More Bus Moves

sw4400

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well #6843 is out on the #15 Jeffery Local, that's a shocker and #8215 is at 77th for some reason It was used yesterday for sure on one of our routes.

1 thing I noticed about 7 when they need a back up bus they go next door & grab a bus from SS to fill in last summer I seen it when I seen 2007 from C running the #3

I'm not sure if these are moves or not but we have about 10 of Kedzies artics stored in one of our bus bays within our garage along with #700. Normally 77th's buses are stored in there respective bays after pulling in for the day but I can only assume that they're being stored there for maintenance.

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

I'm not sure if these are moves or not but we have about 10 of Kedzies artics stored in one of our bus bays within our garage along with #700. Normally 77th's buses are stored in there respective bays after pulling in for the day but I can only assume that they're being stored there for maintenance.

u work out of 77th?

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#1199,#1200,#1210,#1211,#1212,and #1223 have all shifted to kedzie last night which maybe explain the #4000's popping up at 77th late last night. 

What will 77th do with artics? They don't have routes conducive to them.  I suppose sending some to 77th creates space at Kedzie and from a storage standpoint,  77th has plenty of room. 

23 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

What will 77th do with artics? They don't have routes conducive to them.  I suppose sending some to 77th creates space at Kedzie and from a storage standpoint,  77th has plenty of room. 

The best I can say is social distancing because they only had one out this morning on 79th and the Union once again made headlines by sharing pictures of crowded buses on 79th almost a week ago so I can only imagine when I head in this afternoon if not more will be put out in use to the operators that have experience with artics and are willing to operate them. I would also like to add that we have about 10-15 of our own buses oos for various reasons as of late as I've seen a lot more of our #7900's hit the boneyard along with #6400's. #804 has returned to the boneyard after being moved briefly so maybe it may return service I would hope. Southshops has been very busy as of late, I've never seen so many lines of OOS buses that clumped together in one space other than the time I remember seeing retirements of the #7500's and #6000's.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

The best I can say is social distancing because they only had one out this morning on 79th and the Union once again made headlines by sharing pictures of crowded buses on 79th almost a week ago so I can only imagine when I head in this afternoon if not more will be put out in use to the operators that have experience with artics and are willing to operate them. I would also like to add that we have about 10-15 of our own buses oos for various reasons as of late as I've seen a lot more of our #7900's hit the boneyard along with #6400's. #804 has returned to the boneyard after being moved briefly so maybe it may return service I would hope. Southshops has been very busy as of late, I've never seen so many lines of OOS buses that clumped together in one space other than the time I remember seeing retirements of the #7500's and #6000's.

23 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Hide contents

Based on the video. apparently this is a response to the union  in regards to social distance and ridership on the 79th route.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

77th used to have artics regularly as recently as 6yrs ago. But they could use artics on the 2 for sure cause on a regular day that bus be packed. 79 is definitely a route that could use them regularly too as you can see even during these times that route still have a bus full of people. Honestly they could use them for the 3 and 4 as well once things get back to normal. 77th is spoiled tho cause they always get new buses 1st but also when they had artics the operators at the time complained about them on certain routes and had the artics moved from 77th to 103rd in 2013-14. If anybody remember they had the 4333's and up after the Red Line was finished and those buses were used on 79th then. Afterwards those buses were moved to now NP and 77th got 4172-96 but those eventually moved to 103rd to where they are currently. So yea they need artics for that route now and even when things clear up outside in my opinion.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I'd said days earlier this is probably the best time to deploy artics at 77th, mostly for routes 4 and 79 since CTA can actually run schedules around artics and still meet social distancing guidelines. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

77th used to have artics regularly as recently as 6yrs ago. But they could use artics on the 2 for sure cause on a regular day that bus be packed. 79 is definitely a route that could use them regularly too as you can see even during these times that route still have a bus full of people. Honestly they could use them for the 3 and 4 as well once things get back to normal. 77th is spoiled tho cause they always get new buses 1st but also when they had artics the operators at the time complained about them on certain routes and had the artics moved from 77th to 103rd in 2013-14. If anybody remember they had the 4333's and up after the Red Line was finished and those buses were used on 79th then. Afterwards those buses were moved to now NP and 77th got 4172-96 but those eventually moved to 103rd to where they are currently. So yea they need artics for that route now and even when things clear up outside in my opinion.

I think the big issue is they reduced the frequency of the routes with artics, which led to no improvement at all (although I'll never figure out why if the route was busy enough for artics in the first place that reducing the frequency would be the solution). But yeah, the 79 & 4 (and to a lesser extent, the 3) all need artics. I remember that the 2 had artics, but it was more of a mixed fleet. I also don't ride it, so I can't speak on it that well.

15 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I think the big issue is they reduced the frequency of the routes with artics, which led to no improvement at all (although I'll never figure out why if the route was busy enough for artics in the first place that reducing the frequency would be the solution). But yeah, the 79 & 4 (and to a lesser extent, the 3) all need artics. I remember that the 2 had artics, but it was more of a mixed fleet. I also don't ride it, so I can't speak on it that well.

Well I'll give a brief summary of what's going on, so far #4008,#4014-15 and #4021 are currently out ready for service but they're also training operator's on how to drive them today, so I can assume that they will be here for a while. I'm not sure where the other 4-6 #4000's are at currently but they will get used at some point in the next few weeks on certain routes you guys have alluded to. Cottage Grove and 79th could really use a few artics. The only problem is how effective will using artics be? 

19 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well I'll give a brief summary of what's going on, so far #4008,#4014-15 and #4021 are currently out ready for service but they're also training operator's on how to drive them today, so I can assume that they will be here for a while. I'm not sure where the other 4-6 #4000's are at currently but they will get used at some point in the next few weeks on certain routes you guys have alluded to. Cottage Grove and 79th could really use a few artics. The only problem is how effective will using artics be? 

It'll be as effective as they are frequent, based on ridership needs. If the route hasn't seen any drastic drop in ridership, neither should the frequency. However, if they have enough info to match the frequency to the ridership, they way they implemented artics in the past should actually probably work for this scenario

In Baltimore, the route by my aunt's house that uses mostly artics went from every 7-10 mins to every 13-17 and the buses (artic wise) I've seen so far from when we were helping her move out were near or at standing room only, although usually during when rush hour normally is. MTA Maryland is also doing rear door boarding, but all the non-ADA seats are available. Now this route is one of the 17 busiest routes in the city, and before the bus route redesign, I think it was #1 or #2 in terms of ridership. North Ave (which is route runs along) is also basically a wider 79th St east of the ryan and each route serves a similar demographic, so I think its a good enough comparison on paper.