More New Flyers

newport

The D60LFR shown here has just two small A/C units, one in the front half and one in the back half. The DE60LFR roof pods in the 4300-series photo on flickr look just like the E60LFR, photographed here.

Nice pics but I don't think that's what ChicagoNova was getting at. Those pics show obvious differences in the roof equipment. His post mentioned that the pods, whether they were AC units on one or battery packs on another, on the roofs of some of the diesel models were looking like those on the hybrids.

Nice pics but I don't think that's what ChicagoNova was getting at. Those pics show obvious differences in the roof equipment. His post mentioned that the pods, whether they were AC units on one or battery packs on another, on the roofs of some of the diesel models were looking like those on the hybrids.

jajuan is right. Here are the links:

New Flyer DE60LFR http://www.flickr.co...s-78918787@N08/

New Flyer D60LFR http://www.flickr.co...and/5434677041/

jajuan is right. Here are the links:

New Flyer DE60LFR http://www.flickr.co...s-78918787@N08/

New Flyer D60LFR http://www.flickr.co...and/5434677041/

So those sides aren't even roof pods, but just a sidewall of some sort that has nothing to do with the A/C or roof pods... odd design, but I guess it has something to do with the New Flyer "Restyled" design.

Awesome!! We're they in service?? Or we're they all dead heading somewhere?

Um that's great news. Maybe CTA is scheduling a press appearance or they are preparing them for Jeffrey Jump wraps or they may be done programming them and preparing to shuffle the buses to the new refurbished garages.

Chicago, 79th, NP, 103rd

Awesome!! We're they in service?? Or we're they all dead heading somewhere?

Nowhere yet. And NF1994, no garage has been reported refurbished yet. The refurbishments had been reported as coming over the next couple of years as I recall from CTA's press releases in connection with their reporting on the bid taking for 425-450 total new buses with 100-150 to be artic buses with the rest 40 foot standards in addition to media news stories on the same.

Saw about 6 or 7 4300s sitting at 77th in the lots facing 79th among the other buses last night

I wouldn't expect to see them on any route until a press conference is called about them. Every single new series of bus has had a press conference so Forrest Claypool and Rham Emanuel can make a song and dance about how the bus is more environmentally friendly, kneels down and scoops up the passenger in a fist, etc... just general b.s that we already know about the bus. The 1000's, 800 and 900's, 500's, 4000's, they've all had press conferences. Even 4150-4207 had a announcement by then president Richard Rodriguez.

I wouldn't expect to see them on any route until a press conference is called about them. Every single new series of bus has had a press conference so Forrest Claypool and Rham Emanuel can make a song and dance about how the bus is more environmentally friendly, kneels down and scoops up the passenger in a fist, etc... just general b.s that we already know about the bus. The 1000's, 800 and 900's, 500's, 4000's, they've all had press conferences. Even 4150-4207 had a announcement by then president Richard Rodriguez.

Looks like the press may happen very soon then with 10 of them here already

I drove past 77th Garage after work to get a glimpse of the new 4300 series and I gotta say it was quite a few I saw about 6 of them facing 79th with like 10 more further away facing the opposite direction. Can't wait till some come to 103rd so I can get my spin on them lol.

that confirms that 16 of 33 are here

I drove past 77th Garage after work to get a glimpse of the new 4300 series and I gotta say it was quite a few I saw about 6 of them facing 79th with like 10 more further away facing the opposite direction. Can't wait till some come to 103rd so I can get my spin on them lol.

That's weird that they'd have 16 and not put them in service or even send them to the assigning garage yet. I wonder if there's a problem with the buses. I know those buses are loaded with technology, there supposed to have New Flyer Connect, which allows New Flyer a connection to the bus. I still don't know if they have onboard bustracker signs. I've seen buses that have this mounted from the ceiling, slightly smaller than CTA newest train tracker signs. (there was a picture on wikipedia) I don't know if they can be seen from the outside of the bus.

That's weird that they'd have 16 and not put them in service or even send them to the assigning garage yet....

Until recently, new buses hanged out a while in the lot near the fuel depot south of 77th but farther west than Perry than the dead lot. The New Flyers seemed a departure from that, in that the impression I got was that they were delivered directly to the garages (maybe someone else knows more).

But besides inspection, others have pointed out here that fareboxes and Clever Devices equipment have to be installed on the buses. In this case, it wouldn't be just yanking it out of a 4400 and sticking it in a 1000, but I suppose that the equipment from the 6000s is stocked somewhere.

Until recently, new buses hanged out a while in the lot near the fuel depot south of 77th but farther west than Perry than the dead lot. The New Flyers seemed a departure from that, in that the impression I got was that they were delivered directly to the garages (maybe someone else knows more).

But besides inspection, others have pointed out here that fareboxes and Clever Devices equipment have to be installed on the buses. In this case, it wouldn't be just yanking it out of a 4400 and sticking it in a 1000, but I suppose that the equipment from the 6000s is stocked somewhere.

Yes your right, but it doesn't take a month to do that. Of course we could argue maybe the other garages are not yet ready for artics, but 77th shouldn't have a problem running them if that's the case. With the fronts still wrapped obviously they are waiting for something. In reference to what you stated about buses showing up directly to garages, we know these are 103rd buses. It's just for some reason they are unofficially here even though we know they do exist.

Yes your right, but it doesn't take a month to do that. Of course we could argue maybe the other garages are not yet ready for artics, but 77th shouldn't have a problem running them if that's the case. With the fronts still wrapped obviously they are waiting for something. In reference to what you stated about buses showing up directly to garages, we know these are 103rd buses. It's just for some reason they are unofficially here even though we know they do exist.

I swung by 77th Garage on my way 2 a friend's house (up to 4310), and I noticed that they had the traditional 2-door instead of 3 doors. I thought CTA asked for a 3rd door.

I swung by 77th Garage on my way 2 a friend's house (up to 4310), and I noticed that they had the traditional 2-door instead of 3 doors. I thought CTA asked for a 3rd door.

It was only an option in the request for proposals for the next 50-150 articulated buses, as part of the 450-600 bus requisition.

It seems fairly clear that, for the most part, CTA was getting what Seattle had, with respect to this order based on assigned Seattle options.