7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

Delays already??? Unreal!

Yes, after 10 minutes the tracker dropped it and I was two miles away too. Maybe it did a relief and the new operator had a problem with the bus. I saw an operator at 74th from FG last week. If that was them, maybe they didn't know how to drive such modern equipment. :P

Oh BTW, #5643, the railcar, had a door cut out going south at Roosevelt. New car too and still no line maps!!

Well here is #8095....

#8095:post-304-0-22693500-1428464138_thumb.png post-304-0-84133600-1428464151_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

Yes, after 10 minutes the tracker dropped it and I was two miles away too. Maybe it did a relief and the new operator had a problem with the bus. I saw an operator at 74th from FG last week. If that was them, maybe they didn't know how to drive such modern equipment. :P

Oh BTW, #5643, the railcar, had a door cut out going south at Roosevelt. New car too and still no line maps!!

Well here is #8095....

#8095:attachicon.gifcta 8095a on 49.PNG attachicon.gifcta 8095 side on 49.PNG

I hope that wasn't the case cause I asked a operator from 77th how they drive and he along with another operator from 74th said they drive just like the old novas lol except smoother of course. They both said if you ever drove a old Nova then the new Novas are just the same basically.

Yeah, basically. But you have to close the shield door or you don't go nowhere. Then you have to be mindful of the chirping seat alarm. It seems more sensitive and it's loud. On the passenger side with this seat configuration in the back like the old fishbowl buses, I find myself not wanting to sit back there and get trapped having to climb over everyone to get off. Probably would've been smarter to have a rear seat configuration like the pace orions, where the rear is longitudinal seating. This bus has alot more forward facing seats than the #6400's. Ever since the #4300's showed up, they seem to be high on forward facing seats on the bus. Don't know why they don't feel like that on the rail cars. Customers are more pleased with a variety of seating than one specific pattern. The #3200's represent this and I like the #5300/#4400 bus seat configuration the best as it represents that too.

I think the interior of the 7900 series is an improvement over that of the 6400s.

That said I still think the bus has too few seats and I find the seats chosen by CTA

to be uncomfortable. One thing I disliked about the 6400s was the reverse seats.

Considering protrusions near the seats over the rear wheels of the 7900,

I suspect there is a TA which has the over the rear wheel seats facing rearward.

I think the interior of the 7900 series is an improvement over that of the 6400s.

That said I still think the bus has too few seats and I find the seats chosen by CTA

to be uncomfortable. One thing I disliked about the 6400s was the reverse seats.

Considering protrusions near the seats over the rear wheels of the 7900,

I suspect there is a TA which has the over the rear wheel seats facing rearward.

I have not yet rode a 7900/8000 personally, but (is it just me?) I found the newer style seats that I sat on (AMSECO InSight and 4One Aries) to be less comfortable than the old standby AMSECO Model 6468 seats. (And the 6468's aren't particularly comfortable to begin with.)

I have not yet rode a 7900/8000 personally, but (is it just me?) I found the newer style seats that I sat on (AMSECO InSight and 4One Aries) to be less comfortable than the old standby AMSECO Model 6468 seats. (And the 6468's aren't particularly comfortable to begin with.)

This week I think I rode four of them on the #9 over the three days that I rode that route this week. It feels good to now be at a point where if a 74th assigned Nova approaches it's now more likely a 7900 series than a it is a 6400. The seats do feel a bit stiffer against a person's back they don't feel too uncomfortable to me.

This week I think I rode four of them on the #9 over the three days that I rode that route this week. It feels good to now be at a point where if a 74th assigned Nova approaches it's now more likely a 7900 series than a it is a 6400. The seats do feel a bit stiffer against a person's back they don't feel too uncomfortable to me.

The seats always felt as if they were on a incline and I could fall at any moment, especially the ones across from the rear door.