More Bus Moves

sw4400

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ArcherRider said:

I see 103rd bus 1098, 1121,1122, 1155 1166,1169 1183,1189,1190 on Forest Glen routes  cta math22 website this morning and no old nova run this morning.

1790,1796-1803 are back at FG and 1054-1055

did they take all the 6400’s OOS?? or possibly retire em and added bunch of flyers from C K and 103rd

I don't know if COVID-19 has anything to do with this.   With buses and trains being virtually empty, now is a good time to shelve the 6400s since there is no need to risk breakdowns.   CTA seems to have pared down its schedule.   Higher frequency routes should be seeing a reduction in frequency.   The other day I took a Red Line train midday.  The next train NB after mine was 15 minutes later.  Rush hour Green Line trains were at 10 minute frequencies at 5 p.m.  Downtown at 5p.m. yesterday looked more like 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning.   

Considering that there are no schools open, including colleges, and many companies telling people to stay home, the need for maximum peak service isn't there.  Perhaps when things get back to normal,  those buses will go back to 103rd.

6 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I don't know if COVID-19 has anything to do with this.   With buses and trains being virtually empty, now is a good time to shelve the 6400s since there is no need to risk breakdowns.   CTA seems to have pared down its schedule.   Higher frequency routes should be seeing a reduction in frequency.   The other day I took a Red Line train midday.  The next train NB after mine was 15 minutes later.  Rush hour Green Line trains were at 10 minute frequencies at 5 p.m.  Downtown at 5p.m. yesterday looked more like 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning.   

Considering that there are no schools open, including colleges, and many companies telling people to stay home, the need for maximum peak service isn't there.  Perhaps when things get back to normal,  those buses will go back to 103rd.

6681 is at 103rd i’m going by FG soon to see what else we got

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

CTA is doing people a disservice by not annoucing changes to the frequency and schedule if this is the case. If you go to the website, other than all the promo vidoes about cleaning, you would think service is running as usual

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

CTA is doing people a disservice by not annoucing changes to the frequency and schedule if this is the case. If you go to the website, other than all the promo vidoes about cleaning, you would think service is running as usual

In regards to the buses,  I agree.   With regards to the L, CTA can cut back unbeknownst to us.  Most schedules on most lines give a vague frequency most of the day.  For instance,  between 3 and 7p.n , NB Howard trains can be 2 to7 minutes apart.  So even though we're used to the 2 minute intervals at 5 p.m., there's nothing that says CTA can't run 5 or 7 minute intervals at 5 p.m .  St least they are running the normal amount of cars.

56 minutes ago, Mr. Ghost Bus 1722 said:

Just saw #1798 on Lawrence and Kedzie. Meaning it's back at FG and also saw the "C" sticker but couldn't take a picture of it. 

20200319_111632.jpg

1796-1801 are back at FG 1393-1394 have joined the 1388-1392 group and also 1381 and 1383 are back which means most likely tomorrow we will see 1379 1380 1382 pop up or 1374-1378

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

In regards to the buses,  I agree.   With regards to the L, CTA can cut back unbeknownst to us.  Most schedules on most lines give a vague frequency most of the day.  For instance,  between 3 and 7p.n , NB Howard trains can be 2 to7 minutes apart.  So even though we're used to the 2 minute intervals at 5 p.m., there's nothing that says CTA can't run 5 or 7 minute intervals at 5 p.m .  St least they are running the normal amount of cars.

I can see that. Might be beneficial to run longer trains in order to better assist with social distancing, I know that's what WMATA's doing

6 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

They're not doing a disservice because there is virtually no one out there during the peak rush periods, I was on King Drive today and the bus bunching got so bad because nearly everyone was running ahead schedule due to the lack of commuters. I was sort of hoping that they would start holding runs in due to the lack of commuters but that wouldn't make any sense, In regards to the #6400s getting moved and or parked until a later date is interesting because a boat load of Artics left south shops in the past few days while more active #6400's have began to pop up.