More Bus Moves

sw4400

9 minutes ago, TransitQueen22 said:

I spotted a 56A North Milwaukee to Devon/Harlem at the intersection of Milwaukee/Central (the opposite way of the destination LOL) I know this route was discontinued a longgg time ago. Do signs glitch like this sometimes?

IMG_20191003_155921788.jpg

IMG_20191003_155923426.jpg

That is probably a signage error with that bus.

8 minutes ago, TransitQueen22 said:

I spotted a 56A North Milwaukee to Devon/Harlem at the intersection of Milwaukee/Central (the opposite way of the destination LOL) I know this route was discontinued a longgg time ago. Do signs glitch like this sometimes?

The codes that operators enter to set the sign are sometimes reused from previous routes, and what you saw is the result of the old data still being in the system. Another commonly reported "error" is a westbound 95 showing "90N" (another discontinued route).

2 minutes ago, TransitQueen22 said:

I was so shocked that I was ACTUALLY seeing it with my own two eyes. ? Also, why was this route discontinued and how long was it in service for? I think theres a lot of duplication of service in the system, and this was one of them?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2012-11-23-ct-met-pace-route-changes-20121123-story.html

7 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

1562 is not loaned it’s been there since fall pick along with 1561 1563 belongs to 7 now just like 1561-62 belong to 6

Aw dam ok I knew 61 had got sent to 6 didn't know 62 went cuz it still had a K sticker but that don't mean nothing everybody else besides 7 take a while to change the stickers but I thought it was still at k thanks for correcting me bro 

On 10/4/2019 at 9:04 AM, Shannon CVPI said:

Saw 1562 on the 55 at the green line doing a run for 6 guess it's a loaner from K or they called over to SS for a bus for the morning runs

20 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

1562 is not loaned it’s been there since fall pick along with 1561 1563 belongs to 7 now just like 1561-62 belong to 6

12 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Aw dam ok I knew 61 had got sent to 6 didn't know 62 went cuz it still had a K sticker but that don't mean nothing everybody else besides 7 take a while to change the stickers but I thought it was still at k thanks for correcting me bro 

1561 is at 77th, 1562 and 1563 are at 74th.

On 10/3/2019 at 7:48 PM, TransitQueen22 said:

I was so shocked that I was ACTUALLY seeing it with my own two eyes. ? Also, why was this route discontinued and how long was it in service for? I think theres a lot of duplication of service in the system, and this was one of them?

The article does not mention that the 56A began service when the Jefferson Park Transit Center was opened in 1970. When the "West-Northwest" route (as it was called back then) was extended to Jefferson Park several routes were cut into two, with the 56 Milwaukee being one of them. 

• 2 weeks later...