More Bus Moves

sw4400

Do they store a lot in those attics??? :P:lol:

This chicagobus.org outtake is brought you by "That Damn Spellchecker!!!" ©. Ever wanted to tell that special someone in your life you love them, but when you text it to them, it says "I loathe you." Blame it on "That Damn Spellchecker!!!" ©. Then buy some roses and a nice "I'm Sorry" card to make up for the typo.

Sorry. "Attics" is a typo. "Artics" is what I meant to type.

This is off the topic, but what garages serves 67 chicago, I see alot of artics on it today. 4395, 4385, 4109. 4069, etc. Looks like a coupke garages

Chicago is route 66, it operates from Chicago garage and most of the posts on pages 102 & 103 are about artics moving to Chicago from North Park, 103rd and 77th for the 66 from the winter pick last Sunday.

Has 4170 been back in service yet? Its been MIA for a while now and was even said to possibly be at 103rd (haven't seen it on their routes but after the prediction about Chicago gaining 103rd's unwrapped 4000's coming true [albeit half a year later :lol:] I'm not writing it off as too out of ordinary)

#4170 is out on the #146 right now so it's currently at np.

It looks like with this pick the Stony Island/63rd short trips on the 6 have been expanded into the weekdays. At this present time in the early part of the afternoon, half the trips on the 6 start and end at 63rd and the other half are full trips between downtown and 79th/Lake Shore. A look at the schedule, shows that every other trip in either direction during the weekday midday hours are short trips.

I always wondered why they ran all 6's to 79th in the rush when the #26 travels the trips on south shore. The reverse commute seems pretty dead on the south end. That would be the only riders it would get then anyway as most would prefer a speedy trip on lake shore drive versus a tour of hyde park.

I always wondered why they ran all 6's to 79th in the rush when the #26 travels the trips on south shore. The reverse commute seems pretty dead on the south end. That would be the only riders it would get then anyway as most would prefer a speedy trip on lake shore drive versus a tour of hyde park.

Well all the rush hour trips on the 6 are still full trips to 79th so looks like they're going to keep you wondering. Those weekday short trips are only during the midday from about 10:50 AM to about 2:30 in the afternoon. Plus keep in mind not everyone who rides the 6 is getting off in the heart of Hyde Park (which justifies only going to 63rd at certain times) or in South Shore . They're also riding to points in between 63rd and 79th. On a similar point, not every passenger of the 26 is riding solely to or from South Shore, otherwise that route wouldn't extend all the way to 106th Street.

1261 showing up on the 148 this evening.

Interesting. I guess that this one could be either a loaner or a ressignment. In the meantime, 1262-65 are still being tracked on FG routes. They could be moved within the next day or two. Maybe, maybe not.

FG did receive 15 Novas from Chicago Ave., (6498-6512) but three or four randomly-numbered Nova loaners seem to have been returned (including 6497). Also, at least 5 Optimas were reassigned to 77th (500, 502, 504, & 518-19). So unless the FG roster needed beefing up, maybe a few more 1260s could be ready to travel to NP. Just speculating.

A couple more updates:

As mentioned in the previous post, 77th is now home to at least five Optimas.

Three were assigned to Wentworth this evening: 502, 504, & 519. (I hadn't realized that Wentworth was that light).

Another was used on 43rd: 500.

Kedzie received a dribble of low 1330s from the Chicago garage.

1332 was tracked on Blue Island-26th & 1334 operated on a short-turn Sheridan run to Belmont-Halsted. Meanwhile 1329 hasn't been moved from the Chicago barn. (Yet?)

An interesting observation for today. Looks like 103rd figured travel into downtown would be light, given that it's Christmas Eve, because the 6 is operating with no artics today. All buses on it today are 1000 series NFs. All the other artic garages Kedzie, NP, 77th, and the newly so equipped Chicago are following fairly close to normal artic route patterns from what I can see.

I don't know if you guys are paying attention about what I'm about to say. These last few days I've been seeing the format of the run numbers have changed. Normally it's formatted as 5XXX, KXXX, 1XXX, 7XXX, etc. Now I saw them as 05XX, 0KXX, 0FXX, etc. I'm trying to figure out what's going on about that.

An interesting observation for today. Looks like 103rd figured travel into downtown would be light, given that it's Christmas Eve, because the 6 is operating with no artics today. All buses on it today are 1000 series NFs. All the other artic garages Kedzie, NP, 77th, and the newly so equipped Chicago are following fairly close to normal artic route patterns from what I can see.

4312, 4313, and 4315 are on the #6 right now.

Well after 103rd had most of what artics it didn't use on the J14 parked and ran the 6 mostly with 1000s yesterday, today on the Christmas holiday itself NP has all its artics parked so far this morning running the 22, 146, 147 and 151 with 1000s only. I thought maybe something weather-related was going on that led to a decision to park the artics at all the garages. But all the other artic garages have their usual Sunday/holiday operating patterns in place. Looks like with it being Christmas Day, NP is under the very understandable impression that not so many people will travel downtown since so many places will be closed. Seems 103rd may have had it a little backward in going all artic on the 6 today and using only about four on the route yesterday. Today would have been a better day for a decision to not use as many artics.

Well after 103rd had most of what artics it didn't use on the J14 parked and ran the 6 mostly with 1000s yesterday, today on the Christmas holiday itself NP has all its artics parked so far this morning running the 22, 146, 147 and 151 with 1000s only. I thought maybe something weather-related was going on that led to a decision to park the artics at all the garages. But all the other artic garages have their usual Sunday/holiday operating patterns in place. Looks like with it being Christmas Day, NP is under the very understandable impression that not so many people will travel downtown since so many places will be closed. Seems 103rd may have had it a little backward in going all artic on the 6 today and using only about four on the route yesterday. Today would have been a better day for a decision to not use as many artics.

That's what I observed, as well. On the #66, for example, all except one bus this Christmas morning have been artics.

In addition, during rush periods on weekdays (as I observed yesterday), Chicago Garage has been (so far) using a few of its artics on selected east-west routes that it operates (in addition to the #66): #65 (Grand), #72 (North Ave), #74 (Fullerton) and #76 (Diversey).

Kedzie is still running artics on 151 Sheridan (Belmont).

Sorry I did not capture a screenshot of Bus Tracker, but I am more than sure of what I saw was 4391. I tried looking for evidence of other moves, but even 4392 was on the 66 earlier, and no sign of 4390 from my searching efforts earlier today. I doubt 4391 will pop up Saturday due to reduced service intervals, but I'll be on the lookout.

As for now I can only conclude it was a loaner, albeit an interesting one imo.

Maybe that particular operator signed in wrong at that time yesterday but 4391 was physically on the 65 Grand during the time frame mentioned. That has happened before where BusTracker shows one thing and physical observations show some something else. I was on 1925 on the 22 Clark one time for example and the Tracker showed it as one of the 1700s that was one an entirely different route at that same time.