More Bus Moves

sw4400

These are all temporary moves due to the COVID-19 pandemic that is still ongoing. K gave up several of its artics to 77th, in exchange for some of that garage's 1000's. And due to the reassignments of the 6400's to other garages for other uses, each of the six garages donated a few buses to FG.

8 minutes ago, RJL6000 said:

These are all temporary moves due to the COVID-19 pandemic that is still ongoing. K gave up several of its artics to 77th, in exchange for some of that garage's 1000's. And due to the reassignments of the 6400's to other garages for other uses, each of the six garages donated a few buses to FG.

We will see how long this lasts.  With the current bidding for a base order for 100 new buses, it's possible that the 6400s will be all gone next year.  Subsequent options,  if we get that far, could start replacing the oldest of the artics, which I believe become eligible for retirement next year.  That would also deal with the surplus of artics CTA currently had on its hands.

34 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

We will see how long this lasts.  With the current bidding for a base order for 100 new buses, it's possible that the 6400s will be all gone next year.  Subsequent options,  if we get that far, could start replacing the oldest of the artics, which I believe become eligible for retirement next year.  That would also deal with the surplus of artics CTA currently had on its hands.

i’m pretty sure if anything 1054-1055 will stay at FG along with 1393-94 and 1796-98 but the real question is why the move from C to NP 1799-1814

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Naw I don't think all the 6400's will get knocked off you know they gone start off at 7 all the first new buses start at 7 they get the first back & some of the new flyers are eligible for retirement the first of the 4000's that came in in 08 they are 12 years old now but CTA gone run em bout another 6 years before they really start knocking em off 

1 minute ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Naw I don't think all the 6400's will get knocked off you know they gone start off at 7 all the first new buses start at 7 they get the first back & some of the new flyers are eligible for retirement the first of the 4000's that came in in 08 they are 12 years old now but CTA gone run em bout another 6 years before they really start knocking em off 

The 1000 New Flyers will definitely be here for at least another 6yrs and given the total amount of them I wont be surprised if they around longer than that as far as retirement goes. I just hope the flyers are replaced with newer flyers instead of Novas.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

The 1000 New Flyers will definitely be here for at least another 6yrs and given the total amount of them I wont be surprised if they around longer than that as far as retirement goes. I just hope the flyers are replaced with newer flyers instead of Novas.

Yea cuz we all see how CTA run buses up to almost 20 years hell if it wasn't for the rooms day in 2010 the 45's flex 5300 & 60's would have probably ran a few more years with the 60's running longer then all of em they would have probably started knocking them off in 14-15

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

glad to hear i’ll drive the flyers when i start working as a PTBO i got 4 years till i can get my CDL

2 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

I can confirm that statement because the garage is actively trying to train all operators that don't have any experience with 60 footers, Currently we have about 15 of K's #4000's after my last count I did yesterday, I should of got all the numbers but I had to pullout so getting all of the numbers would of took some time.

54 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yep it’s working on 60 right now 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

The 6400 series Novas are almost 20 years old. If and when the base order of 109 new buses arrives,  those Novas will be the first to go.  Even if 77th were to get those newest buses first, 77th would have to send other buses elsewhere in replace the Novas at other garages. 

1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

While the majority of 1000s will surely stick around,  the oldest 1000s and possibly the oldest 4000s could be retired depending on how many options CTA chooses to exercise.  It would be prudent to replace older buses when possible.   The reason some buses have lasted 20 years is due to lack of funding for new buses when the older ones were first eligible for retirement.  If I'm not mistaken,  the 5800s lasted exactly 12 years and they were gone before the 1991 RTSs and the 1993 Flxs.

1 minute ago, artthouwill said:

The 6400 series Novas are almost 20 years old. If and when the base order of 109 new buses arrives,  those Novas will be the first to go.  Even if 77th were to get those newest buses first, 77th would have to send other buses elsewhere in replace the Novas at other garages. 

While the majority of 1000s will surely stick around,  the oldest 1000s and possibly the oldest 4000s could be retired depending on how many options CTA chooses to exercise.  It would be prudent to replace older buses when possible.   The reason some buses have lasted 20 years is due to lack of funding for new buses when the older ones were first eligible for retirement.  If I'm not mistaken,  the 5800s lasted exactly 12 years and they were gone before the 1991 RTSs and the 1993 Flxs.

Yea they was they came in 95-08 the flex was being retired by what broke like the Nova's if they blow a trans or motor boneyard to rot they go but if it's some minor it gets fixed like the oldest 1000's now if they blow a trans or motor they mostly with go to the boneyard & become parts buses