8325-series Nova LFS - Deliveries & Assignments

sw4400

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Honestly I was thinking why not do the same with 106 and 103 put them into one route and still connect with the red line just like with 95 

That would be quite a deviation, whereas the 95 still stays pretty much on a straight path. Routes 103 and 106 will probably be combined after the Red Line gets extended south.

19 minutes ago, Anthony Devera said:

That would be quite a deviation, whereas the 95 still stays pretty much on a straight path. Routes 103 and 106 will probably be combined after the Red Line gets extended south.

It still makes sense though. It's only 7 blocks, both routes run at pretty much the same frequency and you can probably take off a bus or two (I know for certain the 106 operates with 4 buses max, although it only needs 3 to maintain it's current schedule). In fact, this could also be an opportunity to introduce bus service along Wentworth from 103rd to 95th, for people might be too far away to walk to the train station or 103rd (Wentworth is about a 10 min walk from Michigan)

7 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

How’d you know it was working 95? Lol

Lol cause I'm a operator and I drive that route lol ???. That's pretty much the only route the New Novas dont display correctly. But some of them do show the right sign when heading eastbound to 92nd and Buffalo.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Lol cause I'm a operator and I drive that route lol ???. That's pretty much the only route the New Novas dont display correctly. But some of them do show the right sign when heading eastbound to 92nd and Buffalo.

What's funny is that they're programmed for the 90N. I think I was still living in Chicago last time that route was around

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Everyone’s complaining about 8342 but K has a lot of drivers so it’s going to take some time to train all of them before K can get novas cuz remember K is All flyers no Novas

Naw I ain't tripping about it was just saying since I haven't seen it on the side in a few days 

11 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Oh ok bet then K done with training

I gotta ask the operators I know over there what's going on cause if they're done with training I need to see if they're getting Novas still or no. I'm guessing they decided not to if they sent 8342 back to 103rd. 

2 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I gotta ask the operators I know over there what's going on cause if they're done with training I need to see if they're getting Novas still or no. I'm guessing they decided not to if they sent 8342 back to 103rd. 

Aw ok I don't know any drivers over there now they went to other garages

On 7/25/2019 at 4:55 PM, Mr.cta85 said:

I'm guessing they decided not to if they sent 8342 back to 103rd. 

If K decided not to, then I had to look at its history. If they did prefer old-style boxy buses that nobody makes any more, the CTA might as well close the garage once the D40LFs and DE60LFs begin retirement because they had previously rejected the LFR articulateds after briefly using them. But with no replacement garage in the foreseeable future, the routes Kedzie currently handles would then be reassigned to the six other garages. This could mean that Forest Glen could operate buses as far south as 35th Street.

Note that the above is purely speculation, which may or may not be true. K did run with the 4400-series TMCs almost up until their retirement in 2008.