More Bus Moves

sw4400

7 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Yeah I just saw that they updated it finally thanks though. Let me know what you find if anything right now it looks like 77th either won’t keep artics at all or only use them on cottage vs 79th if they do keep them. I feel like 4 never really had issues like that with them especially since operators on the 4 get permission to ignore the schedule to make it to their layover at some point comepared to other routes that were using artics that didn’t have that sort of padding in the schedule. Only other route out of 77th that has that kind of permission might be king drive or halsted I have to go back and check 

43 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

tbh i feel like the 4 never follows the schedule it’s a really long route if u think bout it

What I've been preaching for months about has finally happened here at 77th, the only routes that need artics but not to many are the 4 and 79, the schedules in terms of frequency remain the same but the runs have decreased on certain routes. Quite a few operators we're running hot the last few picks  and it to a tipping point where the union had to get on us about it because it was getting out of control on certain streets. When I had the 4 during the winter pick my follower would always run hot on my tail and that was during peak hours with 8 to 10 min headways so I can only imagine how things have progressed since then, I usually stay on Halsted and for the most part its easy to stay on schedule if you know what you're doing out there but that's with any route to be honest. 

41 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

been wondering what happen to u u post damn near everyday lmao

Yea sing so started school back in May now I'm in my second class ive been busy with that cta been having me busy my girl & daughter my parts business cuz business been booming plus I've been watching some that happened 2 weeks ago

6 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

4189 15: Jeffery Local SS -151 1 (103rd) This is just confusing to look at.

A return from SS to the home garage. All of them have them worked into the schedule. There was a 28 run hooked in. SS-152. Kedzie had SS 252 which was a Jackson run I forgot off hand what the other garages use I wanna say 91 or 56 for FG

#1924 and #1926 are at the glen again. Maybe cta should spread those 1900s around chicago has alot of newer buses do they really need or use them. I see alot of times on the tracker they are not using them. Soon the 15 electrics should come in and now we are talking about 7 million value of more electrics so what is that another 10 buses. Really they should put them at all the garages even if it means kedzie does half of #66. The operators need to get the experience of driving them. You know they could use them then on the #124. If 77th and 74th shared 63 they could start weaning them on the #79. See what I'm saying.

15 hours ago, Sam92 said:

A return from SS to the home garage. All of them have them worked into the schedule. There was a 28 run hooked in. SS-152. Kedzie had SS 252 which was a Jackson run I forgot off hand what the other garages use I wanna say 91 or 56 for FG

Yeah I get the interline aspect I was just confused at the time of day it was on the 15 late night. 

3 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Also looks like 77th slowed down on moving artics out so maybe they might keep what they have left. There’s been moves all week so if they really were in a hurry they could’ve been gotten the last 30 or so out 

Yeah so far I've counted 31-32 that remain here and a good majority are the oldest #4000s. I think having 30 is good to spread them out on the 4 and 79, lately I've seen far less on 87th which is a good sign. On certain days I normally see 15 or more on 79th while the rest are spread out on the 4 and 87. 

Examples shown below were taken on the 24th. You can see where the concentration is at for them which is good to see. Every now and then you'll see a few on King Drive and Halsted but that's only if the operator requests for one. I know a few that request for them during the week specifically for king drive pm trips.

Screenshot_20210624-153104_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210624-153112_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210624-153127_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

#1924 and #1926 are at the glen again. Maybe cta should spread those 1900s around chicago has alot of newer buses do they really need or use them. I see alot of times on the tracker they are not using them. Soon the 15 electrics should come in and now we are talking about 7 million value of more electrics so what is that another 10 buses. Really they should put them at all the garages even if it means kedzie does half of #66. The operators need to get the experience of driving them. You know they could use them then on the #124. If 77th and 74th shared 63 they could start weaning them on the #79. See what I'm saying.

You might be on to something, even though retirements are still a few years out,spreading the 1900s out could work or you could ship them all off to FG to start retiring the oldest #1000s that they do have. If 77th shares the 63 with 74th you'll see a circus arise out of that with the amount of call offs?????. 63rd after about 5 or 6 in the evening is a ghost town for buses.

4 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Pay attention to some of these new interlines cause they might give a hint. I see a lot of LSD interlines changed up a bit (148 now shares an X49 run and a 93) and some 147s that would’ve been a 135 or 136 do something else. 

Yeah a good example I spotted yesterday was an artic on the 147 during PM rush that sported NP run number 908, which is a run number for the 97 Skokie.