More Bus Moves

sw4400

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam I hope we don't lose all of are article at K

Well it looks like whatever Kedzie had left is heading for 77th because we just lost a few more of our 40 footers today to make room for more artics. Stickers are getting replaced as well on former NP,103rd and Kedzie Artics.

1 hour ago, Chammon Moore said:

6799 on the 77

6858 on the 76 

6860 on the 92

If these novas are out that must mean they have added protective shields as well. I'm wondering if the remaining portion of the novas will receive shields or will only a handful get them. They're practically 20 years old at this point, why spend the money to add them unless they're a cheap fix for the time being.

1 hour ago, sht6131 said:

Wondering if all these moves are permanent or will be restored back to there original garages after ridership returns to near normal.

For the time being at least at my garage these moves are permanent in regards to the 4000s being at 77th, now time will tell as we advance to phase 4 and 5 of reopening the city because ridership has increased dramatically on the key routes they've been assigned to since we advanced to phase 3. I personally feel it's time to start taking fares again because everyone has taken full advantage of riding the buses for free and the 15 or less rule has just been thrown out the door. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

For the time being at least at my garage these moves are permanent in regards to the 4000s being at 77th, now time will tell as we advance to phase 4 and 5 of reopening the city because ridership has increased dramatically on the key routes they've been assigned to since we advanced to phase 3. I personally feel it's time to start taking fares again because everyone has taken full advantage of riding the buses for free and the 15 or less rule has just been thrown out the door. 

Definitely those last two points. The amount of people I’ve seen riding the bus for 2-4 blocks (and they aren’t all elderly either) has skyrocketed. Took the 3 yesterday from 75th to 55th like I usually do to get on the green line and it took 25 mins, just from frequent stopping. Someone waited with me for 10 mins at 75th just to get off at 71st, they could’ve walked in that time period. 

I’ve still seen some drivers adhere to the 15 or less rule, but then face opposition from both riders of the bus and people outside that got skipped. I’ll have to see what the 79 looks like now that it’s back to normal, since I’ve been doing the 381+386 combo for the last 2-3 weeks.

side note: those intentionally removed from service signs on the pace seats are completely ignored as well 

• Like 1