More Bus Moves

sw4400

16 minutes ago, WCR said:

So apparently Kedzie is still doing school trips on the 62, but with 40 footers which kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion. Here's 1736 and 1675 heading east to start their runs, 7904 was ahead of them.

20200409_154428.jpg

20200409_154434.jpg

It doesn't make sense to me to run school trippers with no school.   However  we know those trippers interline with runs downtown.   I suppose the difference in pay between the trippers and just deadheading downtown isn't much, but still.  

6 minutes ago, John7 said:

I am so confused so i am asking this in this topic because its more active. Since cta just began letting people on from the back, do they have to go to the front to pay or is it free? 

My understanding is that CTA will move the fare card readers from the front to the rear.  

This definitely will slow down boarding.  It may protect drivers but u think passengers will face increased exposure.   I know CTA can't afford to give away rides like Pace.  I think the better solution was to mandate all exiting (except wheelchair, elderly, and pregnant women) at the rear.   Also mandate CTA drivers to use their shields and CTA should provide masks for the drivers.

39 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

My understanding is that CTA will move the fare card readers from the front to the rear.  

This definitely will slow down boarding.  It may protect drivers but u think passengers will face increased exposure.   I know CTA can't afford to give away rides like Pace.  I think the better solution was to mandate all exiting (except wheelchair, elderly, and pregnant women) at the rear.   Also mandate CTA drivers to use their shields and CTA should provide masks for the drivers.

CTA can afford it but just think bout all the people that's gone jump on our buses at the back & not pay honestly I'm not gone trip 1 way or the other I'm still getting mines regardless

36 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

CTA can afford it but just think bout all the people that's gone jump on our buses at the back & not pay honestly I'm not gone trip 1 way or the other I'm still getting mines regardless

You're a driver now?

5 hours ago, WCR said:

So apparently Kedzie is still doing school trips on the 62, but with 40 footers which kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion. Here's 1736 and 1675 heading east to start their runs, 7904 was ahead of them.

20200409_154428.jpg

20200409_154434.jpg

Early in the week they were running artics on the 62. Run 500 the run box said. At least np is not running the addison extras that's alot of buses. The 62 must be doing something else. 

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

As of today everyone has been riding for free, so until those ventra readers are moved to the rear which won't fair well in the future everyone gets to line ride as much as they want....including the foamers of CTA.

11 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

As of today everyone has been riding for free, so until those ventra readers are moved to the rear which won't fair well in the future everyone gets to line ride as much as they want....including the foamers of CTA.

I know that goes for buses.  I wish that was extended to the CTA CTA trains. 

13 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Yea it does slow everything down you sit longer at stops & some people act like they can't open the doors 

So I'm beginning to notice a pattern from my garage with using artics. To me it seems they're alternating weekdays between using them on 79th street and Cottage Grove. Today alot of the early morning runs are artics on the 4 while only a few of them are slowly popping up on 79th street for the midday runs.They tested the waters using some on Halsted and King Drive but have quickly reverted back to using them mostly on the streets I've mentioned. The amount that we have has grown since last weeks moves which leads me to wonder whenthe training phase is over, what ate routes besides the 4 and 79 will use artics consistently. The 3 and 8 haven't shown much of an uptick to use them and no other route out of 77th needs them due to the low ridership numbers. 

53 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

So I'm beginning to notice a pattern from my garage with using artics. To me it seems they're alternating weekdays between using them on 79th street and Cottage Grove. Today alot of the early morning runs are artics on the 4 while only a few of them are slowly popping up on 79th street for the midday runs.They tested the waters using some on Halsted and King Drive but have quickly reverted back to using them mostly on the streets I've mentioned. The amount that we have has grown since last weeks moves which leads me to wonder whenthe training phase is over, what ate routes besides the 4 and 79 will use artics consistently. The 3 and 8 haven't shown much of an uptick to use them and no other route out of 77th needs them due to the low ridership numbers. 

I was about to comment something similar, I noticed a bunch of artics on the 4 today which made me check when I returned to the house and there are only 2 on the 79. Also, over at Chicago, there was no longer an even mix of artics on the 20 & 53, the 20 was using nearly all of them. 77th has about 15-20 artics now, right? My hope, although not realistic, is that possibly some 9 or 49 runs can be covered out of 77th (although I'd prefer for NP to do this since they need their artics less)

31 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I was about to comment something similar, I noticed a bunch of artics on the 4 today which made me check when I returned to the house and there are only 2 on the 79. Also, over at Chicago, there was no longer an even mix of artics on the 20 & 53, the 20 was using nearly all of them. 77th has about 15-20 artics now, right? My hope, although not realistic, is that possibly some 9 or 49 runs can be covered out of 77th (although I'd prefer for NP to do this since they need their artics less)

Yeah we have about 20 or so now after just,having 12 the week before. The problem with the 9 and 49 getting artics is the overall demand and push back from the union which led to 77th getting some. NP can only do so much and then you'll also have to factor in this as well. Would they be special runs just for artics or would they intertwine with 74th's?

With the 6400s getting pulled off the streets due to bus drivers safety during this pandemic, and all service operating at regular schedules and runs and no service cuts, would it make sense for the CTA to officially retire the remaining nova 6400s? No garage is short on buses, these moves seem to work perfect proving that those 6400s were never needed in the past year. Now with the artics, why are artics running at 77th and Chicago garage? Would these be long term assignments too?