More Bus Moves

sw4400

6 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

I'm with that's my best bet but my think is why turn the 6400's into training buses when they are slowly retiring them & they are only at FG unless the new drivers going to FG?

It's pretty much a money saving strategy from what one of my instructors told me, apparently investing into the 6400s for the long run will help keep revenue equipment on the street rather than in the hands of new students. A majority of my time during training we would have to wait an hour or two after the morning rush to get a bus to practice on during instruction time. So having the 6400s as a backup sorta helps both sides in a sense. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

It's pretty much a money saving strategy from what one of my instructors told me, apparently investing into the 6400s for the long run will help keep revenue equipment on the street rather than in the hands of new students. A majority of my time during training we would have to wait an hour or two after the morning rush to get a bus to practice on during instruction time. So having the 6400s as a backup sorta helps both sides in a sense. 

Aw & dam why that long after the rush all the buses come in they start coming in round 8-830 man that is a long time but I see what you saying just that if you not going to FG you still gone need training on the other buses 

46 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Aw & dam why that long after the rush all the buses come in they start coming in round 8-830 man that is a long time but I see what you saying just that if you not going to FG you still gone need training on the other buses 

Here's the thing, CTA wants students to have time operating on a 40 foot bus regardless of the model because at the end of the day each bus handles differently than the next, like for example I've operated #7962 last night and it handled differently than the bus I operated the previous day which was #7910, different break mechanics,drive train,acceleration the whole nine yards. So regardless of the model being able to operate a 40 26,000 pound vehicle safe and confidently is the key to becoming a successful operator. During my training I operated All active 40 models and they all had different feels to them each day. Now in regards to waiting for a bus up to two hours at time after the morning rush is due to several factors, waiting for bus coming off the street for one,going through vault personnel,getting cleaned,getting refueled,going through maintenance etc etc.  

8 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Here's the thing, CTA wants students to have time operating on a 40 foot bus regardless of the model because at the end of the day each bus handles differently than the next, like for example I've operated #7962 last night and it handled differently than the bus I operated the previous day which was #7910, different break mechanics,drive train,acceleration the whole nine yards. So regardless of the model being able to operate a 40 26,000 pound vehicle safe and confidently is the key to becoming a successful operator. During my training I operated All active 40 models and they all had different feels to them each day. Now in regards to waiting for a bus up to two hours at time after the morning rush is due to several factors, waiting for bus coming off the street for one,going through vault personnel,getting cleaned,getting refueled,going through maintenance etc etc.  

Ok bet you put me on game for that for when I also switch to being a bus driver soon do both drive the train & bus which ever one that's needed 

11 minutes ago, BusGuy said:

where is the proof mr.1051? you're always giving us these things and you never provide proof. 

i went all the way back to 1:30pm on cta.maths22.com and searched 1100, nothing popped up besides 1101/1104/1105/1106/1107/1108/1110 in the 110x section

1100 is in fact back in service on the 103.

Screenshot_20200203-152339_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, BusGuy said:

where is the proof mr.1051? you're always giving us these things and you never provide proof. 

i went all the way back to 1:30pm on cta.maths22.com and searched 1100, nothing popped up besides 1101/1104/1105/1106/1107/1108/1110 in the 110x section

yikes man.....check again i posted it because i seen it at 95th left red line at 3:04pm toward pulaski 

5 hours ago, BusGuy said:

My maths22 has been down for days. Wonder why I can’t get in.

7 hours ago, BusGuy said:

@sht6131 i ignore the privacy thing whenever it happens. if you are on a computer, you can click advanced options, and then access maths22. it will say (unsafe), but there is nothing that i know of that is unsafe on maths. that should work when ever that screen pops up.

7 hours ago, BusGuy said:

@sht6131 i ignore the privacy thing whenever it happens. if you are on a computer, you can click advanced options, and then access maths22. it will say (unsafe), but there is nothing that i know of that is unsafe on maths. that should work when ever that screen pops up.

New Flyer #1020 has been sent to shops this morning after doing a run on milwaukee SS-401 from jeff park due to cracks in the window it was wet and snowed back of the bus and the interior sign above the driver didn’t work at it said “NEWT5:30PM” one of my buddy’s that drove it last night had written it up and it got sent this morning