More Bus Moves

sw4400

Did I miss something? I know I haven't rode a NP bus in a while, but when did upper 1200's come over? Last time there were 1200's at NP, they had 1220's and 1230's, but that was a LONG time ago... 2007 to be exact, as I posted here

You didn't read down far enough, otherwise you would have seen where he said he had his post jumbled and then corrected his mixup.

Also, due to the Cubs' home opener, both NP and Kedzie are operating some of their artics on the #152 Addison. That route is normally operated entirely out of FG during non-rush periods.

In addition, 6825 - a fill-in from 77th - is on the #90 Harlem.

1273 & 1274, & 1275 were 77th buses. I believe they went to F, and 1305 through 1308 went from P to 77th.. I also saw bus 1980 operating on the 8 Halsted.

1980 has been at 77th for a while. I've seen it and 1981 on numerous 77th routes.

I just spotted #4336 working #152 Addison headed toward Lake Shore doing a Cubs run. Run number starts with a "K", so I guess Kedzie is doing Cubs runs also.

Kedzie's been doing Cubs games for three years. The only difference is the Kedzie runs only run in the peak direction, (usually, they pull in and out via Harlem) some of the NP ones run in both directions before and after the game. Last year there was two or three runs #K651, #K652 are the ones I remember. I believe, the runs park outside Wrigley and do a return trip. AFAIK, Kedzie does not do service on the #154.

Kedzie's been doing Cubs games for three years. The only difference is the Kedzie runs only run in the peak direction, (usually, they pull in and out via Harlem) some of the NP ones run in both directions before and after the game. Last year there was two or three runs #K651, #K652 are the ones I remember. I believe, the runs park outside Wrigley and do a return trip. AFAIK, Kedzie does not do service on the #154.

And even with Kedzie doing official runs on the 152 during Cubs season on game days for a few years, Kedzie buses turning up on 152 hadn't been anything new. I remember before the transition was about to get in gear to transfer what MAN Americanas remained at 74th and 103rd to FG to knock the remaining D901s, both Kedzie and NP sent Americanas to FG as loans for weekday 152 service on a rather regular basis I think because the D901s were breaking down a lot there. And yeah some of the NP Americanas were loans as opposed to buses for NP 152 runs because they operated with an F run number instead of P run numbers.

I'm a little off topic here but it looks like they started the "gut rehab" on the 1000 series buses. Yesterday on my way home I spotted a 77th garage bus #1283 to be exact doing the 4. It had the blue interior lights inside with what looked like LED interior lights inside.

Besides what was indicated above, the CTA Contract Opportunities page includes a solicitation for Purchase One Thousand Fifty (1,050) Interior Passenger Lighting Kits (with LED Bulbs) for CTA's 800, 900, & 1000 Series Buses. So, I doubt that that phase is seriously underway yet.

Besides what was indicated above, the CTA Contract Opportunities page includes a solicitation for Purchase One Thousand Fifty (1,050) Interior Passenger Lighting Kits (with LED Bulbs) for CTA's 800, 900, & 1000 Series Buses. So, I doubt that that phase is seriously underway yet.

Could that be indication on CTA's part that the 800s and 900s see some kind of work too? Even though there was never any official statement that the hybrids were going to see work too, I still thought it odd that they would do the diesel NF 40 footers and not touch the 20 hybrids. They are after all about the same age as some of the younger 1000s and all 1000s are getting a rehab and not just the oldest ones.

Could that be indication on CTA's part that the 800s and 900s see some kind of work too? Even though there was never any official statement that the hybrids were going to see work too, I still thought it odd that they would do the diesel NF 40 footers and not touch the 20 hybrids. They are after all about the same age as some of the younger 1000s and all 1000s are getting a rehab and not just the oldest ones.

Probably depends on whether the diesel engine working part time gets the same workout as full time. Also, IIRC, the diesels are smaller (5.7 liter), so wouldn't be under the same specs. Obviously, a transmission rework wouldn't be the same, and the 900s don't even have transmissions.

Probably depends on whether the diesel engine working part time gets the same workout as full time. Also, IIRC, the diesels are smaller (5.7 liter), so wouldn't be under the same specs. Obviously, a transmission rework wouldn't be the same, and the 900s don't even have transmissions.

Thanks. Your report of the solicitation for lighting in all 1050 NF 40 ft buses just caught my eye since my original thinking was that the hybrids wouldn't get too much extensive work done as far as engine rebuilds go for the reasons you just gave.

