More Bus Moves

sw4400

In terms of 6688, it could have been operating that weekday run out of 74th on the reported run that does one round trip on the 29 State and one round trip on the 62 Archer. 6688 has been operating out of 74th lately from what I've seen. My most recent sighting of it was on 49 Western as a 74th run instead of a North Park run. See my post from last week reporting it on 49 with a 74th run number but still having its 'P' garage sticker.

I spoke to a NP Bus Operator who stopped into my store a few days ago, and asked him how he was adjusting to the new buses(he was on leave for a while), and he said he was getting used to them. He said he had #1988 on #36. I asked him if he meant #1980, but he said it was #1988. Could Chicago Garage have given some of their Allison Transmission New Flyers to North Park???

I spoke to a NP Bus Operator who stopped into my store a few days ago, and asked him how he was adjusting to the new buses(he was on leave for a while), and he said he was getting used to them. He said he had #1988 on #36. I asked him if he meant #1980, but he said it was #1988. Could Chicago Garage have given some of their Allison Transmission New Flyers to North Park???

Having ridden on 1981-2029 several times on Fullerton and Diversey, I can say that they have higher passenger capacity because of the greater amount of standing room, so maybe they're being transferred to routes that need more capacity, and those routes happen to operate out of North Park.

So does 103rd Garage also take care of #151 now? Cause this morning I saw a NF 40 footer from that garage traveling southbound on #151 at Michigan and Washington.

Still basically shared between P and K (Belmont shorts) however:-

C operates M-F Fullerton 7:51, 8:00, 8:18, 8:26, 8:38; Union Stn 15:16, 15:40, 16:16 to Belmont

103rd M-F Briar 8:21 SB

77th M-F Briar 8:42 SB

F M-F Fullerton 9:01, 9:29 SB

So spotting the one 103rd journey was quite rare!

I'm on bustracker and i just sighted #1547 on the #71

Last I checked, #1547 is/was a 74th bus. Also, #71 is shared between 77th and 103rd. #1547 is likely on loan to either of these two garages.

On another note, it is a bit unusual to see a NP Nova on any NP-only route. This PM rush I sighted #6692 (plus a 74th Nova, #6471) on the #36 Broadway. Usually the NP Novas are on those #49 Western runs run by NP.

Last I checked, #1547 is/was a 74th bus. Also, #71 is shared between 77th and 103rd. #1547 is likely on loan to either of these two garages.

On another note, it is a bit unusual to see a NP Nova on any NP-only route. This PM rush I sighted #6692 (plus a 74th Nova, #6471) on the #36 Broadway. Usually the NP Novas are on those #49 Western runs run by NP.

Thats not unusual. I see Nova's on the 22, 36, 151, and 136 at least a few times a week.

Thats not unusual. I see Nova's on the 22, 36, 151, and 136 at least a few times a week.

What I meant by "unusual" is that NP has only 20 Novas based there (6689-6708). And many of them end up on the 49.

6688 initially went to NP after the closure of Archer Garage, but was recently transferred to 74th. 6708 initially went to FG before being transferred to NP.

This morning, I spotted NF #1253 on Bishop Exp (I-94) Southbound towards 111th St Exit with "103rd Garage" destination sign. That bus was from 77th. I don't know rather it was on it's way to do Route #34 from Altgeld Gargens or Peak Hour of Route#108 from Hegewisch South Shore Station.

This morning, I spotted NF #1253 on Bishop Exp (I-94) Southbound towards 111th St Exit with "103rd Garage" destination sign. That bus was from 77th. I don't know rather it was on it's way to do Route #34 from Altgeld Gargens or Peak Hour of Route#108 from Hegewisch South Shore Station.

#1253-1256 have been at the 103rd Garage since the cuts

#1253-1256 have been at the 103rd Garage since the cuts

Yes. The cuts brought about quite a bit of odd mixing in numerical sequencing in bus assignments among the 1000s. From 77th, 1248-1252 went to Kedzie and 1257-1260 went to FG. Kedzie also gained 1345-1360s from Chicago and the 1370s lower than 1377 from NP.

It is option 1. FG needed some buses the last 2 days for extra service.

Confirmed. #1666 is on the #126 (a K route) today.

And as I have seen, the #94 is shared between C and 74. The #54B is also technically shared between these same two garages, but most of the runs are from C. The latter situation explains the following relief point:

This past 12-noon today, I've spotted NF #2009 on 69th/ Ashland working #67 route Eastbound, That bus belongs to Chi Garage. Is Chicago sending some of their latest 1000s to 74th or what?

Thus, the sighting of #2009 on the #67 is certainly an interline with the #54B; both the #54B and the #67 have their South and West terminals, respectively, at the Ford City shopping complex. It is very unusual for runs from a primarily C route to interline with an almost exclusively 74th route using C equipment; more frequently, the #67 runs are interlined with the #54B using 74th equipment.

Confirmed. #1666 is on the #126 (a K route) today.

And as I have seen, the #94 is shared between C and 74. The #54B is also technically shared between these same two garages, but most of the runs are from C. The latter situation explains the following relief point:

Thus, the sighting of #2009 on the #67 is certainly an interline with the #54B; both the #54B and the #67 have their South and West terminals, respectively, at the Ford City shopping complex. It is very unusual for runs from a primarily C route to interline with an almost exclusively 74th route using C equipment; more frequently, the #67 runs are interlined with the #54B using 74th equipment.

With all of this strange interlining, no CTA driver should have an excuse for not knowing any route outside of his/her home garage.

With all of this strange interlining, no CTA driver should have an excuse for not knowing any route outside of his/her home garage.

That blanket generalization can't necessarily be made based on the interlining since most of the interlining occurs with routes that share the same terminal, and those routes/runs generally are from the same garage. For example I've observed 7 and 126 (both from Kedzie) interline in off peak hours; the routes at 95th terminal have all kinds of interlines going and are mainly operated by 103rd; 57 and 73 have an interline going, as do 74 and 65; various Jeff Pk routes from FG have an interline; and so on. Plus that interline of the 54B and 67 mentioned is between the 54B 74th garage runs and the 67. 2009 could have been a borrowed bus. I will agree with you though that there needs to be a better of knowledge of routes outside of an operators home garage that intersect or operate in the same area of that operator's normal runs. Keep in mind there's a lot more sharing of routes between garages. So the route sharing would be a better impetus for knowing routes outside the home garage. Not the interlining.