More Bus Moves

sw4400

9 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I actually wouldn't put the 56 near the top of the list in terms of dead-heading. Every trip returning from downtown can run in service, or if they need to deadhead, there's the expressway. Otoh, I would definitely put the 206 up there. Maybe the UofC routes and the 52A/53A as well

Deadheading as in the amount of routes and buses deadheading at the glen is relatively low with only peak 56 trips using long deadheads on the expressway. Everywhere else  has multiple routes that have to make long hikes back and forth downtown to put rush hour service in position. Forest glen at the most you’re taking the streets back to the garage and coming from JP. That’s what I meant when I said it makes sense to keep older equipment at the glen do to the fact that their buses don’t work too hard/stay near the garage also 103rd makes sense since you can use old equipment on 100, 103, 106, 112, 111, 115 and 111A/interline them. 

4 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Deadheading as in the amount of routes and buses deadheading at the glen is relatively low with only peak 56 trips using long deadheads on the expressway. Everywhere else  has multiple routes that have to make long hikes back and forth downtown to put rush hour service in position. Forest glen at the most you’re taking the streets back to the garage and coming from JP. That’s what I meant when I said it makes sense to keep older equipment at the glen do to the fact that their buses don’t work too hard/stay near the garage also 103rd makes sense since you can use old equipment on 100, 103, 106, 112, 111, 115 and 111A/interline them. 

Ah, I misunderstood, gotcha

24 minutes ago, Policeman said:

1318/1344/1369/7958 77th to Chicago. All on the 72.

1318    72: North    72 -810    5 (Chicago)
1344    72: North    72 -810    5 (Chicago)
1369    72: North    72 -810    5 (Chicago)
7958    72: North    72 -808    5 (Chicago)

All of them are air and water show

And this while da Bears are playing  ( and losing) a preseason game at Soldier Field.

2 hours ago, Policeman said:

1318/1344/1369/7958 77th to Chicago. All on the 72.

1318    72: North    72 -810    5 (Chicago)
1344    72: North    72 -810    5 (Chicago)
1369    72: North    72 -810    5 (Chicago)
7958    72: North    72 -808    5 (Chicago)

All of them are air and water show

In total there was about 13 of our buses down there to help out. I had 1318 today and just pulled in not to long ago. Doing a trip on North Ave was like doing a trip on Ashland. Just so much congestion all over the place. The service gaps after my trip were massive going back east. 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

In total there was about 13 of our buses down there to help out. I had 1318 today and just pulled in not to long ago. Doing a trip on North Ave was like doing a trip on Ashland. Just so much congestion all over the place. The service gaps after my trip were massive going back east. 

So were you temporarily assigned to chicago for the day and given a Chicago run? I see you showing up as a Chicago block ID 

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

And this while da Bears are playing  ( and losing) a preseason game at Soldier Field.

5 hours ago, Policeman said:

They always lose lol

I think you are thinking about the Cubs, and they also played today at Wrigley  ( and lost).  A busy day for CTA between the Air & Water Show. Bears Football,  and Cuba Baseball going on at the same time. 

3 hours ago, Sam92 said:

So were you temporarily assigned to chicago for the day and given a Chicago run? I see you showing up as a Chicago block ID 

Basically were still assigned to 77th but we're helping them out for the day via supervisions instructions. 77th had there own run numbers for the event but I guess they still showed up as Chicago Block IDs on maths ?.

6 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Basically were still assigned to 77th but we're helping them out for the day via supervisions instructions. 77th had there own run numbers for the event but I guess they still showed up as Chicago Block IDs on maths ?.

Ahh. I wonder if that’s the case with the North Park artics showing on the tracker with F450 IDs during school and ball game. So I’m guessing you were using the last run number of some 77th route you guys did on the bus itself ?

3 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Ahh. I wonder if that’s the case with the North Park artics showing on the tracker with F450 IDs during school and ball game. So I’m guessing you were using the last run number of some 77th route you guys did on the bus itself ?

Not necessarily, the runs started off as a trip NB on Halsted to Division then dead heading WB towards California to start a trip heading EB on North Ave to stage at Clark for the return trip back WB to Harlem after the event concluded. The run numbers themselves ranged from 145-158 and they were custom made just for the A&W show.  Sometimes you'll see 7D show up in some of the run boxes if the run doesn't register properly with the Clever Device. 

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I think you are thinking about the Cubs, and they also played today at Wrigley  ( and lost).  A busy day for CTA between the Air & Water Show. Bears Football,  and Cuba Baseball going on at the same time. 

No I actually meant Mitch Tribisky recent former Bear.

9 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Not necessarily, the runs started off as a trip NB on Halsted to Division then dead heading WB towards California to start a trip heading EB on North Ave to stage at Clark for the return trip back WB to Harlem after the event concluded. The run numbers themselves ranged from 145-158 and they were custom made just for the A&W show.  Sometimes you'll see 7D show up in some of the run boxes if the run doesn't register properly with the Clever Device. 

Oh wow. Custom is right too cause I see 77th doesn’t even have a route with. 7100 as a bracket unless 31st or the #1 uses those ??  must be an easy day sitting till the shows over 

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

in

16 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Cool bro you did the 72 you was right by my stomping grounds near north ave & Linder 

21 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

No wonder why I seen a few 1300s out of 77th on Chicago garage routes?

10 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Oh wow. Custom is right too cause I see 77th doesn’t even have a route with. 7100 as a bracket unless 31st or the #1 uses those ??  must be an easy day sitting till the shows over 

Yeah our regular 100 bracket consists of the Number 1,2 and sometimes 3,4,8,and 79. Mainly they're trippers for the AM/PM rush. They range from 101-135 for the summer pick right now. 31st consists of the 750-760 bracket. You'll see routes like 31st,43rd and 51st of those run numbers with other routes sprinkled in here and there.

8 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Cool bro you did the 72 you was right by my stomping grounds near north ave & Linder 

Yessir if I ever did end up at Chicago ave I'd probably try and get my hands on North Ave. It reminds me of a better version of what 79th should look like. ???

3 hours ago, NovaBusFan said:

No wonder why I seen a few 1300s out of 77th on Chicago garage routes?

Yup. You'll see that from time to time. Pre-Pandemic there would be more buses getting used for the A&W show. This year there was only 23 extras used on North Ave and about 15 extras used on the 151. 

• Haha 1