More Bus Moves

sw4400

Just now, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah it has been there since early august in fact, the scrap line is going to be the next location for it, from what I was told from a former driver that now drives ex-6163 is the engine finally gave out on the bus if my memory is correct.

You figure they would've put it over there with the artic that crashed into the Sears Tower. I'd assumed buses parked along the front were ready for service at any time

12 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

You figure they would've put it over there with the artic that crashed into the Sears Tower. I'd assumed buses parked along the front were ready for service at any time

Well given that they haven't moved #1805 and #6999 along with #6400 prototype in months shows you the priority they have on certain buses to service or scrap, it can be a long process at times but eventually they'll get to it. However, from what I've seen since working at 77th you'd be amazed at some of the work south shops is doing for some of these ex-retired #6400's converting them over to instruction buses rather than scraping them all along with the other buses I mentioned earlier. Priorities are weird.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah it has been there since early august in fact, the scrap line is going to be the next location for it, from what I was told from a former driver that now drives ex-6163 is the engine finally gave out on the bus if my memory is correct.

Dam I been wondering where that bus at seen the CPD bus this year but having seen 6163 in a year +

26 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well given that they haven't moved #1805 and #6999 along with #6400 prototype in months shows you the priority they have on certain buses to service or scrap, it can be a long process at times but eventually they'll get to it. However, from what I've seen since working at 77th you'd be amazed at some of the work south shops is doing for some of these ex-retired #6400's converting them over to instruction buses rather than scraping them all along with the other buses I mentioned earlier. Priorities are weird.

It's more novas that came up as instruction buses?

16 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

It's more novas that came up as instruction buses?

Yeah there is at least 10 i've seen so far since October some are #6400's,#6500's and #6600's. I have a list somewhere in my logs of all of them. Notably #6470 was the bus I drove briefly during training and it had host of problems with it.

10 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

#6163 is normally at the Fire academy but it is mainly stored at Chicago garage.  

Yea last time I seen it it was sitting on the back wall at see you could see it when the garage doors was up & most of the  buses was gone but haven see it there in a while last time I saw it to think about it it was at the fire academy with a 5900 that's been turned into a CFD Bus  that bus be parked at the fire house on California right off of Roosevelt sometimes 

22 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah there is at least 10 i've seen so far since October some are #6400's,#6500's and #6600's. I have a list somewhere in my logs of all of them. Notably #6470 was the bus I drove briefly during training and it had host of problems with it.

Man I liked 6470 but the last one I seen was 6553 I believe & 6488 which I have a pic of that be at C but it left like 2 weeks ago I seen it in the shop the next day it haven't been parked on the training lot no more been gone bout 2 weeks 

17 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

#6163 is normally at the Fire academy but it is mainly stored at Chicago garage.  

I like how they really fixed up 6472 when I last seen it before it was retired the front left strut was broke it was gangsta leaning & when I saw it again it was sent back to 7 retired & turned into a community bus & was looking brand new like it's ready for service

2 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Well the driver of the car took their lives the bus just kept em from killing more people but I get what you saying might be on legal hold like 4167 when it hit the wall & crushed that lady under it 

4167 is a different story because you see that nova hit a lady the other month on route 3 and came back couple weeks later 4167 has damage and 1805 was involved in a deadly crash 

Just now, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

4167 is a different story because you see that nova hit a lady the other month on route 3 and came back couple weeks later 4167 has damage and 1805 was involved in a deadly crash 

Just like 6847 killed that lady right in front of churches on the 9 on it's way to SS & it came back into service quickly & yea I know 4167 got frame damage & sitting in the boneyard 4119 might get fixed too since it's sitting on the side of ss covered with a tarp

1 hour ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Just like 6847 killed that lady right in front of churches on the 9 on it's way to SS & it came back into service quickly & yea I know 4167 got frame damage & sitting in the boneyard 4119 might get fixed too since it's sitting on the side of ss covered with a tarp

if 4167 is in the boneyard then yes probably a goner and 4119 and 1805 have tarps that (possibility) means it will get fixed sooner or later