CTA New Bus Order 2020

Tcmetro

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

they’re used on heavy routes with crap ton of potholes (ex: 79)

what if they bring back some flyers that were on LTH?

Depends if it’s worth it. It’s not about just rough streets it’s the sheer amount of service 77th puts out. It Has less routes assigned than 103rd but yet the routes it DOES have are heavy trunk lines which means it’s fleet never gets the rest it needs.

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam 1344 only got 10k miles along withthe others with lower miles

Yeah like I said there's a mix bag of buses here that are in good shape while others need some major work but that goes for all garages not just 77th. Not to throw one garage under the bus lol but whenever I go along the southern fence on 79th I see nothing but 74th and Kedzie fleet numbers over there, rarely do I see any other garage other than 77th with buses sitting over there. 

48 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Depends if it’s worth it. It’s not about just rough streets it’s the sheer amount of service 77th puts out. It Has less routes assigned than 103rd but yet the routes it DOES have are heavy trunk lines which means it’s fleet never gets the rest it needs.

Yeah you're right about that, what I have noticed though is the 1000s we do have currently get a majority of there downtime on the weekend's especially Saturday's and then the #7900s get there downtime on Sunday's with the #4000s becoming the workhorse of Cottage Grove,79th and 87th the #1000s have been evenly spread throughout the routes which is good for the high mileage ones. In regards to the bus order though which garage would get first dibs on whatever CTA decides to go with as far as manufacturers are concerned? 

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

1711 has been gone for a while too and I didn't know 1716 had lots of problems I seen that one run a lot recently.

Yeah that's becauee it just came back this week after being defucnt for almost a month. It had a lot of issues this past summer and has the similar history of what #6759 was going through.

2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

they’re used on heavy routes with crap ton of potholes (ex: 79)

what if they bring back some flyers that were on LTH?

Would you bring this bus back from LTH after letting it sit for several months like this? It's more valuable as a parts bus than anything now and highly unlikely to be in that 430 rehab plan so.....you get where I'm going with this ????

20201017_155016.jpg

20201017_155052.jpg

20201017_155003.jpg

10 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah you're right about that, what I have noticed though is the 1000s we do have currently get a majority of there downtime on the weekend's especially Saturday's and then the #7900s get there downtime on Sunday's with the #4000s becoming the workhorse of Cottage Grove,79th and 87th the #1000s have been evenly spread throughout the routes which is good for the high mileage ones. In regards to the bus order though which garage would get first dibs on whatever CTA decides to go with as far as manufacturers are concerned? 

7 gone get the first dibs they get the first of every bus order cta gets then pass em down when they get new buses like how they did the 6400's & the 10's 

7 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Would you bring this bus back from LTH after letting it sit for several months like this? It's more valuable as a parts bus than anything now and highly unlikely to be in that 430 rehab plan so.....you get where I'm going with this ????

20201017_155016.jpg

20201017_155052.jpg

20201017_155003.jpg

I remember 1245 running out of K & FG now she just sit & rots

9 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah that's becauee it just came back this week after being defucnt for almost a month. It had a lot of issues this past summer and has the similar history of what #6759 was going through.

Wow, so that means it's been breaking down a lot in the summer. When it isn't in South Shops, watching a video from the summer, it seems it's in normal condition and doesn't seem like there any problems there, so that's surprising.

5 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Wow, so that means it's been breaking down a lot in the summer. When it isn't in South Shops, watching a video from the summer, it seems it's in normal condition and doesn't seem like there any problems there, so that's surprising.

Yeah I remember seeing in it the boneyard one time in late July then it was getting worked on the next day to be released then a few weeks later around mid August it was getting towed back to the boneyard. Recently it was southshops sitting on the westend of the building by itself for almost a month until getting worker on yet again. Certain lemons like that have to be monitored by us becuase information like that will come in handy once retirements do start.

17 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah I remember seeing in the boneyard one time in late July then it was getting worked on the next day to be released then a few weeks later around mid August it was getting towed back to the boneyard to the boneyard. Recently it was southshops sitting on the westend of the building by itself for almost a month until getting worker on yet again. Certain lemons like that have to be monitored by us becuase information like that will come in handy once retirements do start.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Hopefully it won't have to keep coming to South shops a lot this year so it probably gets some more active time. Another unit that hasn't been in service for a long time is 1711, do you got any info on that bus?

On 1/2/2021 at 3:58 PM, Sam92 said:

Most likely they’d keep the 1000s with the lowest miles and rehab them while they replace the others in the 600 option

The first 600 #1000's are older 2006 models, the last 400 are newer. I think the #1900's are 08's or 09's. Most likely NF won the contract, Nova would take 4 years to deliver 600 buses. NF could deliver in half that time. Nova does better on 400 bus orders.

On 1/2/2021 at 3:58 PM, Sam92 said:

Most likely they’d keep the 1000s with the lowest miles and rehab them while they replace the others in the 600 option

I pray to God New Flyer gets the contract. I like the Novas but New Flyer are in most cases still the preferred bus Operators including myself tend to pick.

2 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I pray to God New Flyer gets the contract. I like the Novas but New Flyer are in most cases still the preferred bus Operators including myself tend to pick.

I think I was 7 years when the NOVAs first came. I was a freshman when new flyers first came to 103rd and popped up by my house on 95E. Things got weird that brief moment 77th have their 4000s to 103rd and excess would pop up on 95E pretty often

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 11:37 PM, YoungBusLover said:

20201017_155016.jpg

20201017_155052.jpg

20201017_155003.jpg

Wow, looks like last summer was rough on this one.

On 1/3/2021 at 8:47 AM, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea it happened in sept-nov

Nah earlier. Try March-April during the beginning of spring pick changes when Kedzie,103rd, and NP contributed artics to help facilitate artics returning to Chicago and 77th so that CTA could even the artics back out again as part of CTA's COVID-19 response of the bus side of operations. I've been riding buses from lower band of current NP 1300s on the 22, 136 and 147 since last spring. And remember that it was you and I who were having that of whether all the artics NP gave up would return in the summer. And I pointed out to you that not many reassigned artics would be returning to NP any time soon with pandemic related passenger limits on buses still in place for the foreseeable future. That in fact turned out to be the case since the only artics that did return to NP were a few of the diesels that had gone to 103rd for a while during the period that the remaining operable 6400 series on temporary hold to receive shields to help protect any drivers of that model from the virus. 

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

Nah earlier. Try March-April during the beginning of spring pick changes when Kedzie,103rd, and NP contributed artics to help facilitate artics returning to Chicago and 77th so that CTA could even the artics back out again as part of CTA's COVID-19 response of the bus side of operations. I've been riding buses from lower band of current NP 1300s on the 22, 136 and 147 since last spring. And remember that it was you and I who were having that of whether all the artics NP gave up would return in the summer. And I pointed out to you that not many reassigned artics would be returning to NP any time soon with pandemic related passenger limits on buses still in place for the foreseeable future. That in fact turned out to be the case since the only artics that did return to NP were a few of the diesels that had gone to 103rd for a while during the period that the remaining operable 6400 series on temporary hold to receive shields to help protect any drivers of that model from the virus. 

Ah, so do Chicago and 77th still have their artics?

3 hours ago, jajuan said:

Yea I remember that you was right cuz us at K only got a few artics back