More Bus Moves

sw4400

26 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

1374-1380 to 77th while CPS is on strike? 
maybe that’s why the move happened 

I think it's more likely that the reassignment was based on long-term need. It may be permanent.

Incidentally, 1561 migrated from 77th to FG. As I type, it's operating on Lawrence.

9 minutes ago, John7 said:

1026 is 74th's bus not 77th. Its just operating as route 2 which is normally operated by 77th.

It's not at all unusual for buses from other garages to fill 77th St. runs after being serviced at the South Shops.That's especially true during the PM rush.

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Something is F’d up with 77th they temporary have 1374-1380 and 1026 and 1046 like what happen to their buses?

There must have been an ongoing shortage of buses at 77th. They had recently been getting day-loans from 103rd. Maybe more 77th NFs are being sidelined for repairs. It's been a few years since the NFs were rehabbed, so they might be starting to show their age. It seems as if the ones at 77th get the heaviest use.

Before the transfer, FG had nearly 270 units. Even with the old Novas, they had normally been able to manage with 255 or 260. 

I'm not saying that FG didn't need them. But 77th probably needed them more. Could be wrong, but I think the move is probably long-term.

24 minutes ago, wordguy said:

There must have been an ongoing shortage of buses at 77th. They had recently been getting day-loans from 103rd. Maybe more 77th NFs are being sidelined for repairs. It's been a few years since the NFs were rehabbed, so they might be starting to show their age. It seems as if the ones at 77th get the heaviest use.

Before the transfer, FG had nearly 270 units. Even with the old Novas, they had normally been able to manage with 255 or 260. 

I'm not saying that FG didn't need them. But 77th probably needed them more. Could be wrong, but I think the move is probably long-term.

I think 77th is service there’s finally after their tear downs Like man 77th don’t take care of their flyers 

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

I think 77th is service there’s finally after their tear downs Like man 77th don’t take care of their flyers 

I'll just say this speaking from the inside at 77th, most of the NF's are in decent shape along with Novas they do have on deck for daily operations. There could be a problem with the NFs getting properly maintained with all of the 4000's and 4300's popping up there most recently for service which could be hampering the ratio to maintain there own fleet properly. 

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I'll just say this speaking from the inside at 77th, most of the NF's are in decent shape along with Novas they do have on deck for daily operations. There could be a problem with the NFs getting properly maintained with all of the 4000's and 4300's popping up there most recently for service which could be hampering the ratio to maintain there own fleet properly. 

Being familiar with operations at 77th, you'd know much better than I would, YBL. (Ex-operator here, '69 to '76; FG and later NP.) Your explanation seems to make sense.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

1015 sounds so good from that 7/3/17 video and I would love to ride it on the 22, but I never ride the NP routes anymore.

1015 is back at FG with 1006 and yessss I agree with you 1015 is one of my favorite flyers and I don’t ride NP routes any more I just like 147 on lake shore that’s about it 

Didn't someone say that 1342 caught fire? So if it did then that would explain why the seats were changed. Bus kinda smells like something burned and its making a wierd noise. Nonetheless i like these seats better than the garbage plastic seats they got on the novas and on some of the trains and the seats shown is not hard plastic.

20191028_215614.jpg

24 minutes ago, John7 said:

Didn't someone say that 1342 caught fire? So if it did then that would explain why the seats were changed. Bus kinda smells like something burned and its making a wierd noise. Nonetheless i like these seats better than the garbage plastic seats they got on the novas and on some of the trains and the seats shown is not hard plastic.

20191028_215614.jpg

Is it leather?