More Bus Moves

sw4400

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I think 7 just go over to SS & get a bus thats ready to go & use it for some runs when they need a bus 

Yeah. At some point I think they decided since 77th always gonna technically have extras since the shops is right there better to have the other garages stocked. I remember 103rd was always borrowing from 77th

On 6/17/2020 at 10:41 AM, NewFlyerMCI said:

Doesn’t FG not have lifts for artics?

No, its only equipped for 40ft buses  Its a smaller facility. But there is land that looks like it belongs to CTA now and could possibly be beneficial for expansion. FG needs a serious updating  They still have a 1950s "ball" logo on the maintnenace side.  

9 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

No, its only equipped for 40ft buses  Its a smaller facility. But there is land that looks like it belongs to CTA now and could possibly be beneficial for expansion. FG needs a serious updating  They still have a 1950s "ball" logo on the maintnenace side.  

Probably cause it was built so close to NP they didn't care for another artic garage so close

4 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Yeah. At some point I think they decided since 77th always gonna technically have extras since the shops is right there better to have the other garages stocked. I remember 103rd was always borrowing from 77th

Thats what I think they do cuz somebody always seeing a bus from another garage on 1 of 7 routes 

21 hours ago, Chammon Moore said:

6734 is on the 156

6772 is on the 60

1645 is on the 3 

6730 is on the 120

I was watching ABC7 news live around 5p  The news camera captured a 6400 series turning onto Blue Island ave  So that tells me it was on the 60!. Did they move them to other facilities???

7 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

i don’t think they are going back since FG got 1589 1594 1597-1599 from K so FG sent em couple 6400’s

Well they got sent a few 6400's when they first took em out of service all the garages had got some 6400's cuz they was helping FG out send then buses since they was down alot but I think they may only time will tell

21 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Today I did the new 52 kedize & I had 6862 I was the last person to drive it before I pulled it in at the end of my shift

That’s dope I remember when they were at 103rd about 7yrs ago I used to ask sign out to let me get 1 of those Novas lol. I had to drive 1 so I could get that bus under my belt as far as buses I drove lol. 103rd used to get them from 74th at the time cause we were short on buses and they would send about 3 or 4 of them over then get them back after rush hour. Now I’m back at 74th and ironically they have old Novas sitting at the garage too. It’s about a good 5 of them too just chillin in the back.

1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

That’s dope I remember when they were at 103rd about 7yrs ago I used to ask sign out to let me get 1 of those Novas lol. I had to drive 1 so I could get that bus under my belt as far as buses I drove lol. 103rd used to get them from 74th at the time cause we were short on buses and they would send about 3 or 4 of them over then get them back after rush hour. Now I’m back at 74th and ironically they have old Novas sitting at the garage too. It’s about a good 5 of them too just chillin in the back.

I wish 77th would get some 6400s again. 

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

pretty sure FG will get those back 

With the way K and NP shed artics to help spread them at the garages that can also actually hold them and all the garages shuffling 40 footers to make that possible, it's pretty doubtful. If that were the case they would have sent them directly to FG with the other 6400s that did go back in service at FG instead of popping up at K, 74th other reported spots other than FG. FG no longer has the room after the adding of extra New Flyers and Smart Bus Novas. Plus Kedzie, 74th and C were going to need buses anyway to help cover the return of beach service now that it did finally go into effect after Mayor Lightfoot reopened stretches of the lakefront. The irony was the 72 had a recent alert of not being able to use the North Avenue Beach terminal due to some flooding in that area. Not a surprising thing on that last part since the mayor referenced how Lake Michigan is a lot higher than it had been recently and I've seen for myself how stretches of that concrete shoreline on the side of Lake Shore Drive between Grand and Oak has been underwater all this previous week and for a number of weeks before that.

31 minutes ago, jajuan said:

With the way K and NP shed artics to help spread them at the garages that can also actually hold them and all the garages shuffling 40 footers to make that possible, it's pretty doubtful. If that were the case they would have sent them directly to FG with the other 6400s that did go back in service at FG instead of popping up at K, 74th other reported spots other than FG. FG no longer has the room after the adding of extra New Flyers and Smart Bus Novas. Plus Kedzie, 74th and C were going to need buses anyway to help cover the return of beach service now that it did finally go into effect after Mayor Lightfoot reopened stretches of the lakefront. The irony was the 72 had a recent alert of not being able to use the North Avenue Beach terminal due to some flooding in that area. Not a surprising thing on that last part since the mayor referenced how Lake Michigan is a lot higher than it had been recently and I've seen for myself how stretches of that concrete shoreline on the side of Lake Shore Drive between Grand and Oak has been underwater all this previous week and for a number of weeks before that.

plus FG got 1589 1594 1597-1599 from K so that’s possibly why they lost 1706 1725 1731 1733 1746 

17 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

plus FG got 1589 1594 1597-1599 from K so that’s possibly why they lost 1706 1725 1731 1733 1746 

One thing I also remembered that we might have forgotten about is that things at Kedzie may even out to a net loss because of the 52 being clipped off at Chicago and Troy and making that portion of California north of Chicago an extension of the 94 for at least the next year.