that was shortlived).  

When the last options were exercised. K got the first batch, followed by 6, then another 193rd/P split.   Then 1929 through 1978 was a 7/P split with 7 getting odds and P getting evens.  Eventually CTA started streamlining the assignments with the oldest at 103rd and moving northward with C getting the last batch of buses.  Initially F was still out of the mix for New Flyers, but eventually got some because the Novas were starting to break down. 

Bet thanks for the heads up cuz I was wondering when I seen 1442 on the 63 I'm like that but was on the 54 at C in 2015-or 16 I believe I'm like they sent them all south & picked up another batch of flyers like that didn't make sense to me but you just said it & you mean 103rd not 193rd lol & I remember when A closed C got the novas back for a while then they swapped them out again becoming like all flyers until the 7900 starting coming in when 7 & 6 started getting theirs C & F got all of the novas then when C started getting theirs in 15 FG became all novas until like you said they started having a high breakdown rate 

4 hours ago, indigofoundue74 said:

7918 87: 87th 87 -751 7 (77th)

7919 29: State 29 -156 1 (103rd)

7920 8: Halsted 8 -714 7 (77th)

I know this might be a loaner but why?
Not unless 77th is doing a run for 29

Might be since 7 is right off of State 3 might have called over & asked if they had a driver & a bus for the rush hour period