7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

1 hour ago, sw4400 said:

They've had parts since 2002 there.

My only point was that since both CTA and Pace went to limiting series at garages, the only justification given* was that it simplified parts inventories. The other 6 garages don't need any stinking parts for 15 year old Novas.

*At least implied by Huberman when he posted Powerpoints about parts kits at the time Archer went all Nova.

14 minutes ago, Busjack said:

My only point was that since both CTA and Pace went to limiting series at garages, the only justification given* was that it simplified parts inventories. The other 6 garages don't need any stinking parts for 15 year old Novas.

*At least implied by Huberman when he posted Powerpoints about parts kits at the time Archer went all Nova.

Well, I would think that simple parts for the Novas might be at all garages. If, for example, a Nova has a mechanical failure and is closer to say, North Park than Forest Glen, they can do a short tow to North Park and if it's something minor, repair the defective part there rather than do a longer tow back to Forest Glen. Likewise, Forest Glen probably still has parts for the D40LF's, maybe even the DE40LF's. The only exception would be the artics and the XE40's, which would only be at artic-assigned garages and Kedzie and South Shops(for the XE40's).

13 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

Forest Glen probably still has parts for the D40LF's, maybe even the DE40LF's. ...

I don't think that's likely, or else the inventory control would be meaningless. Also, there doesn't seem to be buses from any other garage near FG (although some FG buses go into other garages' territory).

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I don't think that's likely, or else the inventory control would be meaningless. Also, there doesn't seem to be buses from any other garage near FG (although some FG buses go into other garages' territory).

You beat me to saying this very thing.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 3:45 PM, artthouwill said:

The biggest news will be where 8200 goes.

We'll know the answer to that after 21 more buses come into Chicago. Still not thoroughly convinced about FG 100%..... I got a feeling of false hope up there. Some monkey wrench will be thrown into the plan, like 74th, 77th and Chicago splitting the 125 remaining buses, or 103rd getting 8200-8324. I could be wrong, and FG may be getting them, but it's been too much Oooh!!!!:O:) and Awwww!!!:O:( at Armstrong Ave. since the 50-60 New Flyers were given to 77th a few years ago.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Dawnlight said:

Or they could do what Pace did with 6323 and bring 7900 to FG as a training bus and to serve as a preview for what's to come.

As indicated by sw, history indicates they will get a C bus. Maybe one of the 818xs go there, or maybe they just wait for 8200.

At the time, 6323 or some other W bus was all that Pace could send to NW/

I don't know what's the deal about this training bus barrage but it's becoming very unsubstantiating. If Forest Glen wanted a training bus then they should've got that established when #7900 and #7901 arrived two years ago. Has anybody forgotten that there's an additional 125 of them coming??? There's too much speculation going on but there's no official word on behalf of assignments. Can we please focus on the rest of the delivery because this is really getting out of hand. 

18 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

Can we please focus on the rest of the delivery because this is really getting out of hand. 

You're one of those in charge, but on the other hand, if there were not room for speculation with some basis in fact, there wouldn't be a forum.;SxD

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Busjack said:

You're one of those in charge, but on the other hand, if there were not room for speculation with some basis in fact, there wouldn't be a forum.;SxD

Besides it pertains to the #7900's, so I don't see the harm in it. (It's just 3 posts) At least we're not off topic!! :P

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

59 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Besides it pertains to the #7900's, so I don't see the harm in it. (It's just 3 posts) At least we're not off topic!! :P

Really guys????

On 2/15/2016 at 1:16 PM, sw4400 said:

They should. Before 6757-6883 arrived, 6712 was used as the training bus.

I remember driving #6712 and #6758 as training buses there on the 54A. I got to be first operator of #6800 the day it arrived. Stilll had plastic wrapping and no farebox. When I came back from lunch two hours later I was assigned to it for the afternoon trip. 

It looks as if all but a handful of Chicago Avenue's 8100s haven't been operating for the past few days,  except for the recent arrivals.  Could there be a safety issue warranting a fix?   

Also:  Despite the absence of 50-plus buses,  C seems to have been able to handle its evening rush-hour runs without any loaners.  Must still be an awful lot of bloat at certain garages.

On 2/17/2016 at 6:58 PM, wordguy said:

It looks as if all but a handful of Chicago Avenue's 8100s haven't been operating for the past few days,  except for the recent arrivals.  Could there be a safety issue warranting a fix?   

Also:  Despite the absence of 50-plus buses,  C seems to have been able to handle its evening rush-hour runs without any loaners.  Must still be an awful lot of bloat at certain garages.

On 4/22/2015 at 11:06 PM, sw4400 said:

Thank you for mentioning who this was, BusHunter.... Garmon757.....https://youtu.be/cNX_wGyKhmM

He who steps into shots of Chicago Transit Forum members gets to hear these immortal words....

Saw one on the Metra to Chicago Car Show shuttle yesterday. That may explain where some of them have gone.