More Bus Moves

sw4400

5 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Don't grill me about it idk where to put this pic but is these the new electric buses that I seen supposed to be coming to C seen it in the shop so I hopped out & got a pic of it 

IMG_20190927_163642081.jpg

That should belong in the new electric buses thread, that is real cool by the way!

On 9/20/2019 at 9:27 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

So like anybody have an idea on what CTA’s plan is for shuttles for 9 days especially during rush weekdays how are they going to use the artics during rush and stuff like that 

CTA has a very high spare ratio for artics now even during weekday rush hour periods. A minimum of 100 can still be sitting inside the garages that run them at any given time including rush periods. So the Blue Line shuttles won't interfere with normal artic operations during the Blue Line partial shutdown. For the more newer members who may not know, the CTA has 100 more artics than it actually needs because the only reason it really needed them was to run the Red Line replacement shuttle bus routes during the complete shutdown and rebuilding of the Dan Ryan leg of the Red Line a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

CTA has a very high spare ratio for artics now even during weekday rush hour periods. A minimum of 100 can still be sitting inside the garages that run them at any given time including rush periods. So the Blue Line shuttles won't interfere with normal artic operations during the Blue Line partial shutdown. For the more newer members who may not know, the CTA has 100 more artics than it actually needs because the only reason it really needed them was to run the Red Line replacement shuttle bus routes during the complete shutdown and rebuilding of the Dan Ryan leg of the Red Line a few years ago. 

Then they need to assign 7-8 of them to the 155 during the day.   That route is now a disaster, what with 25% of the riders with either a walker or shopping cart!

On 9/27/2019 at 9:51 AM, Shannon CVPI said:

I think the K thing they maybe testing to see if they want any novas that's my guess & with 6722 working outsouth 7 need a bus to do a run so they just picked 1 from SS 

Yes, K was testing one - and during the morning rush period. (Twice on the #35, twice on the #52 and once on a K-based #66 run.) This weekend, more may be headed to K as well: 8278-8280 have not been out at all over the weekend. We'll find out tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, RJL6000 said:

Yes, K was testing one - and during the morning rush period. (Twice on the #35, twice on the #52 and once on a K-based #66 run.) This weekend, more may be headed to K as well: 8278-8280 have not been out at all over the weekend. We'll find out tomorrow morning.

Bet & I see where it says 66 is shared with K but I never seen a kedize bus doing the 66 like how I see C doing the 12 during rush hour only seen 52 on 66 for it's regular route & that's from kedize to Cali

1 hour ago, RJL6000 said:

30 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Bet & I see where it says 66 is shared with K but I never seen a kedize bus doing the 66 like how I see C doing the 12 during rush hour only seen 52 on 66 for it's regular route & that's from kedize to Cali

66 runs that are based out of Kedzie: Are these the ones that are going to/from Chicago/Kostner or Chicago @ Grand/Sacramento? Or are they coming from another route?

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

66 runs that are based out of Kedzie: Are these the ones that are going to/from Chicago/Kostner or Chicago @ Grand/Sacramento? Or are they coming from another route?

I mostly see the 66 running the route by it self & if they do take buses from another route it's always Pulaski Cicero or Laramie that they will snatch a bus from to run the 66

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

5 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

I mostly see the 66 running the route by it self & if they do take buses from another route it's always Pulaski Cicero or Laramie that they will snatch a bus from to run the 66

12/66 interlines run to kedzie as a 12 then Deadhead up to chicago to start the trips from Troy. Chicago's runs on #12 are tied to 157

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

8278-8280 are still at FG I found 8278 on 56 5 mins ago

8 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

K shares 66 Chicago with artics sometimes during rush period and during downtown events