More Bus Moves

sw4400

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

We will see how long this lasts.  With the current bidding for a base order for 100 new buses, it's possible that the 6400s will be all gone next year.  Subsequent options,  if we get that far, could start replacing the oldest of the artics, which I believe become eligible for retirement next year.  That would also deal with the surplus of artics CTA currently had on its hands.

Retiring artics before 1000s would be a huge waste of cash. With how lightly they're used compared to everything else, I could see them lasting at least until they're 18-20 years old. If CTA really is desperate to be rid of them so soon, I could see another TA looking at getting their hands on them. For example, St Louis Metro has a bunch of 2004 D60LFs they bought secondhand in 2014 from OC Transpo, they're eventually gonna need replacements.

1 hour ago, WCR said:

Retiring artics before 1000s would be a huge waste of cash. With how lightly they're used compared to everything else, I could see them lasting at least until they're 18-20 years old. If CTA really is desperate to be rid of them so soon, I could see another TA looking at getting their hands on them. For example, St Louis Metro has a bunch of 2004 D60LFs they bought secondhand in 2014 from OC Transpo, they're eventually gonna need replacements.

That's how I see it also which in my opinion CTA really only get serious about retirement when buses reach 15+ years & start blowing motors & tranny's 

9 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I can confirm that statement because the garage is actively trying to train all operators that don't have any experience with 60 footers, Currently we have about 15 of K's #4000's after my last count I did yesterday, I should of got all the numbers but I had to pullout so getting all of the numbers would of took some time.

Yea when I went in I noticed alot of the 40's missing & a few 7 buses 

4 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

absolutely nothing just seen 1825 at howard and 1814

Wow now that was a real dumb move imo cuz NP not a garage that's downed buses & C ran some buses for nothing in return unlike other garages they got some out of giving up some buses