CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

Corrected..... I'm used to the amber LED bus displays....

But in regards to the LED Next Stop displays in the car, I don't think the 3200's will be getting those. I think only the 5000's(and presumably 7000's) will have those.

There were no orders for them for the 3200s. The 5000s and 7000s have to have them for ADA requirements but they aren't required to put them on older ones.

Hey, nice way to put me underneath the train!!! :lol::P

Whoops! I don't go up to Howard yard that much, so my joke was just a general one. I got no info on Howard Yard right now.

I spotted something weird at Forest Park Yard though. Two Blue Line trains were laid up on the curve by the highway and were positioned so that their last cars were almost lined up with each other. Both of them had their tail lights and red marker lights on, and as I drove closer to them on the highway, I noticed that one set had normal looking tail lights, and the other sets had tail lights that were flickering and dimming. At first I thought it was that weird effect you get when you're moving past a light and looking at it through a fence or something so it flickers. But when I was positive I could see the train clearly, its lights were still flickering. I couldn't tell if the interior lights were doing the same thing since the good train was blocking the view.

Whoops! I don't go up to Howard yard that much, so my joke was just a general one. I got no info on Howard Yard right now.

I spotted something weird at Forest Park Yard though. Two Blue Line trains were laid up on the curve by the highway and were positioned so that their last cars were almost lined up with each other. Both of them had their tail lights and red marker lights on, and as I drove closer to them on the highway, I noticed that one set had normal looking tail lights, and the other sets had tail lights that were flickering and dimming. At first I thought it was that weird effect you get when you're moving past a light and looking at it through a fence or something so it flickers. But when I was positive I could see the train clearly, its lights were still flickering. I couldn't tell if the interior lights were doing the same thing since the good train was blocking the view.

I see that alot when I ride with my mom.

10 southbound and 21 northbound (11 in a 7 1/2 span between Howard and North/Clybourn) Red Line trains. I'm sorry but I find that very appalling and a disgrace..... :(

It's already bad enough to see such segregation on that line.

Sometimes I wonder if the CTA has somehow managed to implement spacetime 4th-dimension teleportation. The trains arrive at one end, unload, and drive into a rift back to the other end...
  • Upvote 2

I don't know if that was sarcasm but very clever of you though!

Mr. Spock is dead, but Brian Greene had a show on quantum physics on Nova supposedly explaining how it could be done. I was not sure whether he beamed you up or just created an alternative you at the destination.