Jump to content
sw4400

The Breakdown Thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Well 1962 has been in a crash with a car 

E3819738-BE38-4BAB-8CCA-10FCB4045BD7.jpeg

thats pretty minor compared to other head on crashes like the one on madison that one sunday morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 2:46 PM, Aiden Tabucic said:

Well 1962 has been in a crash with a car 

E3819738-BE38-4BAB-8CCA-10FCB4045BD7.jpeg

It look like it can be repaired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is first accident i've ever been on and the bus itself from my initial thoughts while on-board took some major damage but after getting off and seeing the aftermath I was surprised to say the least. The car is obviously totaled and the driver of the car I hope gets charged for failing to yield to on-coming traffic among other things, he was ok but very shaken by the entire ordeal.Everybody on-board which was about nine of us were ok but highly upset at the driver of the car. The irony of this entire incident is the ad wrap itself.

20190215_171526.jpg

20190215_171920.jpg

20190215_171934.jpg

20190215_171531.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

This is first accident i've ever been on and the bus itself from my initial thoughts while on-board took some major damage but after getting off and seeing the aftermath I was surprised to say the least. The car is obviously totaled and the driver of the car I hope gets charged for failing to yield to on-coming traffic among other things, he was ok but very shaken by the entire ordeal.Everybody on-board which was about nine of us were ok but highly upset at the driver of the car. The irony of this entire incident is the ad wrap itself.

I can’t tell how the accident happened from the pictures. Did the car try to beat the bus through the intersection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

I can’t tell how the accident happened from the pictures. Did the car try to beat the bus through the intersection?

The driver of the car literally wanted to play a game of chicken with the driver of the bus to see who would stop first even though Ashland is a main street and 90th is a side street, we were already in the flow of traffic moving at about 30 mph or so at that point, everything happened within a split second. The bus operator couldn't believe along with the rest of the passengers that the driver would just pull out to on-coming traffic the way he did but then again he was 20 so young and dumb was my first assessment, however 90th and Ashland is a hot-spot for bad drivers not yielding to on-coming traffic on Ashland. Its even worse during rush hour because most drivers on 90th don't like waiting for traffic to clear before proceeding through the intersection so it creates a lot of tense moments. Another irony I forgot to mention is the driver of the car bought the car an hour before the accident only to crash in front of the dealership on the corner. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't top the most recent three responses. :ph34r:

But, I was on 6871 [a ghost bus] on #77 Belmont earlier today. We passed a sitting, flashing 1804 also on Belmont (& Kilpatrick). I'm pretty certain this one will be remedied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 7:07 PM, pudgym29 said:

I can't top the most recent three responses. :ph34r:

But, I was on 6871 [a ghost bus] on #77 Belmont earlier today. We passed a sitting, flashing 1804 also on Belmont (& Kilpatrick). I'm pretty certain this one will be remedied.

1804 is on the 74, so it is back in service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×