8325-series Nova LFS - Deliveries & Assignments

sw4400

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

FYI 103rd takes care of their buses 

Yea they do I'm talking bout from the inside all buses from CTA gets beat on no matter how they maintenance then with 3-4 different drivers a day they will eventually be beat up also that's like FG they take care of theirs but the 82-lower& last 83 gone get beat up also

1 hour ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Yea they do I'm talking bout from the inside all buses from CTA gets beat on no matter how they maintenance then with 3-4 different drivers a day they will eventually be beat up also that's like FG they take care of theirs but the 82-lower& last 83 gone get beat up also

FG takes care of their novas and flyers but flyers mostly the only thing they fix on the 6400’s is the basic stuff 

On 8/23/2019 at 10:00 AM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

103rd novas aren’t pulled from service it’s only FG probably they are sending them to 103rd for fall pick

It makes sense that one garage gets all 25 of the 8325s.  I always thought that FG should be that garage,  but we know that 103rd garage had some headlines concerning drivers being attacked.   For that reason they received some Novas.  I suppose FG won't miss 7 Novas, as some haven't seen any of those yet.

The question is whether FG will get any additional 7900s if/when C and 74th get their Proterras.  I don't know if CTA can get any more funding, but they need to get some more new buses to eliminate the 6400s altogether,  even if they have to piggyback on another agency's order.  The only other alternative is to get those extra artics rolling on some more P routes and send New Flyers to F.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

It makes sense that one garage gets all 25 of the 8325s.  I always thought that FG should be that garage,  but we know that 103rd garage had some headlines concerning drivers being attacked.   For that reason they received some Novas.  I suppose FG won't miss 7 Novas, as some haven't seen any of those yet.

The question is whether FG will get any additional 7900s if/when C and 74th get their Proterras.  I don't know if CTA can get any more funding, but they need to get some more new buses to eliminate the 6400s altogether,  even if they have to piggyback on another agency's order.  The only other alternative is to get those extra artics rolling on some more P routes and send New Flyers to F.

I mean C did steal some 8200’s from FG they are yet to return those but I don’t think they will since FG got 1374-1379 last year from C but C been stole some 8200’s for couple years now but we will see when these porterras show up

20 hours ago, artthouwill said:

If indeed 103rd is getting all the #8325's why am I not surprised. Fg has the oldest 1000s the oldest buses 6400s and when it does get new buses it loses half of them anyway. I wouldnt be surprised if fg Loses the 8200s for the 7900s at 77th. Then they can truly have all the old buses. It probably will happen when I dont know but here we are again those buses probably have lower miles than the 7900s and the south side powers that be are most likely licking there chops. Fg might not be gaining anything in the fall pick they should be losing 54a. That is your 7 buses. It's just the same old song and dance.

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

If indeed 103rd is getting all the #8325's why am I not surprised. Fg has the oldest 1000s the oldest buses 6400s and when it does get new buses it loses half of them anyway. I wouldnt be surprised if fg Loses the 8200s for the 7900s at 77th. Then they can truly have all the old buses. It probably will happen when I dont know but here we are again those buses probably have lower miles than the 7900s and the south side powers that be are most likely licking there chops. Fg might not be gaining anything in the fall pick they should be losing 54a. That is your 7 buses. It's just the same old song and dance.

As bad as it seems 103rd along with 77th isn't that far behind when it comes to having the oldest NF's aside from FG and possibly losing 7 more newer novas is a bad look in the short term but in the long run was it really a big loss? 

20 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

I mean C did steal some 8200’s from FG they are yet to return those but I don’t think they will since FG got 1374-1379 last year from C but C been stole some 8200’s for couple years now but we will see when these porterras show up

Yea C  got then 82's cuz 2 reasons I say to test them hard seats & cuz for some reason they sent all the 41's they had back to 3 & P if they had of kept them I it would have just been 7 & 6 that stole the 82's from em 

51 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Yea C  got then 82's cuz 2 reasons I say to test them hard seats & cuz for some reason they sent all the 41's they had back to 3 & P if they had of kept them I it would have just been 7 & 6 that stole the 82's from em 

With the 8200’s and 8300’s (not the 8325’s) it is a permanent move now because FG C and 74th and 77th been having the same novas for a while and it ain’t going anywhere beside FG’s 8325’s moving probably because they aren’t in service anymore only 103rd’s are out

3 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

With the 8200’s and 8300’s (not the 8325’s) it is a permanent move now because FG C and 74th and 77th been having the same novas for a while and it ain’t going anywhere beside FG’s 8325’s moving probably because they aren’t in service anymore only 103rd’s are out

Dam it's some going on there 

3 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Looks like 8345 8346 8348 are back at FG idk about the rest 

#8343-#8349 were always there to begin with, they were just kept oos for whatever reason after the air & water show. If they got transferred Mr.cta85 would of been the first to let us know of the possible moves.

13 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

I like how they tinted the windows on the 8325 + but they didn't tint the fronts it would look so cold with them tinted also

If you're talking about the front windshield then that wouldn't work out lol. I rode 1 before in the night time and you can barely see out the windows so for the operator that wouldn't be a good look to say the least lol. That's probably the only negative thing I can say about the 8325's honestly ??.

16 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

If you're talking about the front windshield then that wouldn't work out lol. I rode 1 before in the night time and you can barely see out the windows so for the operator that wouldn't be a good look to say the least lol. That's probably the only negative thing I can say about the 8325's honestly ??.

Aw dam cuz I was thinking like when my wife had her truck tinted even the whole windshield it was still the same view but you got a point different drivers different visions some may be able to see just fine others my not