Looks like they changed some things this year as far as the Kedzie ballgame runs. Kedzie's doing the #154 now, I spotted runs K273, K274, K275, K276, K277 on the #154, with runs K271 and K272 doing the #152 and the #152 runs are doing multiple trips now. In fact most of the #154 runs were Kedzie, the only NP run was P491. As far as #4300's one bus #4346 was doing one of the #154 trips. The rest were #4000's. Seems like Kedzie's doing more of the night game runs and NP is doing more of the day game runs because there were quite a few NP runs yesterday on the #152.

Yeah, that was the only "K" bus I saw yesterday... 4336 working #152. Maybe this is so NP can concentrate more artics on the #22 during Cubs runs.

Bus Tracker doesn't show #154 buses, so there is no way to see what is running that route unless I go to the ballpark or DeVry and look wherever they're parked.

Looks like they changed some things this year as far as the Kedzie ballgame runs. Kedzie's doing the #154 now, I spotted runs K273, K274, K275, K276, K277 on the #154, with runs K271 and K272 doing the #152 and the #152 runs are doing multiple trips now...

These run blocks don't show on Kevin's Kedzie Garage page,(K270 is the highest K2XX number block) but they do(at least number blocks) on the North Park Garage page. I know Spring Picks have or are getting ready to start soon. Maybe #152 and #154 are shared between North Park and Kedzie, at least the Lane Tech/Gordon Tech School runs and Wrigley Field runs as well as the Express service from DeVry. Anyone noticed if the North Park #154's are still P481-P500? North Park #152's are labeled as P201-P260, P261-P270 and P271-P300, which is where the similar K2XX runs are.

Run number blocks are much less relevant today than they were way back when. When runs operate several different routes, it's really difficult to say that a run belongs to any single given route (though one has to be picked for numbering purposes).

When it comes to running extras for a special event, especially when service has to be run out of a different garage than normal due to equipment/manpower availability, the run numbering becomes "whatever isn't already used at that garage."

The Cubs extras from Kedzie were probably given the 270 series run numbers specifically because nothing else was using them when the extras were issued.

Might've been some new changes/swaps at some garages. I caught a NB Damen bus this afternoon... what caught my eye was it was a NOVA. #6573 or #6574 to be exact, I forget the exact last number. Last roster check I have, North Park doesn't have NOVA LFS. Has this changed???

Might've been some new changes/swaps at some garages. I caught a NB Damen bus this afternoon... what caught my eye was it was a NOVA. #6573 or #6574 to be exact, I forget the exact last number. Last roster check I have, North Park doesn't have NOVA LFS. Has this changed???

Tonight, 6573 and 6535 are on the #50, as seen on BusTracker. However, I cannot determine that these are fill-ins/loans or true bus moves at this point.

Tonight, 6573 and 6535 are on the #50, as seen on BusTracker. However, I cannot determine that these are fill-ins/loans or true bus moves at this point.

#6571 was on the #205 yesterday.

This might be enough to prove that North Park does in fact have NOVA's at the garage. Question now is it a straight block of 6535-6573, or some broken up blocks(e.g: 6535-6546, 6565-6573)

Also, due to the Cubs' home opener, both NP and Kedzie are operating some of their artics on the #152 Addison. That route is normally operated entirely out of FG during non-rush periods.

In addition, 6825 - a fill-in from 77th - is on the #90 Harlem.

I'll put 6825 as a "Welcome Back" to #90 since it was a Former FG Nova awhile ago.

This might be enough to prove that North Park does in fact have NOVA's at the garage. Question now is it a straight block of 6535-6573, or some broken up blocks(e.g: 6535-6546, 6565-6573)

I cannot confirm this because Chicago Garage does not currently operate any Novas on weekends. (In fact, Chicago Garage only takes out its Novas on a given weekend day if there aren't enough New Flyers ready for operation due to maintenance issues.) And none of the aforementioned 6500s are on BusTracker today.

I'll put 6825 as a "Welcome Back" to #90 since it was a Former FG Nova awhile ago.

Actually, that was short-lived: FG had 6825 for only a couple of days. Today, it's back on the South Side, running on 79th Street.

I did a quick run through of NP routes with the BusTracker and no NOVA's came up. I don't think 6535, 6573 and 6574 were just loaners, however. One bus maybe, two buses, eh, possible... but three??? I speculate that North Park did get some small blocks of NOVA's again, since they gave up some New Flyers recently in a sort of swap for swap trade.