7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

8176 is at SS, they just keep moving it different places. Was against fence facing 79th yesterday. 

Well, we have to keep an eye on it because I've been out there for 5 straight days and saw nothing new.

By the way, I really tweaked because I forgot that I did report #8176 being at the shop a few weeks ago. What I meant to say that it was on hold and not on CTA grounds not "yet to reach CTA grounds". Sorry for the confusion. 

Well, we have to keep an eye on it because I've been out there for 5 straight days and saw nothing new.

By the way, I really tweaked because I forgot that I did report #8176 being at the shop a few weeks ago. What I meant to say that it was on hold and not on CTA grounds not "yet to reach CTA grounds". Sorry for the confusion. 

Yeah we know what you mean't. :P South Shops is CTA ground. o.O I recall reading myself that you said it was at south shops when they all came in, so I was like huh??? o.OxD But i never double checked what you said and just took it for granted you were right. It is strange though Novabus didn't hold a bus back. How will they know what exact specs are in the bus if they don't have one example of the completed bus?

• Upvote 1

Yeah we know what you mean't. :P South Shops is CTA ground. o.O I recall reading myself that you said it was at south shops when they all came in, so I was like huh??? o.OxD But i never double checked what you said and just took it for granted you were right. It is strange though Novabus didn't hold a bus back. How will they know what exact specs are in the bus if they don't have one example of the completed bus?

They have demonstrators, and from the way the Q&A was to the CTA specs, they don't conform to the usual Nova ones (or New Flyer ones, either). But why would Nova have to keep a sample, anyway? Part of the specs is giving CTA a complete parts list. Part of the NABI suit was that NABI didn't.

• Upvote 1

Now lets not doubt NovaBus. I'm pretty sure they have them. My concern is, what gives with the final 23 on behalf of the 8100s? Something isn't adding up with this scenario.

Now lets not doubt NovaBus. I'm pretty sure they have them. My concern is, what gives with the final 23 on behalf of the 8100s? Something isn't adding up with this scenario.

Well if you look at the date, it's November 16th, 2015. Thanksgiving is in 10 days, no doubt Nova is doing very light manufacturing right now and little to no transfers of new buses from Plattsburgh to the TA's destination city. They'll resume a full schedule probably on 11/30/15 until 12/11/15 and go back to light manufacturing and little to no transfers of new buses until 1/4/16 or 1/5/16.

Well if you look at the date, it's November 16th, 2015. Thanksgiving is in 10 days, no doubt Nova is doing very light manufacturing right now and little to no transfers of new buses from Plattsburgh to the TA's destination city. They'll resume a full schedule probably on 11/30/15 until 12/11/15 and go back to light manufacturing and little to no transfers of new buses until 1/4/16 or 1/5/16.

The budget says the 23 buses are not due until spring, so my take on that is Novabus does not want to set up the assembly line for 23 buses, but instead for 23 buses and the option. They'll all probably come together next year. 

Someone please remind CTA5750 that Forest Park yard  in the WEST suburb of Forest Park has the same equipment and that is also on the Blue Line that runs through the WEST SIDE of the city.  Forest Glen also operates the 85 and 91 routes which run through the WEST SIDE of the city.  Also the Orange Line now runs majority 2600 series equipment through the SOUTHWEST SIDE of the city.

As the ARcher garage was once all 6400s before its closing, and 74th along with FG was all 6000 Flxs before receiving 1000s that were initially not slated for that garage, this says more about management intentions concerning fleet management rather than political or discriminatory practices. 

Besides, these "new" buses are still Novas.  I promise you you're not missing much, but next year, which is only 2 months away, you will start getting your wish.

Thank you Art. I've made similar points several times over yet some of us want to keep ignoring that and stick with this fantasy that FG and the far NW side exist in some invisible bubble to be singled out for the entirety of CTA's older equipment which keeps getting debunked. One other thing that that keeps getting ignored is that at the time of the first 1000s joining the fleet, a majority of the 40 foot fleet was retirement age junk, and FFGwas stocked with still relatively new 6400s at 4yrs old at the time as well as 6000s taken from Kedzie in place of Fg's crappy junk 5300s.

• Upvote 2

Thank you Art. I've made similar points several times over yet some of us want to keep ignoring that and stick with this fantasy that FG and the far NW side exist in some invisible bubble to be singled out for the entirety of CTA's older equipment which keeps getting debunked. One other thing that that keeps getting ignored is that at the time of the first 1000s joining the fleet, a majority of the 40 foot fleet was retirement age junk, and FFGwas stocked with still relatively new 6400s at 4yrs old at the time as well as 6000s taken from Kedzie in place of Fg's crappy junk 5300s.

Yeah but Fg is working on 3 years with all old buses. 74th had the same scenario, but it was only a year before it changed. The sending of #6800's to 74th and putting even older buses up north just put salt in our wounds up here. Hopefully that gets changed next year. If not the fix is in!!

On 11/20/2015, 12:21:33, BusHunter said:

Yeah but Fg is working on 3 years with all old buses. 74th had the same scenario, but it was only a year before it changed. The sending of #6800's to 74th and putting even older buses up north just put salt in our wounds up here. Hopefully that gets changed next year. If not the fix is in!!

And that's understood, yet also has been acknowledged several times over (though I think the count might be closer to 2 years though it may feel like 3 as the big 77th Garage Nova purge was February of last year and FG had 1000s before that still). That still doesn't change my past observations or Art's current ones that debunk the premise that FG and the far NW side are singled out for CTA's oldest equipment. How about everyone let the deliveries of the 8200s unfold before jumping to call conspiracy. Not only that, everyone remember this the next time another 74th type situation happens on the south and west sides like initially happened with the 6000s and everyone poo pooed the thoughts that that situation was wrong when 74th wasn't even going to get 1000s at all, which soon changed to they were only going to get 30 and no more after about that number of 6000s died suddenly beyond any feasible means to keep repairing them. 

• Upvote 2