More Bus Moves

sw4400

Just now, renardo870 said:

I didn't realize 1161 was at FG. I had a feeling about 1507since some 1500s been rolling on NP routes for some time now

Yeah it's fine, when the remaining #6400s were pulled from service FG was given whatever was available at the time, when NP received some of 74ths #1500s for some mid #1300s at first I thought it was mileage switch which did make the most sense but then novas were pulled an shuffling began to occur among Kedzie,103rd,77th,74th and NP.

45 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

If I were at 74th,  I would prefer not using 6400s,  but if i had to, I would keep them on short and light routes like the 48, 44, and maybe the 75.

35 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

I miss them on the 75.

Excuse you, don't 6400 my 75. If anything, we need more 7900s and more buses in general, I'll glady sacrifice 12.5/10 AC for more frequent service, smh

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

If I were at 74th,  I would prefer not using 6400s,  but if i had to, I would keep them on short and light routes like the 48, 44, and maybe the 75.

They've seem to have done well so far at NP and 103rd,#6882 has been everywhere since arriving there a week ago outside of #6686 and #6675. It all comes down to the operators having experience with them and management actually using them because having them sit for this long kind of defeats the purpose of them being there in the first place. If they're not out by the Fall Pick I'd send them to SS or to NP and 103rd, the same goes for Kedzie and Chicago. 

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Excuse you, don't 6400 my 75. If anything, we need more 7900s and more buses in general, I'll glady sacrifice 12.5/10 AC for more frequent service, smh

I was just saying there is nothing wrong with missing a bus that used to run routes they used to run on, no need to come at me in a rude way.?

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

To be honest all garages should be doing that as actively as possible if they have old equipment. I still content that that’s why all the novas got sent to FG with them only having Milwaukee as a route that racks up deadmilage. They seem to be being more careful with keeping new equipment on the heavy lines similar to how the 5000s are pretty much where they are needed. Blue just needs a rebuild to handle new cars otherwise the 5000s could’ve easily gone to Blue, Brown, Orange and pink; all 3200s on the red with the 2600s staying on the green, purple and yellow. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

To be honest all garages should be doing that as actively as possible if they have old equipment. I still content that that’s why all the novas got sent to FG with them only having Milwaukee as a route that racks up deadmilage. They seem to be being more careful with keeping new equipment on the heavy lines similar to how the 5000s are pretty much where they are needed. Blue just needs a rebuild to handle new cars otherwise the 5000s could’ve easily gone to Blue, Brown, Orange and pink; all 3200s on the red with the 2600s staying on the green, purple and yellow. 

I actually wouldn't put the 56 near the top of the list in terms of dead-heading. Every trip returning from downtown can run in service, or if they need to deadhead, there's the expressway. Otoh, I would definitely put the 206 up there. Maybe the UofC routes and the 52A/53A as well