More Bus Moves

sw4400

Well the reason why FG has parked its #6400's is due to driver protection against customers during the pandemic. So shipping over #6400's over to other garages in exchange seems to make the most sense as far as having enough room to store temporary loaners at FG. The only issue is a shield isn't really going to protect operators with an airborne viris such as covid-19.

9 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well the reason why FG has parked its #6400's is due to driver protection against customers during the pandemic. So shipping over #6400's over to other garages in exchange seems to make the most sense as far as having enough room to store temporary loaners at FG. The only issue is a shield isn't really going to protect operators with an airborne viris such as covid-19.

COVID-19 is not airborne in the general sense, although if someone infected sneezes or coughs on you, you might very well get sick.

9 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

COVID-19 is not airborne in the general sense, although if someone infected sneezes or coughs on you, you might very well get sick.

That's my point though, regardless of where the passengers are on the bus if they sneeze,cough or so happen to come in close contact with us while we're behind the wheel its still an issue and at the end of the terminal when some operators might do a general walk through of there bus and so happen to touch a seat or rub up against one, theirs so many unknowns that can come out of that. I had a brief interaction yesterday with our Union president and he was at our garage after one of our drivers caught it and he told everyone to make sure to not sit on any of the seats on the bus, don't touch the railings and always keep a spare pair of protective gloves with you at all times, he was also concerned about the nova's in particular in regards to the seat behind the operator cockpit not being taped off to customers. Working out of 77th and specfically sometimes operating on 79th we get all types of people riding 24/7 and some aren't that hygienic i'll say.

37 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

That's my point though, regardless of where the passengers are on the bus if they sneeze,cough or so happen to come in close contact with us while we're behind the wheel its still an issue and at the end of the terminal when some operators might do a general walk through of there bus and so happen to touch a seat or rub up against one, theirs so many unknowns that can come out of that. I had a brief interaction yesterday with our Union president and he was at our garage after one of our drivers caught it and he told everyone to make sure to not sit on any of the seats on the bus, don't touch the railings and always keep a spare pair of protective gloves with you at all times, he was also concerned about the nova's in particular in regards to the seat behind the operator cockpit not being taped off to customers. Working out of 77th and specfically sometimes operating on 79th we get all types of people riding 24/7 and some aren't that hygienic i'll say.

Yea you right I've definitely had people not that clean on the rails & my boy Remy also works out of 7 & he said 2 of the drivers out of there had it & another rail operator out of 95th had it 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Aw ok that makes sense now cuz they dam sure don't have any protection glass with the seat right behind em 

12 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

The 6400's are sent to other garages are used for fallback shelters for operators since a lot of stores and restaurants are closed due to this stupid man made virus.

That's odd because we're using are own buses to for the fallback shelters, #1346 was on 79th and Pulaski yesterday. 

51 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Yea you right I've definitely had people not that clean on the rails & my boy Remy also works out of 7 & he said 2 of the drivers out of there had it & another rail operator out of 95th had it 

At least they're not closing the entire garage. Baltimore was about to do that after a bus driver got it and it took massive outcry for them to realize they were about to cancel almost every east-west/crosstown bus route within the city proper, including about 9-10 of the 17 busiest routes in the city, without any back-up plan in place

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

At least they're not closing the entire garage. Baltimore was about to do that after a bus driver got it and it took massive outcry for them to realize they were about to cancel almost every east-west/crosstown bus route within the city proper, including about 9-10 of the 17 busiest routes in the city, without any back-up plan in place

Yea that is good that they didn't do tgat

Everyone here has been talking about these 2nd gen Novas being moved around.  I caught this Nova parked here at Garfleld and Ashland yesterday.  I'm really not sure what's going on with it but I have to say it's been a long time since these Novas have been seen on the south side.  Later yesterday I caught another one standing out of service on Ashland and 47th.

7 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Everyone here has been talking about these 2nd gen Novas being moved around.  I caught this Nova parked here at Garfleld and Ashland yesterday.  I'm really not sure what's going on with it but I have to say it's been a long time since these Novas have been seen on the south side.  Later yesterday I caught another one standing out of service on Ashland and 47th.

Yea that's strange seeing it there maybe a garage workers was driving it & stopped to get some to eat since it's a white castle right there

On 3/26/2020 at 8:07 AM, Shannon CVPI said:

Now 6733 63 6875 & 6682 popped up at C parked the other Nova's that was there must be inside C or on a runoic of proof coming right up 

IMG_20200326_075547826.jpg

IMG_20200326_075544931_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200326_075540816_HDR.jpg

Hope theyre finally shipping these out of FG