8325-series Nova LFS - Deliveries & Assignments

sw4400

On 2/27/2019 at 2:13 AM, fg.mark said:

This might be something important, but both 8347 and 8332 had malfunctioning fare boxes which would not take paper dollars.  Since 103 is closer to SS, the reason for the bus swapping could lie there.  If CTA did not have fully functioning fare boxes for the 8325s, it would make sense to swap them for the fare boxes in the 6400s.  This could be the case because there is no other explanation for 103 to put their sticker in the windshield of 8236 through 8247 if they knew that the buses would be there for only four days.  And for the past few days CTA has been having issues with many buses because the run number boxes show run numbers 992 or 999 or the run number from when the bus was in service a few hours earlier.  

Buses don’t go to the South Shop for farebox repairs. Fareboxes are fixed at the garage the bus is assigned to. 

I'm positive that 8347 had a fare box problem.  If someone tried to insert paper dollars, the driver said to keep it because the fare box wasn't working.  There were about three passengers who were told this on just one trip between Central and Sheridan.  Probably the only functioning fare boxes are those in the 6400's which are still in service and the 18 or so 6400's which were retired when the 8325's were released into revenue service.  

2 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Hey did you happen by any chance to see 8339 as well? That's another bus that hasn't been seen in a while as well.

No didnt see it. Was looking for Proterras. Man how far behind is that order? It's a big order as far as electrics are concerned. They only need the 5 buses but it would be dumb not to build them all just keep the rest for internal testing at proterra. If you think it took awhile for the 8325s to come out these proterras will probably take double that. Cta has even built in infrastructure for the electric charging. I suppose they could just run them out of a charging garage and not run them long range til later.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

No didnt see it. Was looking for Proterras. Man how far behind is that order? It's a big order as far as electrics are concerned. They only need the 5 buses but it would be dumb not to build them all just keep the rest for internal testing at proterra. If you think it took awhile for the 8325s to come out these proterras will probably take double that. Cta has even built in infrastructure for the electric charging. I suppose they could just run them out of a charging garage and not run them long range til later.

Proterra has a backlog of at least a year

https://www.masstransitmag.com/home/press-release/12393848/eb-start-consulting-electric-bus-sales-to-public-transit-agencies-nearly-doubles-in-2017

41 minutes ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

8343-8349 might move FG>103rd so that means 1052-1058 might go to FG <My prediction 

I believe so too but we'll see. I think it would be cool if Chicago and 74th Could send some to 103rd as well since they're both over 100 Novas. Share the wealth lol. The spring pick for the bus side goes in effect March 31st keep your eyes open for more potential bus moves.

Aw the old classic bus swaps coming up would be nice if kedize could switch some new flyers for some Nova's either with C 6 or 7 instead of for some buses they already got but C not giving up 1978-2029 they had them since new in 09 & haven't sent them nowhere only to SS for major work 

16 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I believe so too but we'll see. I think it would be cool if Chicago and 74th Could send some to 103rd as well since they're both over 100 Novas. Share the wealth lol. The spring pick for the bus side goes in effect March 31st keep your eyes open for more potential bus moves.

They are a bunch of fiends they don’t wanna share buses 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Doesn't the higher brass at CTA determine bus moves and loans or is it a garage to garage basis?

That's a good question that I wonder too. If I was to take a stab at it I'd say the moves were based on the decisions of general managers of each garage or perhaps made by people in higher positions. I'll try to find out by asking around ????

• Thanks 1