CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

There isn't much more room to put anything on the Orange Line considering the capacity for the Midway yard is 192 cars.

Well since they removed the last 14-2400 cars there seems to be 'more space'. But to be honest the past two days in the morning the yard has been close to empty, compared to previous days and mornings the yard usually have spares of 2600 and 3200. But today there were about a total of 20 cars: only 1 full set, 1 four car set, and a few married spares on the west side of the yard. Including the Brownage runs and normal Orange runs I don't think CTA is releasing all equipment in the morning especially when there's no train berth for another 3-7 minutes in between departures.

Upon closer inspection, you did photoshop the colored sign onto it...very clever :rolleyes:

but the train is physically there in that picture so it's 3/4 correct, no? The riders are even marvelling at it not ever having seen anything this advanced in this part of town.
  • Upvote 2

hey I know the answer to that. They were all between #5003-#5012. Really!!

They sure were! Too bad the rest of them only had amber signs...*hint hint*

Going back to the transcripts, the picture hides whether the escalator is there. Probably still is. At least consistent with the transcripts, if it is in the middle pocket, somebody has to inspect the doors on both sides.

Going back to the transcripts, the picture hides whether the escalator is there. Probably still is. At least consistent with the transcripts, if it is in the middle pocket, somebody has to inspect the doors on both sides.

SEEMED too good to be true...here's the REAL picture...

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chicago-l.org%2Ftrains%2Fgallery%2Fimages%2F5000mkII%2Fcta5004d.jpg&h=ZAQFE-XVE&s=1

• Upvote 1

Party pooper. :blink::D

Also, you didn't have to go through Facebook, as that only generates a dialog whether one wants to click through to chicago-l.org. I guess Zuckerberg doesn't vouch for everyone.

Party pooper. :blink::D

Also, you didn't have to go through Facebook, as that only generates a dialog whether one wants to click through to chicago-l.org. I guess Zuckerberg doesn't vouch for everyone.

It got the e-mail notification sent to my GMail spam folder too :P silly Facebook...

I've never seen a run number that high ever. But today I was looking at train tracker to see if yesterday was a fluke or if there have been some equipment transfers. But no logical answer. The only assumption that I have is; maybe there was an executive decision with tower control and sent two red line 2600 through the loop and return back to Howard? Because the route maps were still from Red, Purple, & Yellow lines. Also, how high have Red line run numbers been lately, because today the highest that I saw was 937? Is that normal?

937 is a normal run this pick.

Just spotted #2845-46, #2861-62, and #2869-70 all together at the Ashland Yard/Racine Shop.

If I was speculating I'd say with the sighting of these and the pink line ones and #2709-10 at harlem yard, they are scattering these around at the yards. The only thing is the yards are not all #5000's now as they were trying to achieve. Someone could still theoretically hook up the wrong trains.

If I was speculating I'd say with the sighting of these and the pink line ones and #2709-10 at harlem yard, they are scattering these around at the yards. The only thing is the yards are not all #5000's now as they were trying to achieve. Someone could still theoretically hook up the wrong trains.

Even with the bright orange "DO NOT COUPLE TO OTHER SERIES RAILCARS" flags on the ends of the 5000s? :P I can understand maybe the 3200s because they're so similar-looking but I'd think it'd be hard to confuse a 2600 with a 5000...