7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

Prevost is part of Nova Bus is I'm not mistaking.

Other way around (see the contracts payment report), but...

Yeah, Volvo bought both companies and owns them both, but you would think Prevost handles the tour bus side of the industry there, but it is also reported they make parts. So maybe they needed a part.

The parts operation is Prevost Parts. for both transit and motor coach. Includes the model NovaBus.

Also, as I indicated with respect to the NF and former NABI parts operations, the Prevost supplier list consists of parts from all sorts of suppliers.

Before they can start to roll on CTA streets, the following will be needed to be done:

• Installation of farebox and Ventra reader
  • Installation and testing of Bustracker GPS System
  • City sticker and license plates(I believe the CTA has these ahead of time, so they can be put on when the buses arrive)
  • Basic shop test(testing of equipment to check for flaws/issues)

How quickly this all gets done, probably a couple weeks.

#8155 #8157 #8159 #8160 #8162 and #8163 have arrived.

#8065 is undergoing maintenance inside the shop were the 1000s are being rehabbed and upgraded.

Update: Whoa!!! #8141 was never in service and parked at the shop with the rest of the newer ones!!! 

Thanks for the heads up on #8141. I was looking for it here and there on my vacation via busfinder and never did see it, but I was really busy and couldn't track it as much as I wanted to. So it would appear they have 14 new buses at south shops now. We may just see some enter service towards the middle to end of the week if we are lucky. I doubt they would want to be stuck with 20 buses next weekend.

Thanks for the heads up on #8141. I was looking for it here and there on my vacation via busfinder and never did see it, but I was really busy and couldn't track it as much as I wanted to. So it would appear they have 14 new buses at south shops now. We may just see some enter service towards the middle to end of the week if we are lucky. I doubt they would want to be stuck with 20 buses next weekend.

I'm guessing by the end of this week or next Monday for some of them including #8150 and #8152. Too many misconceptions about the delivery being delayed though. That last 51 might be in service before December I'm hoping.

I'm guessing by the end of this week or next Monday for some of them including #8150 and #8152. Too many misconceptions about the delivery being delayed though. That last 51 might be in service before December I'm hoping.

Oh yeah, easily by December, they are already built at the factory so it's just a matter of delivery, but we still won't be positively sure about the last 23 until someone spots them. If they do 7 buses a week it's only going to take them another 5 weeks to deliver all 50. Cta should have those all out in 7-8 weeks, so maybe around Thanksgiving. By winter pick we should know what #6400's will roll on until next May at FG.

Oh yeah, easily by December, they are already built at the factory so it's just a matter of delivery, but we still won't be positively sure about the last 23 until someone spots them. If they do 7 buses a week it's only going to take them another 5 weeks to deliver all 50. Cta should have those all out in 7-8 weeks, so maybe around Thanksgiving. By winter pick we should know what #6400's will roll on until next May at FG.

We shall see mate.

Looks like relatively light front end damage.... it shouldn't be too long before it is put back in service(a couple of months tops), but of course that all depends on any legal holds(for injuries/fatalities, insurance companies)

• Upvote 2

Okay, lets not get too excited on this BUT....while travelling north on the Edens this morning (11:00 am) I spotted a new Nova headed

southbound on Cicero between Wilson and Lawrence. It appeared in service as the destination sign DID NOT have

Not In Service. I have no idea what the number was on the bus, but if indeed it was in service it would have had to

be a 54A by the location.

Okay, lets not get too excited on this BUT....while travelling north on the Edens this morning (11:00 am) I spotted a new Nova headed

southbound on Cicero between Wilson and Lawrence. It appeared in service as the destination sign DID NOT have

Not In Service. I have no idea what the number was on the bus, but if indeed it was in service it would have had to

Only problem with that is that the #54A runs only until 10AM. I saw something weird myself today. i saw a 4 car #5000 consist heading towards Midway on the orange line out of service. Maybe it was going there for some reason or it was training. This was about 6:45pm around the federal junction. There was a out of service brownage that was ahead of it by two trains, but i don't think it was a brownage as they run alot of out of service trains light along the orange line around that time.

Not even holding my breath.... 54A is run by Forest Glen, not Chicago..... no chance of 7900's there until maybe...... maybe 2016 if 8200-8324 are heading there.

Not even holding my breath.... 54A is run by Forest Glen, not Chicago..... no chance of 7900's there until maybe...... maybe 2016 if 8200-8324 are heading there.

As I live near FG.  Ill take a peek over there today.  Same here! Im not holding my breath either!  But its worth a look!