More New Flyers

newport

Not Necessarily true. Consider Pace's 6000z Oriins which ends at 6161 and NABIs that start with 6162 & end at 6321. Their new Eldorados start at 6323, so even though CTAs past history would suggest a new number series for the different models, Pace has taught us the same set of numbers can.be used in two different models. CTA had 9000 series and 9600 series GM fishbowls that ended with 9799, then the Flyers came and started at 9800. Thus 4300 thru 4332 could be the hybrids and 4333 thru 4399 could be the clean diesels. The question is what will they do if/when the next set of artics arrive?

And those Orions that CTA Acquired from Pace in 2005 were numbered 4915-4927

103rd now have some 4300's I saw one pull in earlier and once I finished my route I saw about a good 8 to 10 of em parked looks like they'll be in service real soon I also got a chance to get a look inside they are some nice buses I must say. Can't wait to drive them ;)

Hmmm funny i dont see any at 103rd can you tell me what bay i miss?

Hmmm funny i dont see any at 103rd can you tell me what bay i miss?

Lol I don't know how you could've missed them, but they were passed the 1st part (for a lack of better words) starting with bay 44 as soon as you go passed that 1st wall that divides the sections they're right in that area I guess starting with 39 facing the opposite direction they're lined up in a row of 2's.

103rd now have some 4300's I saw one pull in earlier and once I finished my route I saw about a good 8 to 10 of em parked looks like they'll be in service real soon I also got a chance to get a look inside they are some nice buses I must say. Can't wait to drive them ;)

Are they longtitutional like 4150-4207?

Surprisingly no I thought that would be the standard seating for future buses but they're seated like the 40fters where the wheel chair space is across from each other unlike the 4000 artics are longitude seating.

Good. The longitudinal seating bit is quite annoying. I like to be able to see my stop coming without the impression I'm staring into the face of the person seated next to me.

Why are you stuck on Huberman's questionable 2 for 3 proposal? That's TWO CTA presidents ago. Not to mention the idea such as it is, is to decrease the crowds and decrease intervals on the heavier routes and route segments, not hold roughly the same crowds by throwing artics on a route for the excuse of increasing bus intervals. You're proposing in the wrong direction.

You're not seeing the big picture. If you put bigger buses on the routes you will most likely not be a@@es to elbows with your fellow rider and you enable more buses to be available for other routes. In time this will probably happen but first they have to get the buses. As far as why #4333 is showing up both buses are being manufactured as part of the same dual bus spec order. Most likely the hybrids are awaiting parts or another delay. Because of that we shouldn't expect buses to be delivered in order. Although I am surprised that the buses are not longitudinal. Maybe all the negative feedback is finally getting through.

You're not seeing the big picture. If you put bigger buses on the routes you will most likely not be a@@es to elbows with your fellow rider and you enable more buses to be available for other routes. In time this will probably happen but first they have to get the buses. As far as why #4333 is showing up both buses are being manufactured as part of the same dual bus spec order. Most likely the hybrids are awaiting parts or another delay. Because of that we shouldn't expect buses to be delivered in order. Although I am surprised that the buses are not longitudinal. Maybe all the negative feedback is finally getting through.

The problem with your argument though is that the CTA Board said one of the purposes of the crowd reduction plan is to use what they have from existing resources to DECREASE the length of time between buses not INCREASE them as the 2 for 3 plan would do. So as I state you're proposing in the wrong direction. Yes you can still put bigger buses on the routes under their plan but their premise wouldn't be so you can have an excuse to create longer headways when they stipulated that they want them smaller on the busy routes.

The problem with your argument though is that the CTA Board said one of the purposes of the crowd reduction plan is to use what they have from existing resources to DECREASE the length of time between buses not INCREASE them as the 2 for 3 plan would do. So as I state you're proposing in the wrong direction. Yes you can still put bigger buses on the routes under their plan but their premise wouldn't be so you can have an excuse to create longer headways when they stipulated that they want them smaller on the busy routes.

I still take it that they destroyed the headways in 2010, by reducing service 20%, and possibly corrected some now. However, it at least decrowds some routes if an artic. replaces a 40 foot bus. That's what I thought the theory for the additional 50-150 was, in that the Huberman 3 buses for 4 had already been implemented by Rodriguez, without increasing capacity of any vehicle (or simply stated, they got rid of the 6000s without the 140 artics in the phantom order).

I still take it that they destroyed the headways in 2010, by reducing service 20%, and possibly corrected some now. However, it at least decrowds some routes if an artic. replaces a 40 foot bus. That's what I thought the theory for the additional 50-150 was, in that the Huberman 3 buses for 4 had already been implemented by Rodriguez, without increasing capacity of any vehicle (or simply stated, they got rid of the 6000s without the 140 artics in the phantom order).

That's my point. If the idea of eliminating some routes or route segments was to be able to put MORE buses on the busier routes in the system, why would they then go with the excuse now we're using bigger buses on some or all of these trips so let's now decrease the number of buses on them instead of increase that number like we told the public we were doing when we cut service in other areas?

here's where i found it

Well Kevin just mentioned the 4300s are operating in manual mode. So as I mentioned that operator used an incorrect destination code because X28 is eliminated and no longer exists as a separate route from the 28. All express runs for Stony Island should now be marked as 28 Stony Island with a destination '28 to UNION STATION' northbound and '28 to OLIVE HARVEY' southbound.