More Bus Moves

sw4400

49 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Man they ain't giving 2000's up for nothing they had em since they enter service only time I seen them on a K route was during the rush hour periods when they help K on the 12 but it still registered under C but if they under K that's really a first 

these are buses that are filling in runs for K for the day most likely K has some buses at the shops 

1 hour ago, sht6131 said:

It’s been a long loaner. It’s still there and always assigned to Chicago. Same with 8902. Always assigned to Madison. Does anybody know the reasoning?

It has been nearly a year since I made that post, the reason behind why #8011 is at Chicago garage has already been clarified along with #7902.

https://www.transitchicago.com/arriving-now-digital-screens-providing-real-time-service-information-aboard-cta-buses/

IMG_3692.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

7900, 6579 I believe and 4053 are all at 103rd garage. Now 6579 is a instruction bus along with 7900 but 4053 from Kedzie I have no idea why that bus is there ??‍♂️ perhaps a training bus we got new operators coming in so perhaps that explains the 3 buses.

I guess I understand 7900, but the other 2 don't make sense to me yet As for 6579, it's crazy I that 103rd doesn't have ay 6400s.  Only F has them. Will CTA send 1 6400 to every garage for training?  Will 103rd receive more 6400s?  I think not.

As for 4053 doesn't 103rd have enough artics for training?  Unless 4053 has exceptionally high mileage. this doesn't make sense.   I sure 203rd's artis rack up plenty of miles. 

7 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I guess I understand 7900, but the other 2 don't make sense to me yet As for 6579, it's crazy I that 103rd doesn't have ay 6400s.  Only F has them. Will CTA send 1 6400 to every garage for training?  Will 103rd receive more 6400s?  I think not.

As for 4053 doesn't 103rd have enough artics for training?  Unless 4053 has exceptionally high mileage. this doesn't make sense.   I sure 203rd's artis rack up plenty of miles. 

So far that would be the case because south shops has at least 8 or 9 #6400's converted over to instruction buses. 

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

So far that would be the case because south shops has at least 8 or 9 #6400's converted over to instruction buses. 

I'm with that's my best bet but my think is why turn the 6400's into training buses when they are slowly retiring them & they are only at FG unless the new drivers going to FG?